BankSA Platinum Card review
You can use this Visa credit card in-store, online, and over the phone, and to withdraw cash from ATMs. You can use this card just about anywhere in the world, as long as you're dealing with a merchant who accepts Visa.
This card comes with a minimum credit limit of , and one of its biggest plus is the up to interest-free days on purchases that it offers.
Up to interest free days on purchases
- Buy now, pay later, without incurring interest The People's Choice Credit Union Visa Credit Card gives you the ability to make purchases and not pay any interest for up to days. The exact number of days depend on when your account bills and when you make the purchase. Please note that this is only available if you pay your balance in full every statement period.
- Don't carry over balances There's one requirement when it comes to these interest-free days. Your account should not have any carry over balance upon billing, and this requires that you pay your closing balance in full every billing cycle.
- Exceptions In case you don't make timely repayments, all purchases attract a standard variable rate. If you use the card for cash advances, expect to pay interest from the date of the transaction. Interest-free days don't apply on balance transfers.
- Visa payWave This technology enables cardholders to carry out contactless transactions when paying less than $100. These transactions don't require you to enter your PIN or sign.
- Verified by Visa Verified by Visa ensures protection when you use this card for online shopping. As part of this service, Visa assesses the transaction risk depending on different factors, and can ask you to enter personal details as a means of confirming your identity.
- V.me by Visa This digital wallet service offers cardholders an easy way to shop online. You have to register for this service, which is free, and once you do this you get a quick, secure, flexible, and streamlined way to shop online, from just about anywhere.
- Exclusive entertainment offers All cardholders get access to a number of exclusive entertainment-related offers which include pre-sale tickets for live events, concerts, stage shows and more.
Save on the annual fee
- Get an Activate account If you're less than 25 years of age, and have a People's Choice Activate everyday account, you don't have to pay the annual card fee.
- Get a compatible home loan package You can also avoid the annual fee if you have an existing line of credit package, investment loan package, or home loan package with this credit union.
- Annual fee if you don't qualify If you don't qualify for an annual fee waiver you have to pay an annual fee of $40 for as long as you maintain this credit card.
People's Choice Credit Union Visa Credit Card Features
With the People's Choice Credit Union Visa Credit Card you can look forward to quick approval as well as competitive interest rates. A benefit with this card is that it attracts the same interest on purchases as well as on cash advances, whereas most conventional credit cards charge higher cash advance rates when compared to their purchase rates. Before applying, make sure you take the following into account as well.
- You can use this Visa credit card at over 16 million retail merchants the world over
- This credit card allows balance transfers which attract the card's variable purchase rate. A balance transfer fee applies
- You don't have to pay any fees for deposits, BPAY payments, SMS banking, and credit purchases
- Agency withdrawals and debit transfers, branch withdrawals and debit transfers, Bank@Post withdrawals, direct debits, as well as internet and phone banking debit transfers can attract fees
- The regular annual fee for this card is $40, although qualifying cardholders can avoid this fee
- If you're late in making repayments, a $25 second letter fee applies
- This card comes with fraud protection and chip functionality
How to apply for the People's Choice Credit Union Visa Credit Card
To apply, you have to meet the following criteria.
- You should be a permanent resident of Australia
- You should be over 18 years of age
To complete your application, it's recommended that you keep the following information handy:
- Your contact details including a phone number, an email address, and a mailing address
- Driver's license or passport number
- Employer's name and contact details
- Information surrounding your income and expenditure
- Information about all your assets and liabilities
While the interest-free days that the People's Choice Credit Union Visa Credit Card comes with seem inviting, take some time to compare all the features of this card with a few others. Only then should you decide if you wish to apply for this Visa credit card.