PAX Australia is hosting a free mini-event at Fed Square this weekend
Get a taste of the PAX experience in advance of the full event later this year.
If you're still undecided on whether to attend PAX Australia this October, you might want to head into Melbourne this weekend. Starting Friday 1 September and carrying over to Saturday 2 September, the city's Federation Square will be playing host to a free mini-PAX event offering a taste of what's in store come 27 October.
This mini-PAX will feature game stations where you can get your hands on new-release titles, high-score tournaments broadcast on Fed Square's massive TV screen, cosplay competitions to watch or participate in and a live concert on Friday night with local Melbourne bands headlining the bill.
If you're more of a tabletop gamer than the video kind, there'll also be giant Jenga, Connect Four and other board games to sit down with. A variety of competitions will run throughout the event, too, with the chance of winning full three-day badges to PAX Australia. And if a taste of PAX leaves you hungry for more, tickets are still available through the PAX Australia website.
We'll be working the floor at PAX Australia this year, so if you're coming down, you might spot us bustling from one booth to another as we bring you all the news and announcements that the show has to offer.
The mini-PAX event kicks off on Friday 1 September, while PAX Australia begins in full on 27 October.
- 56 rising esports stars added to the roster for next week’s Gfinity Elite Series debut
- [UPDATE] Razer Blade 15 and Core X revealed: Australian pricing and release date
- Detroit: Become Human Review: No fate but what we manage to screw up in a QTE
- The PS5 will launch in 2020 hints Sony CEO John Kodera
- Perth will be the first to turn when the zombie apocalypse hits