OVO offers half-price introductory deal
The V8-obsessed telco is cutting its prices in half for three months for any new customer.
The battle for the lowest possible prices in the prepaid telco space continues, with OVO the latest to offer a cut price deal. Specifically, it’s cutting 50 percent off the asking price of its OVO for Mobile or OVO for Tablet deals, bringing the asking price for those months down to $14.95 for 1.5GB, $24.95 for 6GB and $34.95 for 9GB.
OVO’s fully prepaid, so in theory you could sign up for three months and then switch providers if it suited you; for more on mobile number portability you can read our guide here.
OVO operates on the Optus 4G/3G network. OVO’s big claim to fame is that it’s the official partner of the V8 Supercars circuit, which means that OVO customers enjoy access to specific V8 coverage gratis as part of their plans. OVO is technically prepaid, but by default automatically recharges at the end of each billing cycle via VISA or Mastercard only.
Here is the full rundown of OVO’s current plan offerings:
You're certainly not wanting for competition in the low-cost prepaid space at the moment, with Kogan Mobile, Lebara Mobile and TPG all offering very affordable prepaid options, albeit for short subscription durations.
- Catch.com.au is launching its own prepaid mobile service
- You can now bundle Norton security products with your Vodafone mobile bill
- Optus is giving all Australians 30 days free access to the National Geographic mobile app
- Get a hefty 18GB of mobile data for just $32 a month with Virgin Mobile
- Go big with 18GB of mobile data for just $20 with Vodafone