Optus opens up Galaxy Note 8 pre-orders
Grab a shiny new Note 8 from just $90 per month
Samsung announced the Galaxy Note 8 with a flurry of hype, and a very short lead time between the launch and the commencement of pre-orders. Indeed, it's hard to think of an announced phone that had less than a day, effectively, between that timespan.
That didn't give telcos a lot of time to announce their deals, although Vodafone, Virgin Mobile and amaysim all announced early. Telstra didn't (and won't do so until 5 September), but overnight Optus revealed its Galaxy Note 8 pre-order plan pricing.
Like every other provider, Optus is offering up a pre-order bonus of a Samsung convertible fast charging pad with any Note 8 order, as well as the option to enrol in Samsung's "Screen Assure" replacement plan, which provides one free screen repair in the first 12 months of ownership. Here's how Optus' plan pricing stacks up:
|Plan Name||Cost Per Month||Handset repayment (per month)||Total Monthly Cost||Standard Calls/Texts||Data||Minimum cost|
There's a notable sweet spot in Optus' Note 8 plan pricing, and that's the deal it currently has running on its $130 plan, which is available for only $100 per month if you sign up before 4 September 2017. If you're keen to pre-order, it's one of the best deals going.
The Samsung Galaxy Note 8 is available to pre-order now with delivery on 22 September 2017.
- Catch.com.au is launching its own prepaid mobile service
- You can now bundle Norton security products with your Vodafone mobile bill
- Optus is giving all Australians 30 days free access to the National Geographic mobile app
- Get a hefty 18GB of mobile data for just $32 a month with Virgin Mobile
- Go big with 18GB of mobile data for just $20 with Vodafone