Oppo Reno Z Review: Features | Pricing | Specs
Oppo made its name in Australia with a range of innovative and low-cost phones that provided superior value to competing phones of the time.
In many ways that's exactly what the Oppo Reno Z is. It's a gorgeous looking phone that's a lot of fun to use in most cases, but in 2019, there's even more pressure in the mid-range to compete. The Reno Z doesn't stand alone in the mid-range the way previous Oppo phones may have, but it's certainly worth your consideration.
|Launch price (RRP)||$499|
In years past, Oppo's budget and mid-range lines had their own naming schemes, but in 2019, it appears that everything Oppo will be a Reno.
Not a renovated phone, but instead one carrying the Reno suffix. We've already seen the Reno 5G, and its slightly cheaper Reno 10x Zoom phone, and it's now joined by the much more affordable Oppo Reno Z.
It's a good-looking phone, but one that launches into a mid-range market that's genuinely more competitive than it has been in years.
- Gorgeous gradient finish at a budget price
- In-display fingerprint reader works well
- Dual rear lenses offer decent but not stellar shots
- Ultra Night Mode doesn't grab that much light
- Selfies can be spectacular – or frightening
- Low-end processor, but plenty of RAM
- No expandable storage
- ColorOS still feels messy
- Good audio output if you need an ad-hoc speaker
- Dolby Atmos support for three-dimensional audio
- 4,035mAh battery gives plenty of battery endurance
- Very fast charging, but only with Oppo's own VOOC charger
Pricing and availability
If you're a fan of Oppo phones and want a bit more camera oomph, consider the Oppo R17 Pro.
In the mid-range space, Google's Pixel 3a looms large for its combination of amazing camera performance and slick, pared-down Android OS. It's a little more pricey than the Oppo Reno Z, however.
You could also consider the Samsung Galaxy A70 or Samsung Galaxy A50 if you want a phone with a large OLED display and dual camera options.
Power, storage and battery
Latest Oppo news
As if you need any more incentive, Mobileciti is offering a ridiculous gift bundle to go with your pre-order of the Oppo Find X5 Pro 5G.Read more…
Oppo has unveiled its brand new Find X5 series, including the very fancy flagship Pro.Read more…
Telstra has hopped on board with EOFY deals on a bunch of phones, accessories and more, including the latest iPhone 12 and Samsung Galaxy S21 models.Read more…
You are about to post a question on finder.com.au:
- Do not enter personal information (eg. surname, phone number, bank details) as your question will be made public
- finder.com.au is a financial comparison and information service, not a bank or product provider
- We cannot provide you with personal advice or recommendations
- Your answer might already be waiting – check previous questions below to see if yours has already been asked