Kaspersky Lab Security
Kaspersky Lab provides a range of security options for desktops, tablets and mobiles.
Kaspersky Lab offers cybersecurity solutions for individuals, households and businesses. Plans can be purchased for family computers or for enterprises with over 1,000 employees. The protection software safeguards users from malware, spyware, ransomware, viruses and other online threats.
Kaspersky Lab also offers a variety of supplementary products and free downloads, allowing users to choose features that are appropriate for their needs. Additional specialised services are available, including packages for mobile phone users, families with young children and small businesses without IT departments.
Kaspersky Lab pricing and plan options
|Plan||Anti-Virus||Internet Security||Total Security|
|Price for 1 device||From $39.95/year||From $41.95/year||From $59.95/year|
|Price for 3 devices||From $69.95/year||From $89.95/year||From $119.96/year|
|Price for 5 devices||From $129.95/year||From $129.95/year||From $149.95/year|
|Protects against viruses, ransomware, malware, spyware and other threats||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|30-day free trial||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Compatibility||PC||PC, Mac, mobile||PC, Mac, mobile|
|Family safety features||No||No||Yes|
Data obtained December 2018
This basic protection package provides security against viruses, ransomware and other threats for PCs.
This plan offers the same protection as the Anti-Virus package, with protections for online banking and shopping, as well as additional privacy features. It's also compatible with Macs and mobiles.
Kaspersky's premium and most expensive personal antivirus protection offers everything that is included in the Internet Security plan as well as file protection, a password manager and parental controls.
Additional Kaspersky Lab products
Kaspersky Security Cloud
- Personal accounts for three or five devices
- Family accounts for up to 20 devices
- Offers flexible parental controls
- Turns on a secure VPN when you're on-the-go
- Extra security layer for financial transactions and emailing
Kaspersky Secure Connection (VPN)
- Protects you on public Wi-Fi
- Safeguards data and browsing
- Free download option covers 200MB per day
- Annual plan allows you to choose the country of your virtual location
Kaspersky Password Manager
- Compatible with PCs, Macs and mobiles
- Can be purchased for one, three or five users
- Securely stores passwords, credit card and address details
- Uses encrypted cloud storage to sync across all your devices
Kaspersky Safe Kids
- Offers free and premium versions
- Both versions allow parents to filter online content
- Premium version offers social media monitoring and real-time alerts
Kaspersky Lab plans for businesses
Kaspersky provides an extensive offering of plans and packages for small and medium-sized businesses, as well as enterprises. Plans can be customised for a particular number of employees or devices and are easily scaled as the business grows. Many of the plans offer endpoint security that protects business networks from potential weak spots and threats that may arise from outside accounts or cyber attacks. Extras such as encryption management, email server security, 24/7 system monitoring and incident response service are all available for businesses to choose from.
- Kaspersky Virus Removal Tool: Assists in cleansing your PC of previous malware attacks.
- Kaspersky Rescue Disk: Disinfects your PC or notebook even if the operating system won't load.
- Kaspersky Software Updater: Checks your PC for outdated programs in need of updating.
- Kaspersky QR Scanner: Checks image, text and site links for safety.
- Kaspersky Battery Life: Extends the battery life of Android phones and tablets.
Pros and cons of Kaspersky Lab
- Multiple plans are available for a range of devices.
- Plenty of parental control options.
- Business plans are extensive and scalable to accommodate business growth.
- Plans are cheaper if purchased for a two-year period.
- Basic antivirus package does not offer many extras.
- Products can slow down system speeds marginally while in use.
- Firewall is not included in basic plan.
- Family protection controls are only included in the Total Security package.
About Kaspersky Lab
Founded in 1997, Kaspersky is a global cybersecurity company that services over 400 million users across the globe. Kaspersky is headquartered in Moscow, with a holding company registered in the UK.
Read more on this topic
Compare employee monitoring software Increase productivity and gain insight into your team’s day-to-day, including tips to keeping your team’s trust intact.
Jobs on DesignCrowd Widen your search for graphic design work with jobs on DesignCrowd fit for freelancers.
Microsoft Teams review Microsoft Teams incorporates a very powerful and complex suite of tools built around existing Microsoft products, although its complexity can also be something of a drawback.
What is AutoCAD LT? Autodesk’s 2D drafting software explained Learn more about AutoCAD's drawing and layout features, pricing and how it compare's to the competition. Plus score a discount code!
Avast Security Avast offers cybersecurity protection for individuals, families and businesses.
Freelancer.com review Freelancer.com is a sprawling online marketplace for employers and freelancers to come together and collaborate on projects.
Fiverr review for employers and freelancers Find digitally-savvy freelancers to help grow your small business or startup from as little as $5 per job.
DeepCrawl makes technical SEO simple DeepCrawl crawls your website to analyse your site architecture and help reveal technical issues that could be affecting your SEO performance.
Track every click with Crazy Egg Crazy Egg provides user experience analytics that can help pinpoint what's causing customers to leave your website.
Dive deep into web analytics with Clicky Clicky delivers real-time web analytics to websites with an easy-to-use dashboard and lots of extra bells and whistles once you get the Pro plan.
Ask an Expert