Simplify your life and always stay connected with a Pebble smartwatch.
The Pebble smartwatch was released in 2013 by the Pebble Technology Corporation. Funded mainly by crowdfunding platform Kickstarter, the Pebble Technology Corporation simply aims to make a watch that people love using everyday.
From smartphone notifications to tracking your exercise routine and much more, the Pebble Watch offers a host of intriguing features to consumers. Having sold more than one million smartwatches, Pebble has quickly become a big player in this competitive sector of the global electronics marketplace.
It also offers the Pebble Time, the Pebble Steel and the Pebble Time Steel, with Pebble again receiving a generous amount of funding through Kickstarter to help bring its innovative watch smartwatch ideas to life.
What are the key features of Pebble smartwatches?
- Quick notifications. The Pebble Watch allows you to glance at your wrist to check call, text and email notifications.
- Long battery life. Quick to charge, the Pebble Watch’s battery will last for up to seven days.
- Water resistant. Unlike many other smartwatches on the market, this innovative product is water resistant up to 50 metres - there’s no need to worry about taking it off before you go for a swim.
- Fitness tracker. Use your Pebble Watch to track your walking, running, swimming, cycling and other exercise activities.
- Other features. Easy to read in daylight, the Pebble appstore offers thousands of unique apps and watch-faces that are compatible with iOS and Android.
Pebble Time and Time Steel
- Colour screen. Both models feature a 1.25-inch LED backlight display.
- Long battery life. While the Pebble Time can last up to seven days between charges, the Pebble Time Steel can go up to 10 days before you need to plug it in again.
- Sensors. Both models feature a microphone, CD accelerometer, compass and ambient light sensor.
- Pebble OS. The Time and Time Steel feature an updated Pebble operating system over the first Pebble Watch.
- Fast notifications. Check who is calling, texting or emailing you with quick and easy notifications.
- Long battery life. With up to seven days of battery life, the Pebble Steel can go a long time between charges.
- Music control. This clever smartwatch allows you to pick songs and adjust the volume of music playing on your phone.
- Clear display. The Pebble Steel’s display is specially designed to be easy to read in daylight.
- Apps. With thousands of Android and iOS compatible apps in the Pebble appstore, you can customise the Pebble Steel to suit your needs.
Pebble smartwatches technical specifications
|Pebble Watch||Pebble Time||Pebble Time Steel||Pebble Steel|
|Dimensions||52 x 36 x 11.5mm||40.5 x 37.5 x 9.5mm||40.5 x 37.5 x 10.5mm||46 x 34 x 10.5mm|
|Wireless||Bluetooth 4.0||Bluetooth 4.0||Bluetooth 4.0||Bluetooth 4.0|
|Display||1.26-inch, 144 × 168 pixel e-paper display||1.25-inch, colour e-paper display||1.25-inch, colour e-paper display||1.26-inch, 144 × 168 pixel e-paper display|
|Sensors||3D accelerometer, compass, light sensor||3D accelerometer, compass, ambient light sensor, microphone||3D accelerometer, compass, ambient light sensor, microphone||3D accelerometer, compass, light sensor|
|Power and battery||Lithium-ion polymer battery, up to 7 days battery life||Lithium-ion polymer battery, up to 7 days battery life||Lithium-ion polymer battery, up to 10 days battery life||Lithium-ion polymer battery, up to 7 days battery life|
|Water resistance||Up to 50 metres||Up to 30 metres||Up to 30 metres||Up to 50 metres|
|Materials||Polycarbonate case, TPU rubber or silicone band||Polycarbonate case, stainless-steel bezel, silicone band||Marine-grade stainless-steel case, stainless-steel bezel, leather band (stainless-steel band also available)||Marine-grade stainless-steel case, leather band|
Frequently asked questions
Click to buy from these retailers
DWI (Digital World International)
You may also like
- ALSO READ: Key Features of Pebble Smartwatches
- ALSO READ: Comparing Wearables: How to Choose the Right One for You
- ALSO READ: The Complete List of All Wearable Apps