Optus tempts switchers with free month deal
Optus’ latest enticement to get customers to switch to contract plans on its network involves shouting the first month of the contract and handset repayment terms.
Optus is keen to acquire customers, and its latest deal to entice you involves a pretty simple premise. If you sign up for an Optus contract with a handset attached for 24 months before 9 May, Optus will waive the first month’s contract and handset repayment fee.
The deal is not dissimilar to the limited time offer Vodafone made in March for customers signing up to a contract deal. In fact, it’s pretty much identical, right down to Optus’ offer to allow customers to back out of the contract within 30 days without any penalty as long as the associated handset is returned in good working order.
If you’re already an Optus customer you can take advantage of the free month deal, but only if you sign up for an additional Optus service on top of your existing contract term. That makes it more appealing for new customers, where the ability to back out if you discover you have (for instance) reception issues at your home or workplace is also helpful.
You can check out the full range of plans currently on offer from Optus in the table below.
- Data-lovers rejoice, Kogan Mobile’s massive 23GB for $4.90 deal is back
- Save 50% on your phone bill with OVO Mobile’s half-price deal
- Optus Mobile deals: Discount codes and coupons for April 2018
- Kogan Mobile deals: Discount codes and coupons for April 2018
- KISS Mobile deals: Discount codes and coupons for April 2018