PayPal Working Capital Loan
Borrow up to 25% of your past PayPal sales. Fees are based on your loan amount, repayment percentage and your PayPal sales history.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
This financing option from PayPal allows you to borrow up to 25% of your PayPal sales from the past 12 month, with a maximum limit of $97,000. When you apply, you will have to select the proportion of your sales that will be deducted automatically as your repayments. This means that if you do well one month and have a slow month the next, the percentage you've selected as part of your repayment plan will remain the same but the monetary amount will be smaller. This loan is for people who are self-employed and for small online PayPal-based businesses. Fees include a fixed fee, that is determined by your loan amount, chosen repayment percentage and your business’ PayPal sales history. You will need to pay at least 5% or 10% of your loan amount every 90 days.
How does the PayPal Working Capital Loan work?
You can borrow up to 25% of your PayPal sales over the past 12 months, with a maximum amount of $97,000. You then select a percentage of your future PayPal sales that will go towards the amount you've borrowed and the fixed fee. Automatic repayments then come out of each PayPal sale and will continue until your balance is paid off in full. There are no set loan terms, as you could potentially pay off the amount you've borrowed in two months depending on the amount you've borrowed and how successful your PayPal sales have been.
Once your application has been approved, you will receive the funds in less than one minute.
Features of the PayPal Working Capital Loan
Features of this business loan include:
- One fixed fee. PayPal Working Capital charges you one fixed fee for the duration of your loan. This fee is determined by a few factors, including what percentage of your sales you select as a repayment amount. It is also determined by your loan amount and your PayPal sales history.
- Flexible loan terms. You are required to pay 5% or 10% of your total loan amount (which is the amount borrowed and the fixed fee) every 90 days. As PayPal has information on your sales history, it can accurately gauge just how long it should take you to pay off the amount you've borrowed. There is a 5% minimum applied to loans that will take more than 12 months to pay off. The 10% applies to loans that will take less than 12 months to pay off.
- No fee for additional repayments or payment in full early. There are no fees that are charged for paying off the amount owed early or making additional payments to lower the balance.
- Flexible borrowing amount. You can borrow up to 25% of your PayPal sales over the last 12 months. This is up to a maximum of $97,000.
- One loan at a time. You can only have one PayPal Working Capital loan at a time. This is so repayments are kept simple and affordable for you.
- Fast application process. The application process will take five minutes, as it uses your PayPal account which will have all the information ready for you upon applying. All you need to do is select the loan amount you want, set the repayment percentage and you'll be on your way.
- Fast funding time. Once your loan has been approved, you will have your funds in less than one minute.
How much does the loan cost?
Some of the fees you need to be aware of are:
- The fixed fee. Once you select your loan amount and choose how much of your PayPal sales you want to go towards your repayments, you will find out what your fixed fee is. This is the set fee that is applied at the start of the loan. This fee is determined by your loan amount, chosen repayment percentage and your business' PayPal sales history.
- Repayment percentage. You select how much your repayments want to be by nominating a percentage of your sales to be your ongoing repayment amount. Keep in mind you need to pay at least 5% or 10% of your total loan amount every 90 days. The 5% minimum applies to loans that PayPal expects will take more than 12 months to repay and the 10% minimum applies to loans estimated to be repaid within 12 months.
How to apply for the PayPal Working Capital Loan
To apply for the loan, click on "Go to Site" and ensure you meet the following requirements:
- Have a PayPal business or premier account for three months or more
- Live in Australia, the United States or the United Kingdom
- Process at least $20,000 in PayPal sales annually if you have a premier PayPal account or $15,000 if you have a business account
- Have paid off any existing PayPal Working Capital Loan
PayPal will be able to see if you meet the eligibility criteria from looking at your sales. If eligible, once you select the amount you want to borrow as well as the percentage of sales that goes towards the final loan balance, you will have your funding in less than one minute.
More guides on Finder
Ethereum price dips further after Vitalik Buterin reveals ETH2.0 transition is only halfway there
ETH2.0 upgrade is only 50% done, co-founder Vitalik Buterin recently revealed, resulting in the altcoin registering weekly losses of 27%.
Polestar 2 vs Tesla Model 3
Which is a better electric car, the Tesla Model 3 or the Polestar 2? We compared them to find out.
Bitcoin price falters but fundamentals remain strong, suggesting a reversal may be on the cards
BTC's network activity hovers around its all-time high levels even though its price movements remained shaky over the past few days.
Skullcandy Push Active review: Revenge of the shredded nerds
The Skullcandy Push Active are a good option if you’re looking for sports earbuds you can knock about and sweat on.
South Australia floods: Can I make a home insurance claim?
Residents impacted by the floods in rural SA may be able to make a claim.
Hangout with #MoneyExperts
MoneySmart Week is all about learning how to be financially literate.
Going Green: People4Ocean
Find out how this Australian company created sunscreen products that protect a lot more than just your skin.
Superannuation insurance: 3 hidden costs you must check now
The value of insurance premiums held within super went up 7.4% last year – but are the benefits worth it?
Epic $29 Jetstar sale has landed + $109 international flights
Holiday locally or head overseas to Bali, Thailand, New Zealand, Hawaii, Fiji and more.
Ask an Expert