Optus will let you check your mobile balance with Google Assistant
Talk to your Google Home to check your Optus postpaid plan from today.
Poor customer support is one of the key peeves of Australian mobile consumers, because typically when something goes wrong or you want to find out simple details about your mobile plan, billing or network status it can be a labyrinthine matter.
Many Australians are increasingly taking their complaints to the TIO, but if Optus' latest support scheme takes hold, they might not need to.
You can't quite just shout "Hey Google" and line up a new Optus postpaid mobile plan, but you will be able to authenticate your account, and from there check billing status, data provisioning and check international roaming rates.
To invoke Optus-specific support, the phrase to remember will be "Ok Google, talk to Optus", followed by your query. Not every question or possible problem will be solved this way, but Optus states that it will work on testing the service to increase the functionality of the Assistant. The integration of Google Assistant into its support services isn't intended to replace existing support channels but simply add to them.
- What’s in the MAC Cosmetics 2020 Holiday collection?
- How to watch Super Rugby AU final ACT Brumbies vs Queensland Reds live and free in Australia
- How to watch Adelaide Crows vs Richmond Tigers AFL live and free
- How to watch Essendon Bombers vs Melbourne Demons AFL live and free
- Uniswap UNI airdrop takes Ethereum by storm
Follow us for all the latest mobile phone news and deals