Overwatch is getting spooky with Halloween Terror event
Tricks and treats are on their way to Blizzard's critically acclaimed FPS.
October might just have started, but Blizzard is already getting in the Halloween mood with its popular class-based shooter Overwatch.
Teased in a tweet this morning, Blizzard will be running the Overwatch Halloween Terror 2017 event next week, and it looks like it'll bring with it some new skins for Reaper and McCree at the very least, though it's likely all characters will be getting some suitably spooky skins to celebrate the scariest time of the year.
The nights grow cold
And monsters appear
A great evil gathers
And Halloween draws near... pic.twitter.com/98CXWqQ0gc
— Overwatch (@PlayOverwatch) October 3, 2017
The tweet and its associated teaser video don't reveal a whole lot more than that, but Blizzard usually goes all-in with its seasonal events, so it's safe to expect a whole bunch of new goodies to drop when Overwatch Halloween Terror 2017 kicks off on 10 October.
In other Blizzard news, the studio is working on an MMO RTS for mobiles.
- Free next week? Magic: The Gathering Arena’s Open Beta is
- Red Dead Redemption II has GOTY branded on its butt already
- Ubisoft reveals HashCraft, a secret new blockchain game
- Assassin’s Creed Odyssey (2018) hands-on: My big fat Greek beheading
- Shadow of the Tomb Raider review: Hand-Crofted with love and care