Optus reveals Blackberry PRIV pricing for Australia
Want Blackberry’s first Android-powered phone on an Optus contract? Here is what you’ll pay.
Blackberry announced earlier in the week that its first Android-powered phone, the BlackBerry PRIV, would be going on sale through Optus this week.
Aside from its Android roots, which give it far wider app access than Blackberry’s own OS ever managed, the other two key selling points for the PRIV are the inclusion of a slide- out keyboard, which is pretty much Blackberry’s own unique selling proposition at this point in time, and the inbuilt security features meant to tempt enterprise customers.
Here are the key specifications for the Blackberry PRIV. You can learn more about the phone in our detailed review.
Consumers should be security-minded as well, especially given the history of mobile phone malware being very strongly tilted towards the Android platform. Optus isn’t restricting sales of the PRIV to just its business customers, with the phone available on a range of Optus My Plan Plus plans.
- Telstra’s EOFY sale: Up to $300 off brand new 5G phones
- Circles.Life’s new Samsung Galaxy S21 phone plans: How do they compare?
- Click Frenzy™ Mayhem 2021: Our favourite phone and mobile deals
- Telcos have left thousands of Aussie customers out of pocket: Are you next?
- Score $300 off Samsung Galaxy S21 Plus from Telstra — But you’ll have to hurry