Now you can have a platinum card that comes with an introductory 0% p.a. rate offer on purchases and balance transfers.
The Orange Credit Union Platinum MasterCard is no longer available for new applications as this credit card is no longer available to new customers. The credit card cannot be applied for, however, the information on this page has been kept for the benefit of existing customers and for those who are interested.
If you would like to compare other options for platinum credit cards, click here.
The Orange Credit Union Platinum MasterCard charges 0% p.a. for the first 14 months, on balance transfers as well as purchases. Cardholders receive a number of complimentary insurance covers they can turn to in different situations, and can access a round-the-clock platinum concierge service. This card is linked with a rewards program, so you can earn rewards as per your spending.
Orange Credit Union Platinum MasterCard review
The 14 months introductory interest rate offer requires your attention, not only because it allows you to save by transferring balances from other cards, but also because you don’t pay interest on purchases for the first 14 months. Its complimentary purchase and travel insurance covers can also provide relief in various circumstances. Cardholders can also save by paying a discounted annual fee for life, and for this you have to apply before a certain date.
Benefits of the Orange Credit Union Platinum MasterCard
- Introductory rate. This Platinum MasterCard charges 0% p.a. interest on balance transfers and purchases for the first months, and this can lead to noticeable savings within this relatively short period.
- Rewards. Every dollar you spend on eligible purchases using this card earns reward points, and your reward points accumulate in your Card Services Rewards Program account. You can use your points to book flight tickets, redeem travel and store vouchers, use them as cashback, and you can even transfer them to your frequent flyer program account.
- Concierge service. A 24/7 global platinum concierge service provides assistance in various ways such as booking flight tickets, making hotel reservations, reserving tables at restaurants, organising gifts, booking tickets for events, and even translating documents.
- Complimentary insurance covers. Use this card to book travel tickets and receive complimentary insurance covers like interstate flight inconvenience insurance, international travel insurance, and transit accident insurance. Purchases receive protection through guaranteed pricing scheme and purchase cover insurance.
Orange Credit Union Platinum MasterCard features
- Annual fee. By applying before a given date you get the opportunity to keep paying a discounted annual fee of $99 for the life of the card. This offer is not available to existing customers.
- Introductory rate. The interest rate that this card charges for the first months can lead to savings in two ways; via balance transfers and through purchases you make during this period.
- Rewards. Platinum cardholders can earn up to reward points in every 12-month cycle, and these points don’t expire as long as the account remains in good standing.
- Interest-free days. If you pay the account’s closing balance in full each month you can receive up to 55 interest-free days on purchases.
- Additional cards. You can nominate up to 4 additional cardholders, provided they’re at least 16 years old.
- PayPass. If you see the PayPass symbol at any merchant, you can use this card to make contactless payments of less than $100.
- Card security. Fraudshield detects and notifies you of any unusual activity on your account. SecureCode provides additional security in the online world.
How to apply for the Orange Credit Union Platinum MasterCard
You can visit the Orange Credit Union office to apply, or you can download an application form and send it across by mail or fax. To download the application, simply click on the ‘Go to Site’ button. Bear in mind you have to meet the following eligibility criteria to apply:
- You’re a permanent Australian resident
- You’re at least 18 years old
- You earn at least $35,000 p.a.
- You have a good credit rating.
Orange Credit Union will require you to provide some personal information, so keep the following handy:
- Your Australian driver’s license, passport, or Medicare card
- Copies of last two payslips
- Copies of recent statements relating to existing credit card and loans.
This platinum card could lead to noticeable savings within the first six months, but since other cards come with similar offers, compare a few before making a decision.Back to top