McAfee offers a diverse suite of cybersecurity products designed for individual, family, small business and enterprise needs.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
McAfee is a global cybersecurity company, owned jointly by Intel and Texas Pacific Group (TPG). The company offers an extensive range of products for consumer and business needs. It has two main consumer antivirus products, both of which are available for single and multiple devices. McAfee provides a 100% money-back guarantee on its antivirus products.
The key purpose of McAfee's consumer products is to simply and effectively protect against viruses, malware, ransomware, spyware and other online threats. McAfee also provides firewall and network monitoring, mobile security and ID theft protection.
McAfee also offers advanced business and enterprise security solutions powered by its real-time, cloud-based McAfee Global Threat Intelligence. McAfee extends beyond antivirus and anti-malware coverage to areas including endpoint protection, intrusion protection systems, server security and more.
McAfee pricing and plan options
|Subscription price (AUD)||From $53.95/year||From $79.95/year||From $90.95/year||From $64.95/year||From $119.95/year||From $149.95/year|
|Protects against viruses, ransomware, malware, spyware and other threats||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|PC optimisation and PC boost||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Password manager||1 licence||5 licences||5 licences||1 licence||5 licences||Unlimited|
|ID theft protection||No||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|100% money-back guarantee||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Compatibility||PC, Mac, Android, iOS||PC, Mac, Android, iOS||PC, Mac, Android, iOS||PC, Mac, Android, iOS||PC, Mac, Android, iOS||PC, Mac, Android, iOS|
|Family safety features||No||No||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Plan||Endpoint Protection||Complete Endpoint Protection – Business|
|Devices||Up to 250||Unlimited|
|Subscription price (AUD)||From $32.43-$36.17/year||From $86.48-$123.57/year|
|Protects against viruses, ransomware, malware, spyware and other threats||Yes||Yes|
|PC optimisation and PC boost||Yes||Yes|
|ID theft protection||Yes||Yes|
|100% money-back guarantee||No||No|
|Compatibility||PC, Mac, Android||PC, Mac, Linux, Windows tablet, virtual machines|
|Family safety features||N/A||N/A|
Pros and cons of McAfee
- Offers a range of plans for individuals, families, small businesses and enterprises
- 100% money-back guarantee on consumer product for virus removal
- Includes password manager, ID theft protection and PC optimisation on all plans
- Comes with award-winning 24/7 tech support
- Free versions available
- Subscription price does not increase year on year
- Supports Windows, Mac, Android, iOS
- Higher up-front subscription price for unlimited devices
- Monthly pricing options are only available for business plans
- Some free products are only compatible with Windows
- Extensive product range for enterprises can be overwhelming
- 100% money-back guarantee requires enrolment in auto-renewal service; renewal price is currently the same as first year price (pricing subject to change)
Additional McAfee products
McAfee Mobile Security (Free and premium available)
- Security for Android and iOS tablets and phones
- Anti-theft mode locks your phone to prevent data theft
- Activate alarm to locate lost or stolen device
- CaptureCam snapshots intruder's information and device location
- Selectively share access to your apps, photos and videos
- Back up, restore and wipe contacts remotely
McAfee Virus Removal Service
- McAfee security expert controls computer remotely
- Cleans and secures PC only
- Single use incident
McAfee Small Business Security
- Multi-device protection
- Protection for 5-25 PCs and Macs, unlimited iOS and Android devices
- Email, web and firewall protection
- Easily manage remotely from 1 central location
- Award-winning technical support and PC virus removal service at no additional cost
- Block malware and phishing sites
- Typo protection
- Scans for safe downloads
- Firewall and antivirus security checks
- PC compatible only
McAfee has more than 45 specialised products tailored for business use. The available products provide comprehensive, up-to-date security coverage for all critical areas, spanning cloud security, data protection and encryption, endpoint security, network security, security management, server security, security analytics, SIEM and web security.
Additional plans and pricing options are available on the McAfee website.
Established in 1987, McAfee provides comprehensive security solutions, from antivirus and anti-malware software to endpoint protection and more. McAfee has endpoints in 186 countries and services 80% of the Fortune 100 and 87% of the world's largest banks.
More guides on Finder
Best antivirus software in Australia for 2021
Protect all your devices on Windows, Android, Mac and more with the best antivirus software for 2020, including free programs.
Review: Ledger Nano X hardware wallet
See how the Ledger Nano X hardware wallet stacks up when it comes to security, features and price tag.
VyprVPN review | Price, performance, features compared
Golden Frog's VyprVPN offers a secure VPN service you can trust but it might not be your best option for peer-to-peer file sharing.
Ivacy VPN Review: Price, performance, features compared
Fast and secure VPN at a competitive price – sound too good to be true? See our deals for Ivacy today.
John McAfee’s Bitfi wallet hacked, again
Will Bitfi cough up the cash and pay hackers their earned bounty or use an excuse to avoid remuneration?
Bitcoin and cryptocurrency round-up 2 August 2018
Read about struggling economists, Bit Bundy, McAfee's big day out, blockchain investment and XRP's price analysis.
John McAfee’s “unhackable” crypto wallet was cracked easily
McAfee endorsements are great at grabbing attention, but may be a poor way of instilling confidence.
Panda Security | Prices, plans and features
Panda Security can help you protect single or multiple devices that run using Windows, Android, Mac OS and iOS.
Best wallets for NEM (XEM)
Your guide to the best and most secure wallets for storing, sending and receiving NEM (XEM).
Best NEO (NEO) wallets
Your guide to six of the best desktop, mobile, hardware and web wallets for securely storing NEO.