Payday loans in Darwin can offer you a quick and easy short-term financing solution during financial emergencies.
Payday loan providers in Darwin can offer financial help to Australians in the Darwin area, and can be a option for individuals seeking alternative financing from that offered by traditional lenders. Such loans have a lenient lending criteria, minimal paperwork, and fast approval and payment times.
Unlike standard lenders and banks who focus on your credit history and who have long approval periods, short term loans can offer you fast financing if you have bad credit or are on a low incomer. However, it’s important to note that the rates are not competitive, and the repayment schedule isn’t flexible.
- Centrelink borrowers considered
- Fast approval service
- Borrow up to $2,000
100% confidential application
Sunshine Short Term Offer
This is a short term loan offer with a fast and easy online application for bad credit borrowers who are employed. You can apply today to get approved for up to $2,000
- Loan amount: $2,000
- Loan term: 9 weeks
- Turnaround time: 30 Minutes - conditions apply
- Fees: 20% of borrowed amount + 4% of borrowed amount each month
- Bad credit borrowers OK
- Quick and easy Approval
- No Credit Checks - Must be employed
Comparison of payday loans
Warning about Borrowing
It can be expensive to borrow small amounts of money and borrowing may not solve your money problems.
Check your options before you borrow:
- For information about other options for managing bills and debts, ring 1800 007 007 from anywhere in Australia to talk to a free and independent financial counsellor
- Talk to your electricity, gas, phone or water provider to see if you can work out a payment plan
- If you are on government benefits, ask if you can receive an advance from Centrelink: Phone: 13 17 94
The Government's MoneySmart website shows you how small amount loans work and suggests other options that may help you.
* This statement is an Australian Government requirement under the National Consumer Credit Protection Act 2009.
How do payday loans providers in Darwin work?
Payday Loans in Darwin offer a fast and convenient way to access quick cash. You can apply online for anything from $400 to $2,000 to help you out during emergencies, with online applications taking just a few minutes. You’ll find that in most cases all the costs are disclosed, and individuals with bad credit ratings stand a chance to be approved.
Businesses within the Darwin area also have access to cash loans, where they can fill in an online application within two minutes and get the financing they need in their bank account, generally within 1-2 business days.
How to compare short-term loan providers
- Products offered.
It’s important to note that all the products will be similar. Typically, instant cash products should offer you anywhere from $100 to $2000 to cater for whatever need you have. Interest rates can go up to 400%p.a. and higher.
- Eligibility requirements.
Most providers will let you borrow money, even if you have a bad credit history. Good lenders will only require essential information about your income, address and personal details and will not probe too much into your credit rating.
- Approval time.
With a payday loan, you want a lender with a fast application and approval process, allowing you to know how much you can borrow instantly. Online approval should be fast, and the money should be wired to your account within 24-48 hours of the application.
Be sure to enquire about the fees charged on different payday loans before settling on one. Some payday loans may have hidden account-keeping charges, application fees or exuberant late payment fees.
What areas in Darwin are payday loans providers available?
Whether you are looking for some quick cash to cater for an unexpected bill or emergency costs, you can find a payday loan provider in most locations in Darwin and its suburbs.
- Inner Darwin. This area includes suburbs such as Bayview, Cullen Bay, Darwin, Fannie Bay, Larrakeyah, Ludmilla, Parap, Stuart Park, The Gardens, Tipperary Waters and Woolner.
- Northern Suburbs. These include Alawa, Anula, Brinkin, Casuarina, Coconut Grove, Jingili, Karama, Leanyer, Lyons, Malak, Marrara, Millner, Moil, Nakara, Nightcliff, Rapid Creek, Tiwi, Wagaman, Wanguri, Woodleigh Gardens, and Wulagi. These areas are approximately 10-15 minutes from the CBD.
- Outer Darwin. The suburbs in outer Darwin include Acacia, Bees Creek, Berry Springs, Coolalinga, Girraween, Herbert, Howard Springs, Humpty Doo, Lake Bennett, McMinns Lagoon, Noonamah, Virginia, Wedell. Most of these suburbs are just about 40 minutes from the CBD.
- Palmerston. This area is made up of suburbs such as Bakewell, Berrimah, Driver, Durack, Farrar, Gray, Gunn, Marlow Lagoon, Moulden, Palmerston, Pinelands, Roseberry, Woodroffe, and Yarrawonga. The area is about 25 minutes from the CBD.
What are the benefits and drawbacks?
- Quick approval.
Payday loan providers understand that a person in need of instant cash cannot wait for days or even weeks for approval. A payday loan application takes minutes, and the borrower is informed of what they qualify for instantly.
- No paperwork required.
Payday loan applications are done online with no need for the borrower to fax or submit paperwork to the lender.
- Quick payments.
Payday loans are usually dispatched to your bank account within 24 to 48 hours of application.
- Late payment fees.
Payday loans usually charge high fees for late payments, which can be tricky especially due to the short term of less than 30 days on most instant cash loans. Interest charges on such loans are usually higher than on long-term loans.
- High costs.
While payday loans are convenient, this convenience comes at a much higher cost in comparison to standard personal loans.
- Short repayment period.
Your loan is due back on your next ‘payday’, which is usually in 30 days or less. This is also a lot shorter in comparison to standard loans in the market.
Questions to ask your payday lender
How does the application process work?
Before applying for your loan, ask the lender whether the application will be done entirely online and if there will be any paperwork required.
How much does the loan cost?
Loans under $2,000 will come with a 20% establishment fee and a 4% monthly fee. If you borrow more you will be charged a different set of fees and rates, but lenders can only charge less than what ASIC sets as the limit.
How long does approval take?
In most cases, this should be done that same day or during the next business day.
What information will I have to provide?
This differs between lenders but you will generally need two forms of ID, 90 days of your banking history and information regarding your assets, debts, employment and credit position.
Remember that it is important to compare a range of payday loans providers and apply for an instant cash loan that suits your needs today all from the comfort of your own Darwin home.