Enjoy a competitive interest rate for all transactions and a low annual fee with the Orange Credit Union Amigo credit card.
Orange Credit Union’s Amigo Visa is a low-cost credit card that offers the same standard variable interest rate of 13.99% p.a. for purchases, balance transfers and cash advances. It also has a competitive annual fee of $49 and up to 55 days interest-free on purchases when you pay the balance in full by the due date on each statement.
|Product Name||Orange Credit Union Amigo Credit Card|
|Purchase rate (p.a.)||13.99% p.a.|
|Annual fee||$49 p.a.|
|Interest Free Period|
The interest-free period on purchases is the period or number of days you do not have to pay interest on your card purchases. You will be charged interest either from the day you make a purchase or from the statement date, unless you pay the closing balance in full by the due date (or within the interest-free period) on your statement.
|Up to 55 days on purchases|
|Cash advance rate (p.a.)||13.99% p.a.|
|Min credit limit|
This is the lowest credit card limit that you can request. It is possible to apply for a higher credit card limit but not a lower one than this figure.
|Max credit limit|
This credit limit may not be issued to you immediately on application. This is the maximum credit limit for this card which must be applied for or offered to you after you are approved and have already opened the account.
|Foreign Currency Conversion Fee (VISA)|
Foreign currency conversion fees are charged when you make a transaction that is converted by a credit card network, such as MasterCard, Visa or American Express, from Australian dollars to a foreign currency. You’ll also incur a currency conversion fee if you make a purchase or obtain a cash advance in Australian dollars while overseas or shopping online with a foreign merchant or financial institution.
|3% of transaction value|
|Complimentary Travel Insurance||No|
|Minimum Age||18 years of age|
|Available To Temporary Residents||No|
|Credit Rating Requirement||Good|
|Annual fee||$49 p.a.|
|Minimum Monthly Repayment||3% of the closing balance or $20|
|Late Payment Fee||$25|
|Cash Advance Fee||$5|
|Foreign Currency Conversion Fee|
Foreign currency conversion fees are charged when you make a transaction that is converted by a credit card network, such as MasterCard, Visa or American Express, from Australian dollars to a foreign currency. You'll also incur a currency conversion fee if you make a purchase or obtain a cash advance in Australian dollars while overseas or shopping online with a foreign merchant or financial institution.
|Additional Cardholder Fee||$0|
|Number of Additional Cardholders||1|
- You'll be charged a low annual fee of $49.
- This credit card attracts a uniform interest rate of 13.99% p.a. on purchases, balance transfers and cash advances.
- Enjoy up to 55 days interest-free on purchases.
- You can request an additional card at no extra cost.
- This credit card does not come with a rewards program, so you won't be rewarded for spending.
- Currently, there are no introductory rates offered by this credit card.
Orange Credit Union Amigo credit card review
This credit card offers flexibility and affordable access to credit, with a single interest rate that applies to all balances and a low annual fee. It also offers credit limits ranging from as little as $1,000 up to $15,000 (subject to lending criteria and approval), allowing you to enjoy the convenience of credit based on your individual budget and needs.
As a Visa credit card, you can use the Amigo to make payments with millions of businesses all around the world, wherever Visa is accepted. It also offers tap-and-go payments and the protection of Visa’s Zero Liability Policy.
Benefits of the Orange Credit Union Amigo credit card
Here are some of the other key benefits you can enjoy with this card:
- Competitive purchase rate. This card offers an ongoing purchase rate of 13.99% p.a., which is relatively competitive when compared to other standard credit card interest rates.
- Low annual fee. This no-frills card boasts a low annual fee of $49.
- Additional cardholder. You can add an additional cardholder to your account at no extra cost.
- Joint application available. If you want to share responsibility for this credit card account, you can include details of a joint applicant when you apply.
- Visa offers. This card gives you access to exclusive access to presale concert tickets, competitions, discounts and other perks through the complimentary Visa Entertainment service.
- 24-hour support. If your card is lost or stolen, you can call Orange Credit Union on 1300 705 750 during work hours or 1800 648 027 after hours. If you’re overseas, you can get support through the Visa Global Customer Assistance service by calling +61 2 8299 9534.
Features of the Orange Credit Union Amigo credit card
Here are the other details you should consider when comparing this card:
- Interest-free days. You can enjoy up to 55 days interest-free on purchases made with this card as long as you pay your full closing balance by the payment due date on your statement.
- Late payment fee. If you don’t pay at least the minimum amount listed on your statement by the due date, a fee of $25 will apply.
- Balance transfers. You can apply to transfer any outstanding credit or store card balance of $500 or more to your available Amigo card limit. This balance will be charged at the standard variable rate of 13.99% p.a.
- Cash advance rate. If you use your card for ATM withdrawals or other cash advance transactions, you'll collect an interest rate of 13.99% p.a.
- Daily transaction limits. For ATM and EFTPOS transactions, the Amigo credit card has a daily transaction limit of $1,000 (in total). Visa payWave transactions made on this card also have limits of up to $100 per payWave transaction and a total daily limit of $200 per card.
- Minimum repayments. Each month you'll be required to pay at least 3%. Of course, it's wise to more than the minimum repayment to clear your debt and avoid interest. Plus, you can take advantage of the interest-free days if you pay your balance in full.
How to apply for the Orange Credit Union Amigo credit card
You can apply for Orange Credit Union's Amigo credit card online or in a branch. To do so, you need to meet the following requirements and have all the required details handy.
- Age. You must be at least 18 years of age.
- Residency status. You must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident.
- Employment. You'll need have a regular income and have been in your job for more than three months.
- Credit history. Applicants shouldn't be bankrupt or have had any defaults on loans, credit cards, store cards or interest-free finance in the past five years.
- Personal details. This includes your full name, address and identification such as your driver’s licence or passport.
- Residential details. You’ll need to provide evidence of your residential address, such as a tenancy agreement or two recent rental receipts. You also need to include details of your previous address.
- Employment details. This includes your employer’s contact details and copies of your two most recent payslips or group certificates.
- Financial details. You will need to provide details of any assets, debts and liabilities you have. Orange Credit Union also requires three months’ worth of transaction account statements showing regular payments to each of your liabilities.
With a competitive ongoing variable interest rate and up to 55 interest-free days, the Orange Credit Union Amigo credit card offers low-cost access to credit. Remember to compare a range of card options before you apply so that you can get the right one for your needs.Back to top