Are you struggling financially?
If you're struggling financially and would like to speak to someone for free financial advice, information and assistance you can call the Financial Counsellors hotline on 1800 007 007 (open from 9:30am to 4pm, Monday to Friday). If you are suffering financial problems related to the coronavirus pandemic you may be eligible for additional support. Find out more here: https://www.finder.com.au/coronavirus-financial-help
⚠️ Warning about Borrowing
Do you really need a loan today?*
It can be expensive to borrow small amounts of money and borrowing may not solve your money problems.
Check your options before you borrow:
- For information about other options for managing bills and debts, ring 1800 007 007 from anywhere in Australia to talk to a free and independent financial counsellor
- Talk to your electricity, gas, phone or water provider to see if you can work out a payment plan
- If you are on government benefits, ask if you can receive an advance from Centrelink: Phone: 13 17 94
The Government's MoneySmart website shows you how small amount loans work and suggests other options that may help you.
* This statement is an Australian Government requirement under the National Consumer Credit Protection Act 2009.
Main points to consider with Earned Wage Access from PayActiv
PayActiv acts as a financial wellness platform that gives you early access to money you've earned so you can avoid payday loans, credit cards and late fees. The app allows you to directly pay bills without needing to pay monthly bank account fees and provides free access to financial counselling to those who need it.
While accessing your earned money where and when you need it is great, keep in mind the money you access with PayActiv is deducted from your upcoming pay cycle. So if you've taken up to $500 from your last pay, you need to be prepared to cover the shortfall the following week. PayActiv's app helps you track, budget and manage your savings using AI and machine learning, but this isn't a silver bullet if you're in serious debt. If you need financial help, you can talk to a financial counsellor (free of charge) at the National Debt Helpline by calling 1800 007 007.
Features of Earned Wage Access from PayActiv
- Instant access. You can instantly access unpaid wages by transferring earned funds to any bank account, prepaid card or debit card. You can also load them on the optional PayActiv prepaid Visa card. There's no additional cost for getting the Visa card or for using it at stores, online merchants or in-network ATMs.
- Flexibility. With PayActiv, you will no longer have to worry about scheduling bill payments around fortnightly or monthly pay cycles since you can pay bills directly through the app when it suits you.
- Partnered with Uber. You can also book an Uber ride directly through the app, and the money for your trip will be taken from your next pay cycle. You don't need a credit card or an Uber account to be able to access this service.
- Partnered with Amazon. PayActiv is also connected to Amazon. Your funds can be directly transferred to Amazon cash, so you don't need an Amazon account or credit card to make purchases (and you can save on credit card fees!).
- Budgeting tools. The app's user-friendly budgeting and savings tools can help you plan and achieve your financial goals.
- Extra services. Even if you don't take advantage of early access to your unpaid wages, as a PayActiv user, you'll still get all the benefits of the services like one-on-one financial advice from trained counsellors.
What to weigh up: The pros and cons of Earned Wage Access from PayActiv
How much does it cost?
- Transaction fee. There are no transaction fees when using PayActiv.
- No interest. This is an interest-free service.
- Low $5 fee per fortnight. A $5 fee applies per fortnight only if you access your paycheque earlier during that fortnight
How do I apply?
To apply for Earned Wage Access from PayActiv, simply download the app to your phone, tablet or computer. All you need is:
- Your employee ID
- A mobile phone number
- Your company name
If your employer doesn't offer PayActiv, you'll need speak to your HR department or contact PayActiv's customer support.