Parts of Telstra’s 3G and 4G networks are suffering “intermittent” issues
The outage reportedly only affects customers on Telstra-based MVNOs.
[UPDATED: 3:00PM AEST]
According to a Telstra spokesperson, "there is no issue with Telstra's 3G and 4G network." Rather, today's outage was isolated to mobile virtual network operators (MVNOs) that use parts of Telstra's network. This aligns with tweets and complaints from users, which mostly referenced MVNOs like Think Mobile, Woolworths Mobile and ALDImobile.
Telstra also stated that the issue only affected a small portion of MVNO customers, with the majority of disrupted services already restored at the time of writing.
Initially reported by users on Aussieoutages and Twitter, coverage on the affected MVNO networks had been reduced to emergency calls only in numerous areas across Australia. Customers from Queensland to New South Wales to South Australia found themselves without reception not just for calls and texts, but for mobile data, too.
- EOFY sales: Last chance for up to $500 off Samsung and iPhones
- Mobile plans are now more expensive, but here’s a hack to save $200 a year
- Telstra’s EOFY sale: Up to $300 off brand new 5G phones
- Circles.Life’s new Samsung Galaxy S21 phone plans: How do they compare?
- Click Frenzy™ Mayhem 2021: Our favourite phone and mobile deals