Optus reveals Blackberry PRIV pricing for Australia
Want Blackberry’s first Android-powered phone on an Optus contract? Here is what you’ll pay.
Blackberry announced earlier in the week that its first Android-powered phone, the BlackBerry PRIV, would be going on sale through Optus this week.
Aside from its Android roots, which give it far wider app access than Blackberry’s own OS ever managed, the other two key selling points for the PRIV are the inclusion of a slide- out keyboard, which is pretty much Blackberry’s own unique selling proposition at this point in time, and the inbuilt security features meant to tempt enterprise customers.
Here are the key specifications for the Blackberry PRIV. You can learn more about the phone in our detailed review.
Consumers should be security-minded as well, especially given the history of mobile phone malware being very strongly tilted towards the Android platform. Optus isn’t restricting sales of the PRIV to just its business customers, with the phone available on a range of Optus My Plan Plus plans.
- What’s the cheapest way to get 5G?
- Does new green brand Felix mean cheaper mobile plans soon?
- Get access to Australia’s largest 5G network with a Telstra iPhone 12 plan
- What’s the cheapest way to get an iPhone 12 plan in Australia?
- Get “infinite” data when you sign up to an iPhone 12 plan with Vodafone