Want to save on cover from OverSixty Travel Insurance? Use discount codes, coupons and promotional codes and cut your travel costs
Regardless of whether you’re travelling to Perth or Peru, travel insurance is an essential expense for every holiday. It provides financial protection against a huge range of travel risks, including stolen luggage, lost passports, cancellation fees, personal liability and overseas emergency medical expenses.
OverSixty Travel Insurance offers cover designed specifically to suit the needs of mature travellers. It also offers a range of policies to suit the needs and budgets of a variety of travellers, including cover for trips within Australia and internationally, as well as annual multi-trip cover.
Show code & visit sitefi****
Show code & visit siteYO****
Show code & visit siteCO****
What policies are available from OverSixty Travel Insurance?
This policy provides the highest level of cover available from OverSixty. There are no age limits on who can apply for a policy, and unlimited cover is included for both cancellation fees and lost deposits and for overseas emergency medical and hospital expenses. Personal liability cover is included to the tune of $2.5 million, while there’s also substantial cover for additional expenses if you or your travelling companion suffer a medical emergency. Other benefits include cover for your personal effects, travel documents, luggage delay and rental vehicle excess.
The Essentials Plan from OverSixty Travel Insurance offers cover for a range of travel risks and is offered at a more affordable price point than the Comprehensive plan. Available to applicants aged 59 or younger, the policy includes unlimited cover for overseas emergency medical and hospital expenses, $2.5 million of personal liability cover, and h $10,000 of cover for cancellation fees and non-refundable deposits when circumstances beyond your control lead to the cancellation or curtailment of your trip. Cover is also included for your luggage and personal effects, travel delay expenses and additional expenses.
The Domestic plan is available to travellers of all ages who are planning a trip within Australia. No cover is provided for medical expenses – Medicare and private health insurance can look after those costs – but unlimited cover for cancellation fees and lost deposits is included. Travel and luggage delay expenses are both covered as are loss, theft and damage of your luggage and personal belongings. Other benefits include cover for personal liability, theft, rental vehicle excess and additional expenses.
This policy offers the same benefits as the Comprehensive plan, but instead of covering a single trip, it covers all your international journeys across a 12-month period. If you travel overseas regularly, this is a much more affordable option than taking out a separate policy for each trip. The Multi-Trip plan is offered to travellers who are under 74 years of age. Accompanying spouses and dependants who fit into the same age bracket are also covered under the policy.
The Non-Medical plan from OverSixty Travel Insurance is available to travellers of all ages who have a pre-existing medical condition that is not covered by the insurer. For example, this includes applicants who require oxygen for the journey or who have previously undergone an organ transplant. As the name suggests, the policy doesn’t include any cover for medical and hospital expenses, but it does include unlimited cover for cancellation fees and lost deposits and offers lump-sum benefits for accidental death and permanent disability. It also covers personal liability, travel delay expenses, luggage and personal belongings, luggage delay, and lost or stolen travel documents.
Pros and cons of OverSixty Travel Insurance
- Underwritten by Allianz. OverSixty Travel Insurance is underwritten by Allianz Australia Insurance Ltd, an insurer with a trusted reputation in Australia and around the world.
- Range of policies on offer. OverSixty Travel Insurance offers a wide range of policies to suit the needs of many different travellers.
- Allianz Global Assistance. Policyholders can access emergency assistance 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, from anywhere in the world.
- Cover for older applicants. Unlike some insurers, OverSixty Travel Insurance offers a range of policies to suit those aged 60 or older.
- Age restrictions. The Essentials Plan is only available to travellers up to 59 years of age.
How do I apply for an OverSixty Travel Insurance policy?
- Compare policy options. Start by comparing policies from a range of insurers at finder.com.au. Consider your budget and what sort of cover you need when comparing policies, and make sure to compare apples with apples in order to make an informed decision.
- Get a quote online. It’s simple and fast to get an insurance quote online, so get a quote from OverSixty Travel Insurance and see whether it offers value for money when compared to other providers. You’ll need to enter your age, your travel dates and destination, and whether you want any additional cover options.
- Read the product disclosure statement (PDS) to find out exactly what’s covered. Check out the list of benefits, benefit limits and any exclusions so that you know when you will and won’t be covered.
- Check out any additional options available. The PDS also contains a list of additional options available with your OverSixty Travel Insurance policy. As well as choosing a higher standard excess to reduce your premiums, you can add a Snow Pack, Golf Pack or Cruise Pack to your policy for an additional premium.
- Review and purchase. The final step is to check over the policy you are purchasing and make sure it’s right for your needs and your budget.
How do I make a claim with OverSixty Travel Insurance?
If you need to make a claim on your OverSixty Travel Insurance policy, the first thing you have to do is notify the insurer. You can do this by filling out a claim form, which is downloadable from travelclaims.com.au, or by phoning the insurer using the number listed in the PDS.
The insurer will then notify you of any documentation and supporting evidence required to process your claim. Depending on the nature of your claim, this may include police reports, medical reports, receipts and proof of ownership. Provide the required documentation as soon as possible to ensure your claim is processed quickly.
OverSixty Travel Insurance FAQ
Q. How long before my trip can I purchase cover from OverSixty Travel Insurance?
- A. You can buy a policy up to 12 months before your scheduled departure date.
Q. I’m overseas already and forgot to purchase cover before I left. Can I buy a policy from OverSixty Travel Insurance?
- A. No. OverSixty Travel Insurance policies can only be purchased in Australia before you begin your trip.
Q. What do I do if I have a pre-existing medical condition?
- A. You will be able to notify the insurer of this when you fill out the online application. You will then be guided through the process to find out whether or not your condition can be covered.
Q. I’m away for 60 days. Will I need to wait until I return to Australia to make a claim?
- A. No. You can make a claim while you are still on your trip.
Q. How much excess will I have to pay when I make a claim?
- A. The standard excess amount is detailed on your policy document.
Q. Can I increase my excess so that I get lower premiums?
- A. Yes. This option is available on some OverSixty Travel Insurance policies.
Q. Who is OverSixty Travel Insurance underwritten by?
- A. All of the different travel insurance plans available from OverSixty Travel Insurance are underwritten by Allianz Australia Insurance Ltd. The fourth largest general insurer in Australia, Allianz Australia Insurance has more than three million customers. It’s a subsidiary of Allianz Australia Ltd, which employs around 3,800 staff and had a combined premium income of more than $4 billion in 2014.
Emergency assistance under the policy is provided by Allianz Global Assistance. The Allianz assistance team offers help 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, anywhere in the world, helping policyholders get the medical attention they need and stay in touch with loved ones back home.
Q. How can I get a quote for cover?
- A. You can get a quote via the OverSixty Travel Insurance website.
Q. Can I cancel my OverSixty Travel Insurance policy if I’m not happy with it?
- A. Once you’ve purchased your policy and received a certificate of insurance, you have 14 days to cancel it and receive a full refund of any premiums you've paid. You can still cancel your policy after the cooling-off period ends, but your premiums will not be refunded.