Cheap flights to Paris for 2020
Flight deals to Paris that will keep money in your pocket so you can spend more on your holiday.
Paris is a chic city, known for its amazing shopping spots, iconic city sights, breathtaking architecture and a culture unlike any other. With so much to see and do, Paris is the perfect European getaway,
To get you there we've got the best flight deals and need-to-know information to get your trip started.
See our latest flight deals to Paris
What you can expect to pay for cheap flights to Paris
Here's what's considered to be a good deal compared to the average cost of a flight from Australia to Paris.
Flights to Paris from Sydney
Flights to Paris from Melbourne
Flights to Paris from Brisbane
Flights to Paris from Perth
Paris flight time
- From Sydney: Approximately 23 hrs 30 mins + with a stopover, landing at Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport
- From Melbourne: Approximately 21 hrs 10 mins+ with a stopover, landing at Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport
- From Brisbane: Approximately 22 hrs 40 mins + with two stopovers, landing at Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport
- From Perth: Approximately 21 hrs 15 mins + with one or two stopovers, landing at Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport
Airlines that fly to Paris
- Singapore Airlines
- Thai Airways
- Virgin Australia
Paris insider tips
- Charles de Gaulle Airport (CDG) is 26 km northeast of the city and serves as the main international airport in Paris, but you can also fly into Orly Airport (ORY) and Paris Beauvais (BVA).
- Asian carriers such as China Air, China Eastern, China Southern and Vietnam Airlines regularly have the cheapest flight deals to Paris. The catch is a long layover in Asia, although you could take advantage of this for a quick stopover. You'll find more favourable layover times, and a resulting shorter total journey, with airlines like Qatar, Singapore Airlines and Qantas.
- Use more than one online flight search engine to expand your search for flight deals to Paris, since there is not one that shows all possible flight options. You can also sign up to alerts when the route price changes.
- Most airlines can fly you into one airport and out of another and this is common for a trip to Europe. Flight-booking websites have multi-city search capability so you can figure out the options. Taking one leg to/from Amsterdam could even be cheaper than a return flight to Paris, whereas flying into or out of London will normally cost a bit more.
- Paris is understandably very strict on security at present, so allow yourself extra time at the airport – the same applies for sightseeing around major attractions.
How to get around Paris from the airport
The cheapest and most reliable transport method from Charles de Gaulle is the RER train line. Take the CDGVal light-rail to the train station, which takes around 45 minutes or the Roissybus, which runs to the Paris Opera area non-stop and takes up to 90 minutes. Air France provides shuttle buses to nearby metro stations, Montparnasse and Gare de Lyon.
The Orlybus departs from Paris Orly and goes to the metro station in Montparnasse. Air France runs shuttles to Les Invalides and Montparnasse. The cheapest option is to take take the Orlyval monorail or a shuttle bus to the RER train station, and the train to Paris then takes 35 minutes.
Paris Beauvais is a lesser known airport located 85 km north of Paris, and budget airline Ryanair uses it for for flights coming in and out. Shuttles to the city are available and take about 75 minutes.
Alternatively you can reserve private shuttle services in advance or take a taxi from outside any of the three airports. Just note that taxis in Paris are not cheap. Car hire desks are open at both Charles de Gaulle and Orly Airport. You can also pre-book online to avoid disappointment, particularly during peak periods. Companies available to book are: Avis, Budget, Enterprise Rent-A-Car, Europcar, Firefly, Hertz, Sixt, Interrent, Alamo, Advantage, Dollar, National, Thrifty and TT Car Transit.
Ask an Expert