Bitdefender: Antivirus prices, plans and features
Bitdefender offers multi-level cybersecurity options for individuals, families, businesses, enterprises and service providers.
Bitdefender is a global cybersecurity software company, founded in 2001 by current CEO Florin Talpeş. The company produces an extensive range of antivirus and Internet security software for consumer and business needs. It offers both free and premium antivirus products as well as a whole suite of advanced cybersecurity options designed for enterprises and service providers.
The key aim of Bitdefender's consumer products is to provide effective cybersecurity protection across Windows, Android, macOS and iOS platforms. Bitdefender offers comprehensive anti-virus, anti-malware, anti-phishing, anti-theft, anti-fraud and multi-layer ransomware protection as well as network threat prevention. The company also provides safe online banking, a VPN, a privacy firewall along with many other features to protect your online privacy and personal information.
Bitdefender pricing and plan options
|Plan||Antivirus Plus 2019||Antivirus For Mac||Internet Security 2019||Total Security 2019||Family Pack 2019||Small Office Security 2019||GravityZone Business Security||GravityZone Advanced Business Security|
|First year price (AUD)||From $44.99 - $94.99 /year||From $49.99 - $69.99 /year||From $69.99 - $114.99 /year||From $119.99 - $139.99 /year||From $159.99 /year||From $129.99 - $329.99 /year||From $159.95 - $2,329.95 /year||From $374.95 - $3,249.95 /year|
|Devices||1, 3, 5 or 10||1 or 3||1, 3, 5 or 10||Up to 5 or 10||Up to 15||Up to 5, 10 or 20 devices||3 - 50 devices, 1 - 15 servers||5 - 50 devices, 8 - 75 mailboxes|
|Protects against viruses, ransomware, malware, spyware and other threats||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Network threat prevention||No||No||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Compatibility||PC||Mac||PC||PC, Mac, Android, iOS||PC, Mac, Android, iOS||PC, Mac, Android, iOS||PC, Mac, Android, iOS, Linux||PC, Mac, Android, iOS, Linux|
|Family safety features||No||No||Yes||Yes||Yes||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|Endpoint security, including AI and machine learning||No||No||No||No||No||No||Yes||Yes|
|Secure cloud storage||No||No||No||No||No||No||Yes||Yes|
Data obtained November 2018
Pros and cons of Bitdefender
- Offers a range of options for individuals, families, small businesses and enterprises
- Security suites have won numerous rewards, including PC Magazine Editors' Choice 2012 - 2018, AV Comparatives Product of the Year 2017, AV Test Best Performance, Protection and Repair 2018
- Online expert support available 24/7
- Supports Windows, Mac, Android, iOS
- Subscription price does not increase year on year
- One, two or three-year subscription options are also available
- Easy, cloud-based management for centralised control of all devices
- No money-back guarantee on virus removal
- Higher upfront subscription price for more devices
- Some free versions only compatible with Windows and Android
- Automatic subscription renewal for continuous protection, opt-out available
- Monthly subscription option is only available for small office security
- Business security options can be expensive
Additional Bitdefender products
Install and set up
- Lets experts easily install and configure your antivirus
- Available for a variety of platforms
- Uses a secure, remote connection
- Bitdefender's virtual private network grants you complete online anonymity
- Encrypts all incoming and outgoing traffic
- Compatible with all devices
Virus and spyware removal
- Experts perform manual security scans, troubleshoot and eliminate all viruses from system
- Uses a secure, remote connection
- Available for PC only
- Removes obsolete applications
- Finds and eliminates slowdown source
- Locates and fixes Windows issues
- Fixes driver errors and updates drivers
- Available for PC only
Mobile security for Android and iOS
- Provides cloud-based malware detection and anti-theft protection
- Takes care of online privacy and personal information by offering a VPN and App Lock
- Offers autopilot, battery saver and performance optimisation
- Awarded AV Test best Android security product 2015 - 2017
Bitdefender has more than 20 specialised products that cater to small and medium-sized businesses, enterprises and service providers. The available products offer advanced security at multiple levels for virtual environments, endpoints, mobiles and exchange. Network traffic security analytics, advanced threat protection, exploits prevention, zero-days prevention and more are all available for businesses to help them prevent sophisticated cyber threats.
Additional plans and pricing options are available on the McAfee website.
Founded in 2001, Bitdefender offers extensive cybersecurity solutions for families and corporations. Bitdefender claims to have the largest security intelligence cloud globally, protecting over 500 million devices in 150 countries worldwide.
Read more on this topic
G Suite review An elegant collection of products for easy collaboration within your business.
Alternatives to Jira 13 BEST Jira alternatives for project management within your business.
Slack vs Microsoft Teams Slack is best as a standalone IM tool, while Microsoft Teams comes with a suite of products.
Dropbox Business vs OneDrive for Business We put two big names head-to-head, including features, pros and cons, pricing, reputation and more.
Dropbox Business vs Google Drive We put two big names head-to-head, including features, pros and cons, pricing, reputation and more.
Alternatives to Skype for Business Compare costs and weigh pros and cons for 13 video conferencing tools.
Monday.com vs Trello Compare price, functionality and features to make the right choice for your business.
Alternatives to Zoom 13 business conferencing solutions for businesses big and small.
Asana vs Monday.com Compare price, functionality and features to make the right choice for your business.
Trello vs Asana Trello is best for linear to-do lists, while Asana helps teams manage complex projects.
Ask an Expert