Financier Small Loans
Customers can borrow between $150 and $5,000 and receive a Financier Card
Financier provides individuals with personal lines of credit from $150 to $5,000, and it uses the latest in technology to give its customers access to approved funds on the same day. While prospective applicants have the option of repaying the borrowed money on their next payday, loan terms can extend up to 2 years.
Once someone repays their initial loan, they can get a Financier debit card, which gives them access to immediate cash the next time they need any. While there is a limit to how much customers can borrow the first time around, limits increase on a step-up basis all the way to $5,000.
Compare Other Payday Loans
Whilst we don't compare this loan directly, here are some other loans that are similar.
Financing options with Financier
New customers can apply for a personal loan through Financier in the form of a line of credit, and as a repeat customer they can access this line of credit using a Financier Visa debit card.
- Line of credit. Through this line of credit customers can borrow between $150 and $5,000, although they can borrow no more than $450 through their initial application. When they repay their first loan completely, their credit limit increases and continues to increase on a step-up basis. Financier has in place certain loan numbers with preset maximum limits, and customers can qualify for one only after passing through the ones before it.
- Financier card. Applicants will qualify for a Financier debit card as soon as they repay their first loan completely, and through this card they can access their funds via EFTPOS terminals and ATMs across Australia. This card comes linked to a personal bank account that allows customers to transfer funds to it as and when they like, and it also gives them access to Financier approved funds immediately.
Features of a Financier loan
Turning to Financier to get a personal loan comes with a number of features, and here’s what applicants can expect.
- Low minimum amount. Financier gives customers the ability to borrow as little as $150, and by borrowing no more than they need, they can save in the form of interest as well as fees and charges. Applicants can borrow up to $5,000, provided they go through Financier’s tiered system.
- Borrow for $1. If someone's looking to borrow $200 for their initial loan, Financier will only charge them $1 to 'try' borrowing with them. Note that fees for transactions, including direct debits, credit card payments and admin fees, apply. These can be reviewed below.
- Variable loan terms. Applicants can choose to pay a Financier loan back on their next payday, but if their budget does not permit this they can ask for a loan term of up to 2 years.
- Access to funds. While most short term loan providers transfer funds into each customer's nominated bank account, Financier gives them a debit card that they can use to access their funds. This, as mentioned, happens after someone repays the first loan completely.
- Personal loan manager. When someone works with Financier they get to deal with a personal loan manager and not a different person each time they need help. Each customer's personal loan manager remains their single point of contact and assists them through the entire course of the loan’s term.
How much does a Financier loan cost?
Financier claims to provide complete transparency when it comes to the fees and charges associated with its line of credit, and customers get to view a complete list of these as part of the loan contract. It is recommended that customers go through these ahead of time so they know just what to expect down the line. Some of the fees and charges are as follows.
- Direct debit administration fee: $1.10 (charged once to set up direct debits)
- Direct debit transaction fee: $0.88 (charged for every direct debit)
- Credit card fee: Visa/MasterCard - 2.2% (min. $0.88) and AMEX/Diners - 4.4% (min. $0.88) (these apply only if payments come from credit card accounts)
- SMS payment reminder: $0.28 (for each SMS text sent to your phone 24 hours before the debit, but this service is optional)
- Direct debit dishonour fee: $9.90 (charged by third party and not by Financier)
Are Financier loans safe?
Financier is a member of the Credit Ombudsman Service Limited and National Credit Providers Association, and it ensures that its staff, representatives, agents, and brokers adhere to the highest code of ethics. As far as the fees and charges associated with its loan go, customers can expect to get a complete list of these before they sign the contract.
How to apply for a loan from Financier
To apply for a Financier loan, customers have to submit an online application. Before they apply, they ought to make sure that they meet the following eligibility criteria. Applicants must:
- Be over 18 years old
- Be a permanent resident of Australia
- Have regular employment in Australia and earn at least $500 per week
- Have an active bank account, operational for at least four months
- Not have two or more reversed or dishonoured payments showing on their bank statement
To complete the application applicants have to provide different kinds of information, so they should be prepared to part with the following:
- Personal details like their complete name and contact information
- Their employment status, income details, and employer’s contact details
- Details about all their existing debts like credit cards, loans, and overdrafts
Financier’s step-up line of credit can help people to get access to money in a hurry, but since this is not the only loan that does so, prospective applicants should make sure that they compare a few before applying.
Frequently asked questions
How long does it take to apply?
Customers can complete the online application in around five minutes, provided they have all the required information close at hand.
How long does Financier take to process the loan?
While applicants find out about the application’s status almost immediately, they can expect cash into your nominated account in 60 minutes. Repeat customers can expect the process to take around 30 minutes, and with a Financier debit card, successful applicants can get instant access to approved funds.
Can anyone get a Financier card?
People can get a Financier card only after they repay their first Financier loan in full.
Can I apply for a Financier loan if I don’t have a bank account?
No, you cannot, and your bank account needs to have been open and active for at least four months.
How can I contact a Financier staff member?
Anyone can get in touch with a Financier staff member over the phone or through their live online chat platform.
Ask an Expert