Overwatch is getting a new map set in outback Australia
Junkertown will be a brand new escort map styled after Junkrat and Roadhog.
Ahead of its Gamescom showing later this week, Blizzard dropped some exciting news for Aussie Overwatch players this morning: a new map is coming to the team-based shooter, and it's set right here Down Under.
Titled Junkertown, this new map will be playable for Gamescom attendees, with live streams scheduled for later this week.
While Blizzard didn't show off the map in action, it served up something just as good: one of its trademark Overwatch videos starring Aussie heroes Junkrat and Roadhog. The hilarious video details Junkrat's plans to steal the Queen's riches from inside Junkertown, with Roadhog watching on in stoic silence. Junkrat is a corker, laying out his, quite frankly, idiotic plan with the explosive enthusiasm of a sugared-up child. It's classic Blizzard humour and well worth watching for yourself.
As announced last week, Blizzard also plans on unveiling a new animated Overwatch short during its full Gamescom presentation early Thursday morning AEST.
Stay tuned for more news and announcements from Gamescom 2017 as we'll be covering the show all week.
- Hyrule Warriors: Definitive Edition review: Polished to a Mirror Shield shine
- 56 rising esports stars added to the roster for next week’s Gfinity Elite Series debut
- [UPDATE] Razer Blade 15 and Core X revealed: Australian pricing and release date
- Detroit: Become Human Review: No fate but what we manage to screw up in a QTE
- The PS5 will launch in 2020 hints Sony CEO John Kodera