Pallet removal quotes
Free up your warehouse space with a professional waste pallet collection.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Do you have lots of pallets taking up valuable storage in your warehouse? Consider contacting a waste pallet collector who can help remove your unwanted pallets for free or a low cost.
What's in this guide?
- What is a pallet removal service?
- When should I use a pallet removal company?
- How do I compare pallet removal services?
- Compare pallet removal services
- How much does waste pallet removal cost?
- What pallet removal services are available?
- How should I prepare my pallets for removal?
- Do I need to be there when my pallets are being picked up for removal?
- What does a pallet removal include and not include?
- Pros and cons of waste pallet removal
- Bottom line
- Frequently asked questions
What is a pallet removal service?
If you have a business in logistics, transport or construction, you probably use pallets everyday. Pallets are predominantly made of timber or plastic, and used to stack, store and transport materials.
There are many providers that specialise in pallet management, including the removal of your pallets in a cost-effective and environmentally friendly way.
When should I use a pallet removal company?
You should consider using a pallet removal service if you want to:
- Remove damaged and deteriorating pallets, which can then be recycled.
- Free up valuable storage space.
- Dispose of pallets in an environmentally friendly way.
- Save costs hiring skip bins.
How do I compare pallet removal services?
Depending on the size of the job and your preference on how you would like the pallets to be disposed, you can contact a company specialising in pallet management or a general tradesperson or removalist.
A pallet supplier will remove and recycle your pallets into wood chips for garden mulch, playground landing or animal bedding. You can also buy new pallets if you are looking for an upgrade.
A general tradesman or removalist will be able to remove the pallet for you, but may not dispose of them in an environmentally friendly way.
Some key considerations include:
- Number of pallets. Some companies may require a minimum quantity for a free service.
- Pallet materials. Timber pallets are most commonly used, followed by plastic. Different removal and disposal processes apply to each.
- How your pallets are stored. Pallet suppliers have different requirements on how your pallets are to be stacked and stored for removal. If you're not able to meet these requirements, then they may charge you extra or turn down your job.
Compare pallet removal services
Does your company belong in this list?
How much does waste pallet removal cost?
Pallet removal can be performed for free or for a relatively low cost. The size, quantity and materials of the pallets will affect the pricing of this service. To give you an indication, here are some of the service providers in Australia and their charges:
- Palleco. Free removal for standard pallet sizes, with minimum quantity depending on location within Sydney, Brisbane or Melbourne. They also have paid removals for non-standard pallet sizes.
- DirectPallet. $3.50+GST per pallet for 100+ quantity. Small quantities are also acceptable but priced differently.
- AbbeyPallets. Free removal for 50+ pallets that are undamaged. Charges may apply for damaged pallets or smaller quantities.
What pallet removal services are available?
For businesses with large volumes of pallets to dispose, pallet companies offer a low cost alternative to hiring and filling your own skip bins.
For individuals or businesses with only a few pallets to dispose, it's important to search around for the best quote. As well as contacting pallet companies, you can also contact general tradesmen or removalists to compare the level of service and cost.
If you are interested in replacing old and damaged pallets with new ones, you can leverage a pallet company to manage your pallet inventory, which includes recycling, repairing and replenishing pallets.
How should I prepare my pallets for removal?
If you are organising for your pallets to be picked up by a pallet removal company, make sure you check with them for detailed instructions. As a general rule of thumb, pallet companies will require you to:
- Stack your pallets safely, usually in stacks of 15.
- Stack pallets of the same size together.
- Remove all loose pieces of timber or plastic.
- Remove anything that's attached to the pallets, such as straps, cardboard pieces, heavy steel bolts and rubbish.
Do I need to be there when my pallets are being picked up for removal?
Whether you need to be there when your pallets are being picked up depends largely on the quantity of pallets, where the pallets are stored and the type of service being offered.
It is strongly recommended that you or someone else be there on the day to guide the removalists.
If you have more than a few pallets to remove, pallet suppliers will generally require you to have a forklift on-site. You or someone else will need to operate the forklift to load the pallets into the truck.
If you only have a few pallets to remove, it is possible to to lift manually with the assistance of pallet jacks. Make sure you notify the removalist the equipment you have and type of access to your warehouse.
What does a pallet removal include and not include?
The type of service offered largely depends on whether you choose to have your pallets removed by a pallet supplier or a contractor/hired hand.
- Collecting and transporting your pallets to the supplier's warehouse or a tip.
- Contractors/hired hands may assist with the lifting and loading of pallets.
- Removing pallets that have loose timber, cardboard, steel, plastic or other rubbish attached to them.
- Removing pallets that are not stacked properly.
- Pallet suppliers are generally not involved in lifting the pallets manually.
Pros and cons of waste pallet removal
- Cost-effective alternative to using skip bins, which can be expensive to hire and quick to fill up.
- Environmentally friendly as pallets are recycled or repaid, rather than ending up in landfill.
- Can be difficult to find a pallet supplier who will remove just a few pallets.
You don't have to hire a skip bin and dump unwanted pallets in landfill. Pallets are useful assets that can be upcycled, recycled and even sold. Pallet suppliers are your best contact if you are looking for low cost, environmentally friendly pallet removal.
Frequently asked questions
My pallets are in perfectly good condition. Can I sell them instead?
Yes, there are a number of ways you can sell your pallets if they are in good working condition. Many pallet suppliers are willing to buy your pallets if the condition meets their requirement. You can also try selling your pallets to carpenters who may be able to upcycle your pallets into furniture.
Can I get my damaged pallets fixed instead of throwing them away?
Yes, it is possible to have your pallets repaired, depending on the severity of the damage. Most pallet suppliers offer ongoing management to businesses to repair and replace old pallets with new ones.
Can I leave pallets on the kerbside?
Check with your local council for rules on kerbside rubbish collection. Pallets are generally not accepted by council as green waste and kerbside rubbish, given a pallet's size and timber material, which may be a fire hazard.
More guides on Finder
Treadmill removal services
Here’s how you can ensure your treadmill is moved safely and at a convenient time.
Spa removal services
Free yourself from the hassle of disposing of your spa with the help of a professional.
How to start a rubbish removal business
From your business structure to pricing, here's what you need to know about starting a rubbish removal business.
Sofa removal quotes
Your options for finding a professional to move your sofa and save your Saturday.
Cardboard removal quotes
Find out more about cardboard removal and how to find the best service for you.
Couch removal quotes
How to find and hire professionals to throw out an unwanted couch.
Fitness equipment removal quotes
A guide to fitness equipment removal services, including cost and how to find one for you.
Fragile item removal quotes
Find out what a fragile item removal service can do to help you move your items.
Office relocation services
Save time and effort on your office relocation with the help of a professional.
Sydney to Melbourne removal quotes
How to find skilled removalists for an interstate move.
Ask an Expert