PayExpress Short Term Cash Loan
PayExpress offers short term loans up to $2,000.
Maximum loan amount
Term of loan
|Product Name||PayExpress Short Term Cash Loan|
|Minimum loan amount||$250|
|Maximum loan amount||$2,000|
|Loan term||63-90 days|
|Turnaround time||Same day|
|Costs||20% of the amount borrowed + 4% of the amount borrowed per month.|
|Available to Centrelink Borrowers?||No|
Are you struggling financially?
If you're struggling financially and would like to speak to someone for free financial advice, information and assistance you can call the Financial Counsellors hotline on 1800 007 007 (open from 9:30am to 4pm, Monday to Friday). If you are suffering financial problems related to the coronavirus pandemic you may be eligible for additional support. Find out more here: https://www.finder.com.au/coronavirus-financial-help
⚠️ Warning about Borrowing
Do you really need a loan today?*
It can be expensive to borrow small amounts of money and borrowing may not solve your money problems.
Check your options before you borrow:
- For information about other options for managing bills and debts, ring 1800 007 007 from anywhere in Australia to talk to a free and independent financial counsellor
- Talk to your electricity, gas, phone or water provider to see if you can work out a payment plan
- If you are on government benefits, ask if you can receive an advance from Centrelink: Phone: 13 17 94
The Government's MoneySmart website shows you how small amount loans work and suggests other options that may help you.
* This statement is an Australian Government requirement under the National Consumer Credit Protection Act 2009.
How do PayExpress loans work?
PayExpress offers loans up to $2,000 depending on their financial situation. The entire application process is online, which includes uploading or emailing their ID and bank statements to PayExpress' loan agents.
Loan charges include an establishment fee that is 20% of the amount borrowed and a monthly fee that is 4% of the amount borrowed.
Customers will have between 63-90 days to repay what they borrow. Repayments are automatically direct debited from the bank account they are paid into.
Features of a loan from PayExpress
- Online application process. People can apply for a PayExpress loan online and the contracts can be signed electronically. They will be required to submit copies of identification and bank statements as part of the application, which they can upload online or fax to PayExpress.
- Turnaround to receive funds. Customers have the option to have funds deposited on the day their loan application is approved. Standard funding is also available, whereby money is sent to their account via EFT and usually takes a few days.
- Direct debit repayments. Repayments are made by direct debit in line with the borrower's pay cycle. If they anticipate a problem with making a repayment, PayExpress will adjust the due date as long as they have 48 hours notice. There is no charge for direct debit payments, though their financial institution may impose their own charge.
- Features for members. PayExpress members are assigned an account manager and receive personalised service, higher loan amounts that increase over time and increased flexibility on loan terms.
How much will the loan cost?
While applicants don’t pay interest on PayExpress loans, the following fees and charges apply:
- Establishment fees. They will be charged an establishment fee of 20% of the loan amount.
- Monthly fee. This amount is equal to 4% of the loan amount charged per month for the duration of the loan period.
- Payment default. If they fail to make a payment, they will be charged $20.
- Debt collection. If PayExpress has to engage an external debt collector, they will be charged $50.
Eligibility for a PayExpress loan
Applicants must fulfill the following criteria to apply for a PayExpress Short Term Cash Loan:
- Age. Must be 18 years or older.
- Employment. Must be employed. Their application will not be considered if they are self-employed or if their only source of income is from government benefits.
- Residence. They must be a permanent resident of Australia.
Ready to apply? Here's how
If they can meet the eligibility criteria outlined above, they can apply online. To complete the application, they will need the following information:
- Personal details such as name and address
- Employer's name and contact information
- Bank details including BSB and account numbers
- How much they earn and their next pay date
- Photo ID
- 90 day of banks statements. Applicants can upload bank statements securely using illion Open Data Solutions (bankstatements.com.au) during the application process.
Following a credit check, PayExpress will get in touch with customers within an hour of their application. If approved, they may receive a same-day deposit.