McAfee offers a diverse suite of cybersecurity products designed for individual, family, small business and enterprise needs.
We’re committed to our readers and editorial independence. We don’t compare all products in the market and may receive compensation when we refer you to our partners, but this does not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn more about Finder .
McAfee is a global cybersecurity company, owned jointly by Intel and Texas Pacific Group (TPG). The company offers an extensive range of products for consumer and business needs. It has two main consumer antivirus products, both of which are available for single and multiple devices. McAfee provides a 100% money-back guarantee on its antivirus products.
The key purpose of McAfee's consumer products is to simply and effectively protect against viruses, malware, ransomware, spyware and other online threats. McAfee also provides firewall and network monitoring, mobile security and ID theft protection.
McAfee also offers advanced business and enterprise security solutions powered by its real-time, cloud-based McAfee Global Threat Intelligence. McAfee extends beyond antivirus and anti-malware coverage to areas including endpoint protection, intrusion protection systems, server security and more.
McAfee pricing and plan options
|Subscription price (AUD)||From $53.95/year||From $79.95/year||From $90.95/year||From $64.95/year||From $119.95/year||From $149.95/year|
|Protects against viruses, ransomware, malware, spyware and other threats||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|PC optimisation and PC boost||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Password manager||1 licence||5 licences||5 licences||1 licence||5 licences||Unlimited|
|ID theft protection||No||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|100% money-back guarantee||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Compatibility||PC, Mac, Android, iOS||PC, Mac, Android, iOS||PC, Mac, Android, iOS||PC, Mac, Android, iOS||PC, Mac, Android, iOS||PC, Mac, Android, iOS|
|Family safety features||No||No||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Plan||Endpoint Protection||Complete Endpoint Protection – Business|
|Devices||Up to 250||Unlimited|
|Subscription price (AUD)||From $32.43-$36.17/year||From $86.48-$123.57/year|
|Protects against viruses, ransomware, malware, spyware and other threats||Yes||Yes|
|PC optimisation and PC boost||Yes||Yes|
|ID theft protection||Yes||Yes|
|100% money-back guarantee||No||No|
|Compatibility||PC, Mac, Android||PC, Mac, Linux, Windows tablet, virtual machines|
|Family safety features||N/A||N/A|
Pros and cons of McAfee
- Offers a range of plans for individuals, families, small businesses and enterprises
- 100% money-back guarantee on consumer product for virus removal
- Includes password manager, ID theft protection and PC optimisation on all plans
- Comes with award-winning 24/7 tech support
- Free versions available
- Subscription price does not increase year on year
- Supports Windows, Mac, Android, iOS
- Higher up-front subscription price for unlimited devices
- Monthly pricing options are only available for business plans
- Some free products are only compatible with Windows
- Extensive product range for enterprises can be overwhelming
- 100% money-back guarantee requires enrolment in auto-renewal service; renewal price is currently the same as first year price (pricing subject to change)
Additional McAfee products
McAfee Mobile Security (Free and premium available)
- Security for Android and iOS tablets and phones
- Anti-theft mode locks your phone to prevent data theft
- Activate alarm to locate lost or stolen device
- CaptureCam snapshots intruder's information and device location
- Selectively share access to your apps, photos and videos
- Back up, restore and wipe contacts remotely
McAfee Virus Removal Service
- McAfee security expert controls computer remotely
- Cleans and secures PC only
- Single use incident
McAfee Small Business Security
- Multi-device protection
- Protection for 5-25 PCs and Macs, unlimited iOS and Android devices
- Email, web and firewall protection
- Easily manage remotely from 1 central location
- Award-winning technical support and PC virus removal service at no additional cost
- Block malware and phishing sites
- Typo protection
- Scans for safe downloads
- Firewall and antivirus security checks
- PC compatible only
McAfee has more than 45 specialised products tailored for business use. The available products provide comprehensive, up-to-date security coverage for all critical areas, spanning cloud security, data protection and encryption, endpoint security, network security, security management, server security, security analytics, SIEM and web security.
Additional plans and pricing options are available on the McAfee website.
Established in 1987, McAfee provides comprehensive security solutions, from antivirus and anti-malware software to endpoint protection and more. McAfee has endpoints in 186 countries and services 80% of the Fortune 100 and 87% of the world's largest banks.