BOQ Personal Loans
Get a personal loan, a car loan, an overdraft or line of credit. Costs will vary based on the type of loan you apply for.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
- COVID-19 Update
If you're struggling to repay your personal loan, you can get in touch with the bank directly or read our guide.
BOQ is an independent financial services provider with a diverse portfolio of personal and business banking products. Their personal loans offering includes car loans, personal overdrafts, lines of credit and personal loans. You have the option to secure the loan if you prefer, and access higher borrowing amounts.
For a fixed rate unsecured loan, your rate will start from 10.99% p.a., with a borrowing limit of $40,000. The interest rate for a personal overdraft, meanwhile, is 12.54% p.a., with the same borrowing limit. BOQ can lend up to 90% of the property value, if you offer residential property as security. Costs will vary based on the loan and security offered, if any, but apart from interest charges, you can expect to pay application and monthly fees.
BOQ Personal Loans Products
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.
Types of personal loans from BOQ
Interested in applying for a BOQ personal loan? Below is a brief overview of the products offered.
- Personal loan. You can apply for this loan as an unsecured option or with residential property as a guarantee. The minimum loan amount is $3,000 and interest can be fixed or variable.
- Car loan. This is a secured loan with the vehicle offered as security. You can repay over a maximum term of 7 years and early repayments are allowed.
- Personal overdraft. This product can be unsecured or guaranteed with residential property. Interest is variable and early repayments and payouts are allowed.
- Line of credit. This is an ongoing facility with a fixed credit limit. It is a secured loan, which means that the amount is secured with an owner-occupied residential property. The minimum loan amount is $25,000 and interest is set at a competitive 4.78% p.a.
Features of a BOQ personal loan
Here are some of the features of BOQ’s personal loan products.
- Flexible terms. Personal loans can be repaid between 1 to 7 years in weekly, fortnightly or monthly installments. You can borrow from as little as $3,000, or $5,000 for a car loan, and you can borrow up to $40,000 if you can offer security.
- Additional payments. These loans allow for additional repayments at no extra charge. This allows you to repay the loan sooner and save on interest. You can also pay off the whole amount without incurring a penalty fee.
- Fixed or variable interest. With the exception of the personal overdraft product, you can choose between fixed and variable interest.
- Option to secure the loan. If you’d like to secure your personal loan or overdraft, you can offer residential property as security. BOQ will lend up to 90% of the property value depending on your financial situation. Car loans are secured by the value of the vehicle.
- Internet banking. All personal loans can be accessed and managed online.
- Opportunity to invest. The line of credit is suited to individual or business investment purposes, and it’s the only personal loan product that doesn’t attract an establishment fee.
What other products does BOQ offer?
Below are some of the other financial products offered by BOQ.
- Everyday accounts. There are five everyday accounts, including an option specifically for pensioners and a mortgage offset account linked to a home loan.
- Savings accounts. Choose between five options depending on your savings goals. These include a simple savings account, BOQ bonds, a term deposit account and a superannuation account.
- Home loans. BOQ offers a diverse range of home loan products for first-time buyers and investors. Most offer an interest-only option for a maximum of five years, along with flexible repayment terms and access through Internet banking.
- Business banking. Business owners have access to a separate portfolio of banking products designed to help small and medium businesses, both conventional and agricultural. Businesses can apply for loans, open business accounts, apply for business insurance and set up self-managed super funds.
- Online trading. If you’d like to trade shares on financial markets, BOQ offers a trading platform for customers linked to a Money Market deposit account.
How to apply for a personal loan from BOQ
You can apply for a BOQ personal loan online. Keep in mind you’ll need to meet the following criteria before you submit your application:
- You must be at least 18 years old.
- The loan amount must be $3,000 or higher.
- You must not be bankrupt, or have a history of bankruptcy.
- You must be an Australian permanent resident.
- You must earn a regular income.
You’ll also need the following documents on hand:
- Proof of employment
- Financial details
- Proof of assets and liabilities
More guides on Finder
ALDI’s 2021 Boxing Day deals revealed
ALDI has revealed its Boxing Day deals for 2021 and there are some great bargains on camping gear, home entertainment and audio gear. Here are the highlights.
Last minute Christmas gifts: Same day delivery
Are you trying to complete your Christmas shopping with mere hours to spare? These are the last-minute gifts you're looking for.
New on Netflix, Prime Video, Disney Plus, Stan, Foxtel, BINGE and more in January 2022
You can easily elevate your binge-watching game in the New Year.
Where to buy Rightsign COVID rapid-antigen tests
Test yourself at home for COVID-19 with a Rightsign testing kit from one of these online stores. Results in 10-15 minutes.
Where to buy Ecotest COVID rapid-antigen tests
Buy an Ecotest rapid antigen testing kit from one of these online stores and find out if you have COVID-19 in just 10 minutes.
Where to buy Lyher COVID rapid-antigen tests
Here are the online stores where you can buy TGA-approved Lyher testing kits so you can test yourself quickly at home.
Where to buy Hough COVID rapid-antigen tests
Need to quickly test yourself for COVID-19 at home? Find out where you can buy Hough COVID-19 testing kits online in Australia.
How to watch Hobart Hurricanes vs Melbourne Stars BBL and match preview
The Hobart Hurricanes will be looking to stay in touch with the top 4 when they take on the Melbourne Stars this week.
Where to watch Disney’s Encanto online in Australia
You’re invited to find your own magic this holiday season.
Rex Airlines’ $59 flights knocks Virgin out of the park
Book your $59 full-service flights this Boxing Day with Rex Airlines' sale.
Personal Loan OffersImportant Information*
You'll receive a fixed rate between 5.35% p.a. and based on your risk profile.
Apply for a loan up to $70,000 and repay your loan over 3 or 5 years terms.
You'll receive a fixed rate of 8.99% p.a.
Apply for up to $50,000 to use for a variety of purposes without needing to add security. Available to self-employed applicants.
You'll receive a fixed rate between 6.99% p.a. and 18.99% p.a. ( 7.91% p.a. to 19.83% p.a. comparison rate) based on your risk profile
Borrow from $5,000 to $55,000, with 1 years to 7 years loan terms available. This loan comes with no fees for extra repayments and no early exit fees.
You'll receive a fixed rate between 5.95% p.a. and 19.99% p.a. based on your risk profile
A loan from $5,000 to use for a range of purposes. Benefit from no ongoing fees and no early repayment fee.
Ask an Expert