Are you a member of Peoplecare? Find out how you can get access to discounted travel insurance and more.
Peoplecare is a not-for-profit health fund that has been providing for the health care needs of its members since 1953. Independently rated as the best value health cover in Australia, Peoplecare is a multi-award winning company with a reputation for personal service and customer satisfaction. It provides national coverage with over 30,000 doctors and 500 private hospitals around Australia.
Peoplecare travel insurance
Through an arrangement with QBE Insurance, Peoplecare also offers the following travel insurance options:
- Annual Multi-Trip. This option provides cover for unlimited domestic or international trips in a 12-month period where trips are no more than 60 days. It includes medical, dental, evacuation and repatriation, cancellation and additional expenses.
- International Comprehensive. This option has comprehensive cover for medical, dental, evacuation and repatriation, cancellation, additional expenses and more.
- Budget. This option covers single international trips and includes medical, dental, medical evacuation and repatriation, cancellation, additional expenses and more.
- Australian Comprehensive. This option provides cover for cancellation or rearrangement costs, additional travel expenses, repatriation and other benefits for travel inside Australia.
- Australian Cancellation. This option gives limited cover for the non-refundable portion of prepaid travel arrangements or additional travel, accommodation and meals for travel inside Australia.
- Inbound Travel Insurance. This option provides cover for non-residents travelling to and within Australia on a temporary basis. It covers medical, cancellation, loss or theft of luggage, rental vehicle insurance excess and more.
What are the benefits of Peoplecare Health Insurance?
As a not-for-profit, member-owned health fund, Peoplecare exists to serve its members, rather than paying dividends to investors. Profits are reinvested to provide better benefits as well as better service and members would seem to agree, with Peoplecare scoring 97% in a 2016 member satisfaction survey.
Peoplecare members also enjoy a wide range of discounts and incentives including the following:
- You get 100% ambulance cover in all levels of health cover.
- You can access health management benefits, such as quit smoking courses, stress management courses and weight control programs.
- You can get 25% off the entire range of glasses, contacts and sunglasses at Peoplecare Eyes & Teeth.
- You can enjoy gap-free preventative dental and lower out-of-pocket costs for other dental services with extras cover.
- You can receive a minimum 15% off all treatments at smile.com.au with extras cover.
- You can take advantage of 20% off lenses and lens extras (such as anti-reflective UV coating and tinting) and 15% off non-prescription sunglasses at Laubman & Pank and OPSM.
- You can get a 20% discount for one pair of complete glasses (frames and lenses), a 15% discount on spectacle lenses only and a 10% discount on contact lenses at Eyebenefit.
- You can get a 25% discount for one pair of complete glasses (frames and lenses) from the $149 range and above as well as a 20% discount on all extras at Specsavers. You can also get a free contact lens assessment, fitting and trial as well as free digital retinal photography.
- You can receive one pair of no-gap frames and lenses or a free second pair, a 15% discount on all in-store contact lenses and a 20% discount on all lens add-ons at VSP Australia.
Compare your options and get health insurance today
- Health round-up: Online sperm donors, ending obesity and antibiotics
- Binge watchers beware
- Preventable hospitalisations cost the Australian economy billions each year
- Health round-up: e-melanoma checks, suicide prevention texts and bleach danger
- Health rebate helps keep premiums affordable
- Young parents don’t trust GPs