Overwatch is getting a new map set in outback Australia
Junkertown will be a brand new escort map styled after Junkrat and Roadhog.
Ahead of its Gamescom showing later this week, Blizzard dropped some exciting news for Aussie Overwatch players this morning: a new map is coming to the team-based shooter, and it's set right here Down Under.
Titled Junkertown, this new map will be playable for Gamescom attendees, with live streams scheduled for later this week.
While Blizzard didn't show off the map in action, it served up something just as good: one of its trademark Overwatch videos starring Aussie heroes Junkrat and Roadhog. The hilarious video details Junkrat's plans to steal the Queen's riches from inside Junkertown, with Roadhog watching on in stoic silence. Junkrat is a corker, laying out his, quite frankly, idiotic plan with the explosive enthusiasm of a sugared-up child. It's classic Blizzard humour and well worth watching for yourself.
As announced last week, Blizzard also plans on unveiling a new animated Overwatch short during its full Gamescom presentation early Thursday morning AEST.
Stay tuned for more news and announcements from Gamescom 2017 as we'll be covering the show all week.
- Humble Classics Return Bundle: Where the best deals are
- Old Aussie rivalries live on in upcoming esports league
- Xbox One owners can save big on Titanfall 2, Battlefield 1, Star Wars Battlefront II and more right now
- March’s Games With Gold line-up is super hot
- Secret of Mana Review (PS4): What the hell did you do Square Enix?