Now you can have a platinum card that comes with an introductory 0% p.a. rate offer on purchases and balance transfers.
The Orange Credit Union Platinum Mastercard is no longer available for new applications. However, we've kept the information online for the benefit of existing customers and for those who are interested.
You can compare the current range of platinum credit cards here.
The Orange Credit Union Platinum Mastercard charges 0% p.a. for the first 14 months, on balance transfers as well as purchases. Cardholders receive a number of complimentary insurance covers they can turn to in different situations, and can access a round-the-clock platinum concierge service. This card is linked with a rewards program, so you can earn rewards as per your spending.
Orange Credit Union Platinum Mastercard review
The 14 months introductory interest rate offer requires your attention, not only because it allows you to save by transferring balances from other cards, but also because you don’t pay interest on purchases for the first 14 months. Its complimentary purchase and travel insurance covers can also provide relief in various circumstances. Cardholders can also save by paying a discounted annual fee for life, and for this you have to apply before a certain date.
Benefits of the Orange Credit Union Platinum Mastercard
- Introductory rate. This Platinum Mastercard charges 0% p.a. interest on balance transfers and purchases for the first months, and this can lead to noticeable savings within this relatively short period.
- Rewards. Every dollar you spend on eligible purchases using this card earns reward points, and your reward points accumulate in your Card Services Rewards Program account. You can use your points to book flight tickets, redeem travel and store vouchers, use them as cashback, and you can even transfer them to your frequent flyer program account.
- Concierge service. A 24/7 global platinum concierge service provides assistance in various ways such as booking flight tickets, making hotel reservations, reserving tables at restaurants, organising gifts, booking tickets for events, and even translating documents.
- Complimentary insurance covers. Use this card to book travel tickets and receive complimentary insurance covers like interstate flight inconvenience insurance, international travel insurance, and transit accident insurance. Purchases receive protection through guaranteed pricing scheme and purchase cover insurance.
Orange Credit Union Platinum Mastercard features
- Annual fee. By applying before a given date you get the opportunity to keep paying a discounted annual fee of $99 for the life of the card. This offer is not available to existing customers.
- Introductory rate. The interest rate that this card charges for the first months can lead to savings in two ways; via balance transfers and through purchases you make during this period.
- Rewards. Platinum cardholders can earn up to reward points in every 12-month cycle, and these points don’t expire as long as the account remains in good standing.
- Interest-free days. If you pay the account’s closing balance in full each month you can receive up to 55 interest-free days on purchases.
- Additional cards. You can nominate up to 4 additional cardholders, provided they’re at least 16 years old.
- PayPass. If you see the PayPass symbol at any merchant, you can use this card to make contactless payments of less than $100.
- Card security. Fraudshield detects and notifies you of any unusual activity on your account. SecureCode provides additional security in the online world