Optus is giving all Australians 30 days free access to the National Geographic mobile app
You no longer have to be an Optus customer to check out the slick, content-packed app.
Back in July last year, Optus kicked off a partnership with acclaimed science network National Geographic by releasing a new mobile app packed with original National Geographic documentaries, photos, stories and much more. Until now, this app has been exclusive to Optus post-paid mobile customers, but today marks its official release across all Australian mobile networks.
To celebrate the occasion, Optus is offering a 30-day free trial of the app to all Aussies with a compatible iOS or Android device and an active mobile service. This trial gets you access to the entire breadth of National Geographic content, with over 7,000 videos, 28,000 photos and scans of every National Geographic magazine from January 2009 up until today.
"Lots of people have told us over the past few months they would like to access the app and we are excited to now share it on a trial basis for any customer, on any network, as long as they have an active mobile service," said Ben White, Managing Director of Marketing and Product at Optus.
After the 30-day trial has ended, non-Optus customers can continue to access the app by signing up for $14.99 a month. Alternatively, if you sign up for any Optus mobile or broadband plan, you'll get free access to the app for as long as you stick with your Optus service. As a bonus, all Optus mobile customers can stream content from the National Geographic app data-free, meaning all those high-definition documentaries won't count against your monthly data cap.
- The Bali earthquake could affect your travel insurance
- Save up to 40% off Royal Caribbean cruises
- Bitcoin carnage: What caused today’s massive price drop?
- You can now fly to South Africa from just $1,149 return with Qantas
- Ask Finder: When do I get frequent flyer points from my credit card?
- Libra’s main problem is that people don’t like Facebook, senate hearing shows
- Best sales of the week: ry.com.au, Forever New and Princess Polly
- Where to buy kombucha online
- Best performing super funds for 2018-19 revealed
- Why you need the Reebok x Victoria Beckham FW19 collection