Optus has a ridiculous deal on right now: $36 for a NEW phone
Sign up to an Optus mobile plan and get the OPPO A53s for as low as $1 per month.
If you're in the market for a budget-friendly phone, Optus's latest deal is going to hit all your sweet spots.
Starting at $36, you could get your hands on the OPPO A53s (128GB) in the Fancy Blue colour. Its original RRP is $278.64 so you're practically getting it for peanuts.
Depending on the length of your phone plan, you could be paying anywhere between $1 and $3 per month:
- 36 months: $1/month
- 24 months: $1.50/month
- 12 months: $3/month
You could also score free express delivery if you place your order by 12PM AEST, so you could get your new phone delivered within 2 business days in metro areas and within 5 business days to non-metro areas.
How does it work?
To get the OPPO A53s for just $1 a month from Optus, you'll need to get it on a 36-month repayment period. If you get it on Optus's cheapest month-to-month mobile plan, you can expect:
- To pay $46 per month (on Optus's Small Choice Plus plan)
- A minimum total cost of $316.90 (which includes 1 month of the device discount and 1 month of the $45 month-to-month SIM plan)
- 20GB per month with no excess data charges (speed slowed down to a maximum of 1.5Mbps when you hit your limit)
Signing up to Optus will also get you access to the following features:
- Ability to buy it on a plan with OptusPay – pay over time, interest free. T&Cs apply
- Includes Optus Sport with OS Fitness
- Unlimited standard national calls + texts
Is there a catch with this Optus deal?
There are 2 points to keep in mind:
- You will need an Optus mobile plan to get in on the deal, and
- You will also need to stick to the length of your chosen contract term for the full discount to apply.
Is the OPPO A53s worth it?
As a brand, OPPO's a popular option among Aussies who are keen to stick to a budget-friendly brand.
The OPPO A53s comes with a great design and strong battery life. Some other specifications include:
- 6.5-inch x 1600 LCD display
- Triple rear cameras (2-megapixel macro lens, 2-megapixel depth camera, 13-megapixel main camera)
- 8-megapixel front camera
- Operating system: ColorOS V7.2 based on Android 10
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 460 processor
- 4GB RAM
The bottom line
At the end of the day, if budget matters but you still need a new phone, the OPPO A53s could be a good stop-gap option – especially if you're saving up for a fancier upgrade down the line.
You're unlikely to find a $36 phone anywhere else.