Financier Small Loans
Customers can borrow between $150 and $5,000 and receive a Financier Card
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Are you struggling financially?
If you're struggling financially and would like to speak to someone for free financial advice, information and assistance you can call the Financial Counsellors hotline on 1800 007 007 (open from 9:30am to 4pm, Monday to Friday). If you are suffering financial problems related to the coronavirus pandemic you may be eligible for additional support. Find out more here: https://www.finder.com.au/coronavirus-financial-help
⚠️ Warning about Borrowing
Do you really need a loan today?*
It can be expensive to borrow small amounts of money and borrowing may not solve your money problems.
Check your options before you borrow:
- For information about other options for managing bills and debts, ring 1800 007 007 from anywhere in Australia to talk to a free and independent financial counsellor
- Talk to your electricity, gas, phone or water provider to see if you can work out a payment plan
- If you are on government benefits, ask if you can receive an advance from Centrelink: Phone: 13 17 94
The Government's MoneySmart website shows you how small amount loans work and suggests other options that may help you.
* This statement is an Australian Government requirement under the National Consumer Credit Protection Act 2009.
Compare Other Payday Loans
While we don't compare this loan directly, here are some other loans that are similar.
Financing options with Financier
New customers can apply for a personal loan through Financier in the form of a line of credit, and as a repeat customer they can access this line of credit using a Financier Visa debit card.
- Line of credit. Through this line of credit customers can borrow between $150 and $5,000, although they can borrow no more than $450 through their initial application. When they repay their first loan completely, their credit limit increases and continues to increase on a step-up basis. Financier has in place certain loan numbers with preset maximum limits, and customers can qualify for one only after passing through the ones before it.
- Financier card. Applicants will qualify for a Financier debit card as soon as they repay their first loan completely, and through this card they can access their funds via EFTPOS terminals and ATMs across Australia. This card comes linked to a personal bank account that allows customers to transfer funds to it as and when they like, and it also gives them access to Financier approved funds immediately.
Features of a Financier loan
Turning to Financier to get a personal loan comes with a number of features, and here’s what applicants can expect.
- Low minimum amount. Financier gives customers the ability to borrow as little as $150, and by borrowing no more than they need, they can save in the form of interest as well as fees and charges. Applicants can borrow up to $5,000, provided they go through Financier’s tiered system.
- Borrow for $1. If someone's looking to borrow $200 for their initial loan, Financier will only charge them $1 to 'try' borrowing with them. Note that fees for transactions, including direct debits, credit card payments and admin fees apply. These can be reviewed below.
- Variable loan terms. Applicants can choose to pay a Financier loan back on their next payday, but if their budget does not permit this they can ask for a loan term of up to 2 years.
- Access to funds. While most short term loan providers transfer funds into each customer's nominated bank account, Financier gives them a debit card that they can use to access their funds. This, as mentioned, happens after someone repays the first loan completely.
- Personal loan manager. When someone works with Financier they get to deal with a personal loan manager and not a different person each time they need help. Each customer's personal loan manager remains their single point of contact and assists them through the entire course of the loan’s term.
How much does a Financier loan cost?
Financier claims to provide complete transparency when it comes to the fees and charges associated with its line of credit, and customers get to view a complete list of these as part of the loan contract. It is recommended that customers go through these ahead of time so they know what to expect down the line. Some of the fees and charges are as follows.
- Direct debit administration fee: $1.10 (charged once to set up direct debits)
- Direct debit transaction fee: $0.88 (charged for every direct debit)
- Credit card fee: Visa/MasterCard - 2.2% (min. $0.88) and AMEX/Diners - 4.4% (min. $0.88) (these apply only if payments come from credit card accounts)
- SMS payment reminder: $0.28 (for each SMS text sent to your phone 24 hours before the debit, but this service is optional)
- Direct debit dishonour fee: $9.90 (charged by third party and not by Financier)
Are Financier loans safe?
Financier is a member of the Credit Ombudsman Service Limited and National Credit Providers Association, and it ensures that its staff, representatives, agents, and brokers adhere to the highest code of ethics. As far as the fees and charges associated with its loan go, customers can expect to get a complete list of these before they sign the contract.
How to apply for a loan from Financier
To apply for a Financier loan, customers have to submit an online application. Before they apply, they ought to make sure that they meet the following eligibility criteria. Applicants must:
- Be over 18 years old
- Be a permanent resident of Australia
- Have regular employment in Australia and earn at least $500 per week
- Have an active bank account, operational for at least four months
- Not have two or more reversed or dishonoured payments showing on their bank statement
To complete the application applicants have to provide different kinds of information, so they should be prepared to part with the following:
- Personal details like their complete name and contact information
- Their employment status, income details, and employer’s contact details
- Details about all their existing debts like credit cards, loans, and overdrafts
Financier’s step-up line of credit can help people to get access to money in a hurry, but since this is not the only loan that does so, prospective applicants should make sure that they compare a few before applying.
Frequently asked questions
How long does it take to apply?
Customers can complete the online application in around five minutes, provided they have all the required information close at hand.
How long does Financier take to process the loan?
While applicants find out about the application’s status almost immediately, they can expect cash into your nominated account in 60 minutes. Repeat customers can expect the process to take around 30 minutes, and with a Financier debit card, successful applicants can get instant access to approved funds.
Can anyone get a Financier card?
People can get a Financier card only after they repay their first Financier loan in full.
Can I apply for a Financier loan if I don’t have a bank account?
No, you cannot, and your bank account needs to have been open and active for at least four months.
How can I contact a Financier staff member?
Anyone can get in touch with a Financier staff member over the phone or through their live online chat platform.
More guides on Finder
Nifty Small Loans
Nifty is an online lender offering small loans of between $300 and $2,000. Apply today.
BankVic Introductory 2 Year Variable Rate Home Loan
Read Finder's review of BankVic's Introductory 2 Year Variable Rate home loan. Compare rates and apply today.
Hunter United No Regrets Home Loan
Read our review of the Hunter United No Regrets Home Loan. This variable rate loan has a 100% offset account.
Safe Financial Small Loan
Safe Financial offers short term loans between $1,000 and $5,000 with repayment terms up to 52 weeks.
Finder Cryptocurrency Predictions Report
We asked 30 panellists for their cryptocurrency price predictions, the outlook for DeFi and how long they think high returns on yield farming might last.
Personal loans with risk-based rates
Find out which banks use risk-based pricing and compare loans with personalised rates.
Cash On Your Mobile Cash Loan
Get finance quickly and easily with a cash loan from Cash On Your Mobile.
Latitude Financial Services Secured Personal Loan
The Latitude Financial Service Secured Personal Loan is a flexible loan with a competitive fixed interest rate, flexible repayment options and the ability to make additional repayments. Application is simple and can be completed online – find out if you're eligible.
Quick and Easy Finance Small Loan
Quick and Easy Finance offers short-term loans for employed Australians. Find out if you’re eligible for a loan of up to $2,000.
Gold Coast Cash Loans
Discover your options for payday loans in the Gold Coast.
Ask an Expert