Party in South America with flights from $1,119 return
Plus, add an extra checked bag for just $1 each way!
Get set to tango in Argentina because Air New Zealand has just dropped a sale to get you there for a smidgen over $1,000 return and the best news is that travel is open from August 2018 through to April 2019.
Options, we're big on options.
Flights depart from Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Adelaide and the Gold Coast, though your cheapest departure point is the Gold Coast starting from $1,119 return.
The next cheapest route from there is Melbourne to Buenos Aires from $1,132 then Adelaide to Buenos Aires, Argentina from $1,135 return.
Economy, premium economy and business class fares are all on sale and you have until 4 July to book at these low prices, unless seats sell out prior.
The place to get on them is direct with Air New Zealand here and if you feel as though you'll be dragging all those delicious Argentinian wines home then you can pop an extra checked bag onto your booking for just $1 each way. Bonus!
How good are these fares?
- Price: Great. While you can be lucky enough to score flights as low as $1,030 return during the best of times, these come close and are the best flights to Buenos Aires at the moment for travel time and price.
- Travel time: Great. Flights transit via Auckland but are generally well timed to keep transfer times low.
- Airline: Air New Zealand is a full-service carrier and checked luggage, meals and entertainment are all included. Planes can also include Economy Skycouch which is a row of three economy seats that can be converted into a couch for comfort.
- Weather: Great. Argentina is good to visit year-round though we recommend September and November (both of which are included in this sale) for warm, comfortable weather and generally clear skies.
Flights to Buenos Aires, Argentina on sale with Air New Zealand:
|From||To||Travel dates||Return fare||Book|
|Gold Coast||Buenos Aires||8 Aug - 14 Sep, 17 Oct - 14 Nov 2018, 16 Jan - 31 Mar 2019, Return: 13 Aug - 25 Nov 2018, 19 Jan - 28 Apr 2019||$1,119||Book your Argentina flight with Air New Zealand now|
|Melbourne||Buenos Aires||8 Aug - 14 Sep, 17 Oct - 14 Nov 2018, 16 Jan - 31 Mar 2019, Return: 13 Aug - 25 Nov 2018, 19 Jan - 28 Apr 2019||$1,132||Book your Argentina flight with Air New Zealand now|
|Adelaide||Buenos Aires||8 Aug - 14 Sep, 17 Oct - 14 Nov 2018, 16 Jan - 31 Mar 2019, Return: 13 Aug - 25 Nov 2018, 19 Jan - 28 Apr 2019||$1,135||Book your Argentina flight with Air New Zealand now|
|Sydney||Buenos Aires||$1,149||Book your Argentina flight with Air New Zealand now|
|Brisbane||Buenos Aires||$1,155||Book your Argentina flight with Air New Zealand now|
|Perth||Buenos Aires||$1,459||Book your Argentina flight with Air New Zealand now|
Stephanie is the travel editor at finder.com.au and has been writing travel and lifestyle content for publications in Australia and the UK for over a decade. She's spent a total of half a day in Argentina checking out the falls though wishes one day to return – you should not shortchange yourself like she did in the country!
PS – the falls are definitely better on the Argentinian side!
- Review: What to expect from the Madame Tussauds Sydney TikTok challenge
- $4 million in travel vouchers for South Australians: Are you eligible?
- 10 most popular travel destinations for Australians in 2021
- South Australia reopens border with NSW: What to know before you go
- Queensland reopens its borders to select NSW areas: Here’s what you need to know