We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Pepper Money is a homegrown Australian non-bank lender that launched in 2000. They provide a variety of home loan solutions, car loans, personal loans, loans for professional equipment and commercial loans to customers Australia-wide. Their personal loans allow you to borrow up to $50,000, with a personalised rate starting from 5.95% p.a. They have three home loan products, with interest rates based on your credit score. If your score is excellent, you can expect to receive rates starting from 2.85% p.a. If you haven’t had a credit score in two years, rates start from 3.79% p.a., or if you have a less than perfect credit history, your rates start from 4.99% p.a. You’ll also be expected to pay a 10% deposit.
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.
Pepper Money personal loans
A range of personal loans, both secured and unsecured, are offered by Pepper. Loan options include:
- Pepper Money No Fee Personal Loan. This unsecured loan offering from Pepper is available from $5,000 to $50,000. It includes a personalised rate from 5.95% p.a. and there are no ongoing fees. This loan is available on terms from 18 months to 7 years.
- Pepper Money Fixed Rate Personal Loan. This loan is available as unsecured from $5,000 to $50,000, and secured from $5,000 to $50,000. Interest rates vary from 5.95% p.a. to 19.95% p.a. and loan terms from 18 months to 7 years.
Pepper Money personal loans are available for a range of purposes, including:
- Debt consolidation of payday lender debts
- Mortgage and credit arrears
- Payment of defaults and judgements
- Loans for business purposes
Pepper Money home loans
There are 3 main home loan products on offer with Pepper. These include:
- Pepper Essential. This loan is a simple loan product available to customers with a clear credit history. Personalised rates start from 2.85% p.a. and are based on your credit score and financial situation.
- Pepper Easy. This loan is available to borrowers who haven't had a credit problem in the last 2 years. Personalised rates start from 3.79% p.a. based on your credit score and income.
- Pepper Advantage. This loan is available to borrowers who have less than perfect credit histories or have struggled finding a loan elsewhere. Personalised rates start from 4.99% p.a. based on your credit score, income and financial history.
If you can get together a 10% deposit and aren't currently bankrupt, Pepper Money can offer you the opportunity to get a home loan or to consolidate your debts into a new home loan.
Home loans from Pepper Money are available for:
- Bad credit borrowers
- Non-standard income borrowers
- Self-employed borrowers
- Home buyers
- First time buyers
- Debt consolidation
For more information on Pepper's home loans, please visit our guide.
Features of Pepper Money personal loans
The following features are available with Pepper Money:
- Rate estimate. Get an estimated rate based on some simple personal information before you apply.
- Repayment calculator. Calculate your expected repayments to see what you can afford.
- Range of loan purposes. Pepper Money loans are available for almost any legitimate purpose.
- Secured and unsecured options. Depending on the type of finance you're looking for, how much you would like to borrow and your financial circumstances, Pepper may give you the option of a loan secured by an asset or not.
- Quick application. You can apply online in just 10 minutes.
- Quick approval. Pepper aims to get a decision as to whether or not your application has been approved to you within 5 hours.
- Quick funding. If approved, funds should be in your account by the next business day.
- Options for bad credit borrowers. Having a poor credit history can make getting a personal loan more difficult. With Pepper Money, an applicant's financial circumstances are considered on a case-by-case basis.
How to apply
To apply for a loan with Pepper, simply click "Go to site" to visit the lender directly and complete an application. Applicants for these loans will be required to:
- Be aged 18 or over
- Be an Australian citizen or permanent resident
- Have some form of employment
Depending on the type of finance that you are applying for, other eligibility criteria may also apply.
To compare more personal loan options, please click here.
More guides on Finder
Personal loan rejection: Reasons and how to avoid it
There are a number of reasons why your personal loan application may be rejected.
Symple Loans personal loan
Symple Loans offers a peer-to-peer unsecured personal loan with personalised interest rates.
South West Slopes Credit Union Greener Futures Loan
A no-fee loan to be used for the purchase of green initiatives such as home solar panels or double glazing.
Transport Mutual Credit Union Unsecured Personal Loan
An unsecured loan with a variable rate of interest and zero account keeping fees.
The Mutual Bank Secured Personal Loan
This loan is to be secured against residential property, rural lifestyle property or a term deposit. It has no early repayment or ongoing fees.
Firefighters Mutual Bank Fixed Rate All Purpose Personal Loan
An unsecured, fixed rate loan with zero ongoing service fees for members of Firefighters Mutual Bank.
Dnister Ukrainian Credit Co-operative Premier Personal Loan
A secured loan for Dnister Ukrainian CC members, with no monthly fees and a variable rate of interest.
Service One Alliance Bank Unsecured Eco Personal Loan
The Eco Personal Loan from Service One Alliance Bank is designed to buy environmentally friendly purchases such as solar panels and batteries. It does not require security and has a variable rate.
Personal Loan OffersImportant Information*
You'll receive a fixed rate between 5.35% p.a. and 19.09% p.a. based on your risk profile.
Apply for a loan up to $70,000 and repay your loan over 3, 5 or 7 years terms.
You'll receive a fixed rate between 6.49% p.a. and 15.99% p.a. ( 7.41% p.a. to 16.84% p.a. comparison rate) based on your risk profile
Apply for up to $50,000 to use for a variety of purposes without needing to add security. Available to self-employed applicants.
You'll receive a fixed rate between 6.99% p.a. and 18.99% p.a. ( 7.91% p.a. to 19.83% p.a. comparison rate) based on your risk profile
Borrow from $5,000 to $55,000, with 1 years to 7 years loan terms available. This loan comes with no fees for extra repayments and no early exit fees.
You'll receive a fixed rate between 6.95% p.a. and 22.49% p.a. based on your risk profile
A loan from $5,000 to use for a range of purposes. Benefit from no ongoing fees and no early repayment fee.
Ask an Expert