Pepper Flexi-Advantage Home Loan
A closer look at some of the home loan options Pepper Home Loans offers to those with credit impairment.
The Pepper Flexi Advantage range of home loans targets a market of borrowers who are unable to meet the lending criteria of banks and mortgage insurers and want to either buy a home, refinance an existing home loan or roll their debts into their home loan.
General features of a Pepper Flexi Advantage home loan
- Free additional repayments
- Up to four loan splits
- Flexible lending criteria which accepts certain defaults and discharged bankrupts
- Third party Lenders’ Mortgage Insurance (LMI) approval isn’t required
- Redraw available
- Interest-only options
About this loan
What are the features and benefits of the Pepper Flexi Advantage Home Loan?
- The mortgage may be taken out for any period from 10 years to a maximum of 40 years.
- This particular home loan can be repayable as interest-only for one to five years, or you can make principal and interest repayments on a regular basis. Repayments can be made on a weekly, fortnightly or monthly basis when you are paying off both principal and interest but monthly only when your repayments are interest-only.
- You can pay any amount of additional repayments whenever you have the extra money available. The amount you do pay additionally is totally unlimited. Redraw facilities are also available with a minimum redraw of $50 online or $1,000 manually at any one time. This feature is only available when the loan is being repaid on the basis of principal and interest. It's not available when you're making interest-only repayments.
|Pepper Flexi Advantage (full doc)||Pepper Flexi Advantage Plus (full doc)|
|Features||Has a relatively wide eligibility for home loan products in Australia for a huge range of purposes.||One of the widest eligibility home loan products in Australia for a huge range of purposes.|
|Credit background allowed||Unlimited number of judgements or defaults which have been registered at least one year before you apply, whether they are paid or unpaid are considered. Less than 1 month of mortgage arrears within the last 6 months are also considered.||Unlimited number of defaults or judgements if they are registered more than one year before your application, whether they are paid or unpaid are considered. Applicants with up to two registered defaults within a year of application may also qualify. In addition, up to two months of current mortgage arrears may be accepted.|
|Want to know more about the features?||Click here for the review||Click here for the review|
What fees and charges come with this loan?
Fees you can avoid
- Redraw fee: $0. There's no fee for redrawing your additional funds with this loan.
Fees you can't avoid
- Mortgage Risk Fee. This fee starts from 0.75% of the loan amount. The applicable fee will depend on your LVR, and can be as high as 2% of the loan amount.
- Establishment fee. There is an establishment fee of $995 that includes one standard valuation charge.
- There will be legal fees of approximately $440 to pay.
- Title Protection Fee. There is a Title Protection Fee of $400.
- Discharge fee. As your loan will eventually end, you'll be up for a discharge fee of $250 when that rewarding time comes.
- Monthly administration fee of $15 per month. This fee is charged for the maintenance of your accounts.
How to apply
Applicants will find their individual eligibility to access such a mortgage is based on their own specific circumstances, not on their credit score which many other lenders rely on.
Pepper is part of the Credit and Investments Ombudsman Limited (CIO), so you can have the peace of mind that you'll have independent supervision of Pepper on your side.
To qualify for a Pepper Flexi Advantage you must be able to produce at least:
- Your last two PAYG payslips issued by your employer plus any of the following: a letter confirming your employment or alternatively your latest taxation group certificate, your latest tax assessment notice or 3 months bank statements.
- Or if you are self-employed, your last 2 years tax returns and last 2 years tax assessment notices.
- If you are borrowing for refinance purposes you must be able to provide evidence of satisfactory loan repayments for the previous six months.
This home loan is available to a wide range of applicants and takes into consideration each individual home buyer's specific situation rather than just your credit history.rest-only