Our picks of the best Boxing Day travel deals online 2018
One of the biggest sale dates on the calendar has finally arrived.
Boxing Day is here and if you know anything about anything, it's a day when massive sales land both online and offline.
For travellers, it's a day where you can tuck into some heavily discounted flights, stays, cruises, experiences and tours. Check out our full list if you don't believe us.
With over 100 deals to pick and choose from, the world's your oyster. But if you don't want to find yourself scrolling through that list, here's our short and sweet version of the travel deals you really need to pay attention to. And book – pronto.
1. Flights: Europe flights from $638.
Flight Centre is going all-out this year, offering flights as far as Europe for as low as $638 return on budget airline Scoot or from $884 return on a full-service 4-star airline like China Southern.
- Why we rate this sale: These are some of the cheapest fares we've seen to Europe lately, even on Scoot which tends to keep its Athens flights closer to $660 return. Some fares even include early June dates though most skirt around the peak summer holiday period.
- Where can I book? Head to Flight Centre to save big.
- When do I need to book by? ASAP.
2. Flights: Jetstar flights from $37 each way
Wherever on Jetstar's network you've been dying to visit, there's bound to be a sale flight in it for you today. Fares start from $37 on domestic legs and from $109 on international ones. These are one-way prices with returns costing double. Travel is available between April and September making for the ideal winter escape.
- Why we rate this sale: These fares are near rock-bottom with your standard Jetstar sale hitting $29 each way at best. However, those prices are often part of limited flash sales and on much more limited routes than this.
- Where can I book? Visit Skyscanner to book online.
- When do I need to book by? Get in by midnight 27 November 2018.
3. Flights: New Zealand flights from $189
Been waiting for that New Zealand sale to crop up? Air New Zealand has some of the best-priced fares to the land of the white cloud on a full-service airline at the moment. It's a short and sweet 48-hour sale with flights starting at $189 each way. Hop to it.
- Why we rate this sale: In the battle for cheapest fares, Air New Zealand wins beating out both Virgin Australia AND Qantas for flights to New Zealand by $30+ today.
- Where can I book? Book your seat with Air New Zealand.
- When do I need to book by? This sale ends midnight 27 December.
4. Tours: Up to 25% off G Adventures tours
G Adventures never misses out on a chance to join in a good sale and Boxing Day is no exception. The small tour group specialist has tours around the world at up to 25% in honour of the sale. Explore today.
- Why we rate this sale: There are 36 deals in total to destinations near and far. It's like being a kid in a candy shop.
- Where can I book? Make that trip happen with G Adventures.
- When do I need to book by? This sale ends midnight 26 November 2018.
5. Tours: Extra $150 off tours with Contiki
Spend that leave, wanderlusters and you could be saving the big bucks with Contiki. Its Boxing Day sale reads a little like this: book a tour of 10+ days and get $150 off. The beauty of this deal is that you can stack it on top of already discounted tours. Woohoo!
- Why we rate this sale: If you were already thinking about committing to a 10+ day tour with Contiki, it's a bonus $150 back in your pocket. Who could say no to that?
- Where can I book? Head to Contiki to explore and tour.
- When do I need to book by? You've got until 6 January 2019 to pick and book your trip.
6. Experiences: Up to 50% off RedBalloon
Forgot that Christmas present? Looking to fill your summer break with unforgettable activities? RedBalloon has the answer – and for cheap. The experience specialists have taken up to 50% off select activities around the nation.
- Why we rate this sale: Half-price off experiences. Repeat. Half-price off experiences. We couldn't ask for anything better.
- Where can I book? Get excited, your next adventure awaits with RedBalloon.
- When do I need to book by? Get in by midnight 2 January 2019.
7. Cruises: Cruise with P&O from $249 per person
P&O Cruises has handpicked 13 of its favourite cruises and given them the right ol' chop (in price, that is) so you can experience the best for less. Cruises sail around Australia and to the South Pacific islands starting at $249 per person, based on four people sharing a cabin.
- Why we rate this sale: Featuring cruises as short as 3 or as long as 14 days you can make anything from a cheeky weekend to a 2-week getaway from this.
- Where can I book? Set sail with P&O Cruises.
- When do I need to book by? 11.59pm on Saturday 24 November 2019.
- 10 Best Boxing Day 2021 travel deals
- Annual leave hacks: Turn 20 days of leave into 50+ days off work in 2022
- New international travel rules: Quarantine, proof of vax, visas and more explained
- 70% of Australians “too scared to travel”, but are they wrong?
- 5 early Black Friday travel deals: Bag a bargain right now