We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Pepper Money is a homegrown Australian non-bank lender that launched in 2000. They provide a variety of home loan solutions, car loans, personal loans, loans for professional equipment and commercial loans to customers Australia-wide. Their personal loans allow you to borrow up to $50,000, with a personalised rate starting from 5.95% p.a. They have three home loan products, with interest rates based on your credit score. If your score is excellent, you can expect to receive rates starting from 2.85% p.a. If you haven’t had a credit score in two years, rates start from 3.79% p.a., or if you have a less than perfect credit history, your rates start from 4.99% p.a. You’ll also be expected to pay a 10% deposit.
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.
Pepper Money personal loans
A range of personal loans, both secured and unsecured, are offered by Pepper. Loan options include:
- Pepper Money No Fee Personal Loan. This unsecured loan offering from Pepper is available from $5,000 to $50,000. It includes a personalised rate from 5.95% p.a. and there are no ongoing fees. This loan is available on terms from 18 months to 7 years.
Pepper Money personal loans are available for a range of purposes, including:
- Debt consolidation of payday lender debts
- Mortgage and credit arrears
- Payment of defaults and judgements
- Loans for business purposes
Pepper Money home loans
There are 3 main home loan products on offer with Pepper. These include:
- Pepper Essential. This loan is a simple loan product available to customers with a clear credit history. Personalised rates start from 2.85% p.a. and are based on your credit score and financial situation.
- Pepper Easy. This loan is available to borrowers who haven't had a credit problem in the last 2 years. Personalised rates start from 3.79% p.a. based on your credit score and income.
- Pepper Advantage. This loan is available to borrowers who have less than perfect credit histories or have struggled finding a loan elsewhere. Personalised rates start from 4.99% p.a. based on your credit score, income and financial history.
If you can get together a 10% deposit and aren't currently bankrupt, Pepper Money can offer you the opportunity to get a home loan or to consolidate your debts into a new home loan.
Home loans from Pepper Money are available for:
- Bad credit borrowers
- Non-standard income borrowers
- Self-employed borrowers
- Home buyers
- First time buyers
- Debt consolidation
For more information on Pepper's home loans, please visit our guide.
Features of Pepper Money personal loans
The following features are available with Pepper Money:
- Rate estimate. Get an estimated rate based on some simple personal information before you apply.
- Repayment calculator. Calculate your expected repayments to see what you can afford.
- Range of loan purposes. Pepper Money loans are available for almost any legitimate purpose.
- Secured and unsecured options. Depending on the type of finance you're looking for, how much you would like to borrow and your financial circumstances, Pepper may give you the option of a loan secured by an asset or not.
- Quick application. You can apply online in just 10 minutes.
- Quick approval. Pepper aims to get a decision as to whether or not your application has been approved to you within 5 hours.
- Quick funding. If approved, funds should be in your account by the next business day.
- Options for bad credit borrowers. Having a poor credit history can make getting a personal loan more difficult. With Pepper Money, an applicant's financial circumstances are considered on a case-by-case basis.
How to apply
To apply for a loan with Pepper, simply click "Go to site" to visit the lender directly and complete an application. Applicants for these loans will be required to:
- Be aged 18 or over
- Be an Australian citizen or permanent resident
- Have some form of employment
Depending on the type of finance that you are applying for, other eligibility criteria may also apply.
To compare more personal loan options, please click here.
More guides on Finder
Great Southern Bank Variable Rate Personal Loan
With a Variable Rate Personal Loan from Great Southern Bank you get simplicity matched with the opportunity to save yourself hundreds of dollars in interest fees. The flexibility in repayments that this loan gives you makes it easy to keep up with and pay it off without incurring extra fees.
Great Southern Bank Fixed Rate Personal Loan
When you have a large expense that your savings can’t cover, a personal loan at a fixed rate from Great Southern Bank is an option worth considering. With no fees and a competitive fixed interest rate, this could be the right loan for you.
Swoop Finance Business Loans
Swoop Finance offers a vast range of business loans via its extensive lender portfolio. Businesses of all sizes and funding requirements may be able to qualify. Find out more.
Self-employed? Here’s how you could save up to $1,680 on your mortgage
A non-bank lender announces deep cuts to interest rates for self-employed borrowers, slashing up to 0.5% off rates for residential loans.
Pepper Money No Fee Personal Loan
Find out more about Pepper Money's no fee personal loan and benefit from a competitive rate from 6.95% p.a., zero fees and loan terms of up to 7 years.
ebroker Business Loans review
Whatever your business loan requirement, ebroker may be able to help. With a range of loan options from over 70 bank and non-bank lenders compared on-site, could you find the right loan for your business?
Alex Bank Personal Loan
Alex is a neobank lender specialising in personalised rate personal loans. Find out more about Alex's personal loans and what fees and features are involved.
Macquarie Bank Business Loans
Macquarie Bank is a trusted independent global financial services group offering a wide range of business loans for a variety of purposes. Find the right loan for your business here.
Aussies urged to take note of money changes happening in 2020
From rate cuts to insurance hikes, Finder has compiled a list of key money changes and personal finance predictions happening in 2020. Find out about the changes coming to your home loan, health insurance policy, banking and more.
MoneyMe Freestyle Virtual Credit Account
MoneyMe offers a flexible line of credit loan that's accessible within minutes. Apply online and get approved for a maximum credit limit from $1,000 to $10,000 and make purchases straight from your mobile phone.
Personal Loan OffersImportant Information*
You'll receive a fixed rate between 5.35% p.a. and based on your risk profile.
Apply for a loan up to $50,000 and repay your loan over 3 or 5 years terms.
You'll receive a fixed rate of 8.99% p.a.
Apply for up to $50,000 to use for a variety of purposes without needing to add security. Available to self-employed applicants.
You'll receive a fixed rate between 6.99% p.a. and 18.99% p.a. ( 7.91% p.a. to 19.83% p.a. comparison rate) based on your risk profile
An unsecured loan up to $55,000 you can use for a range of purposes and pay off over up to 7 years. Note: Majority of customers will get the headline rate of 12.69% p.a. (13.56% p.a. comparison rate) or less. See Comparison rate warning in (i) above.
You'll receive a fixed rate between 6.99% p.a. and 20.49% p.a. based on your risk profile
A loan from $5,000 to use for a range of purposes. Benefit from no ongoing fees and no early repayment fee.
Ask an Expert