Overwatch goes beachy with its new Summer Games skins
Show your Aussie spirit with some of the best skins the team-based shooter has seen.
As announced last week, the Overwatch Summer Games 2017 kicks off today for another three weeks of beach-themed madness. While we already knew Lucioball would be making its return along with a brand-new map set right here in Sydney, Australia, today we get our first good look at the new skins Blizzard has designed for the event – and they're damn fine.
From McCree in a lifeguard uniform and Tracer in a track-and-field outfit to Junkrat in Aussie cricket gear and Soldier: 76 preparing to throw a snag on the barbie, the skins are absolutely top-notch.
Along with the new skins, a range of fresh voice lines, emotes and victory poses will also be cropping up in loot boxes during this year's Overwatch Summer Games. In total, there are over 150 cosmetic items to collect, including skins from last year's Summer Games.
Given Australia's win in the recent Overwatch World Cup group stage event, I've got to give the gold to Junkrat's cricket skin. What about you?
- 56 rising esports stars added to the roster for next week’s Gfinity Elite Series debut
- [UPDATE] Razer Blade 15 and Core X revealed: Australian pricing and release date
- Detroit: Become Human Review: No fate but what we manage to screw up in a QTE
- The PS5 will launch in 2020 hints Sony CEO John Kodera
- Perth will be the first to turn when the zombie apocalypse hits