Orange Credit Union Amigo Credit Card review
Enjoy a competitive interest rate for all transactions and a low annual fee with the Orange Credit Union Amigo credit card.
Orange Credit Union’s Amigo Visa is a low-cost credit card that offers the same interest rate of 13.99% p.a. for purchases, balance transfers and cash advances. It also has a competitive annual fee of $49 and up to 55 days interest-free on purchases when you pay the balance in full by the due date on each statement.
Balance transfer rate
Interest free period
We’re committed to our readers and editorial independence. We don’t compare all products in the market and may receive compensation when we refer you to our partners, but this does not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn more about Finder.
|Product Name||Orange Credit Union Amigo Credit Card|
|Balance transfer rate||13.99% p.a.|
|Balance transfer revert rate||Cash Advance Rate (13.99% p.a.)|
|Purchase rate||13.99% p.a.|
|Interest-free period||55 days|
|Cash advance rate||13.99% p.a.|
|Min credit limit||$1,000|
|Max credit limit||$15,000|
|Foreign currency conversion fee||3%|
|Available to temporary residents||No|
- You'll be charged a low annual fee of $49.
- This credit card attracts a uniform interest rate of 13.99% p.a. on purchases, balance transfers and cash advances.
- Enjoy up to 55 days interest-free on purchases.
- You can request an additional card at no extra cost.
- This credit card does not come with a rewards program, so you won't be rewarded for spending.
- Currently, there are no introductory rates offered by this credit card.
|Minimum monthly repayment||3% of the closing balance or $20, whichever is greater|
|Late payment fee||$25|
|Foreign currency conversion fee||3%|
|Cash advance fee||$5|
|Additional cardholder fee||$0|
|Number of additional cardholders||1|
Sally McMullen is a creative content producer at Finder, co-hosts our Pocket Money podcast and wrote about credit cards for almost five years. Her byline can be spotted on Yahoo Finance, Dynamic Business, Financy and Mamamia as well as Music Feeds and Rolling Stone. She has a Bachelor of Communication and Media Studies majoring in Journalism (Hons) from the University of Wollongong.
The Orange Credit Union Amigo is a Visa credit card with simple account features. Its 13.99% p.a. interest rate is on par with other low rate options, although you can compare credit cards to find lower rates. The $49 annual fee on this credit card is also competitive with other no-frills cards.
This card also gives you access to shopping, dining, travel and entertainment deals through Visa Offers + Perks.
How to applyYou can apply for Orange Credit Union's Amigo credit card by filling in an application form on the Orange Credit Union website. Alternatively, you can call the credit union on (02) 6362 4466. To apply, you need to meet the following requirements and have all the required details handy.
- Age. You must be at least 18 years of age.
- Residency status. You must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident.
- Employment. You'll need have a regular income and have been in your job for more than three months.
- Credit history. Applicants shouldn't be bankrupt or have had any defaults on loans, credit cards, store cards or interest-free finance in the past five years.
- Personal details. This includes your full name, address and identification such as your driver's licence or passport.
- Residential details. You'll need to provide evidence of your residential address, such as a tenancy agreement or two recent rental receipts. You also need to include details of your previous address.
- Employment details. This includes your employer's contact details and copies of your two most recent payslips or group certificates.
- Financial details. You will need to provide details of any assets, debts and liabilities you have. Orange Credit Union also requires three months' worth of transaction account statements showing regular payments to each of your liabilities.
- Competitive purchase rate. This card offers a purchase rate of 13.99% p.a., which is relatively competitive when compared to other credit card interest rates.
- Low annual fee. This no-frills card boasts a low annual fee of $49.
- Additional cardholder. You can add an additional cardholder to your account at no extra cost.
- Joint application available. If you want to share responsibility for this credit card account, you can include details of a joint applicant when you apply.
- Visa offers. This card gives you exclusive access to presale concert tickets, competitions, discounts and other perks through the complimentary Visa Entertainment service.
- 24-hour support. If your card is lost or stolen, you can call Orange Credit Union on 1300 705 750 during work hours or 1800 648 027 after hours. If you're overseas, you can get support through the Visa Global Customer Assistance service by calling +61 2 8299 9534.
Rates & fees
- Interest-free days. You can enjoy up to 55 days interest-free on purchases made with this card as long as you pay your full closing balance by the payment due date on your statement.
- Late payment fee. If you don't pay at least the minimum amount listed on your statement by the due date, a fee of $25 will apply.
- Balance transfers. You can apply to transfer any outstanding credit or store card balance of $500 or more to your available Amigo card limit. This balance will be charged at the rate of 13.99% p.a.
- Cash advance rate. If you use your card for ATM withdrawals or other cash advance transactions, you'll collect an interest rate of 13.99% p.a.
- Daily transaction limits. For ATM and EFTPOS transactions, the Amigo credit card has a daily transaction limit of $1,000 (in total). Visa payWave transactions made on this card also have limits of up to $100 per payWave transaction and a total daily limit of $200 per card.
- Minimum repayments. Each month you'll be required to pay at least 3%. Of course, it's wise to more than the minimum repayment to clear your debt and avoid interest. Plus, you can take advantage of the interest-free days if you pay your balance in full.