The Oppo R15 Pro is a nicely designed smartphone that finally doesn't just look like an iPhone clone for the most part.
- Good camera
- Headphone jack
- VOOC charging
- NFC – finally!
- Water resistance – finally!
- Mid-range processor
- ColorOS is an acquired taste
- microUSB charging
- Doesn't compare well against the OnePlus 6 or Find X
Oppo's R15 Pro adds features the R series has needed for years, but its price point puts it in a tough position.
While it would never entirely admit to it, Oppo's business case for the longest time has been in producing smartphones that look almost exactly like iPhones but without the premium price point to go with it.
The Oppo R15 and Oppo R15 Pro shift subtly away from this, delivering a design that's more in line with premium Android handsets but, again, at a slightly lower price point. It's a welcome shift for the Chinese manufacturer, which has also got on board with other technologies that have been missing from the R series since inception, but that might not be enough to make the Oppo R15 Pro your next ideal handset.
- Vibrant design stands in stark contrast to your typical premium smartphone.
- Massive 6.28-inch display provides plenty of room to play with.
- Produces sharp and clear shots that stand out against those of other mid-range handsets.
- Plenty of extra modes and tools to further tweak your photos.
- Solid performance that sits between the mid-range and top-tier.
- The iOS-like ColorOS won't appeal to everyone.
- Has no trouble hitting all-day battery life, even with its massive screen.
- Supports fast-charging via Oppo's proprietary VOOC tech.
- The Oppo R15 Pro is proof that you don't have to pay a premium for a power-packed smartphone.
Pricing and availability
Oppo R15 Pro
A flagship phone for the fiscally-minded
The Oppo R15 Pro delivers long-awaited premium features like water resistance and NFC while retaining the affordable price tag Oppo smartphones are known for.
- The Oppo R15 Pro is available online and from physical stores like JB Hi-Fi. To find the best deal, compare prices on the Oppo R15 Pro from Australian retailers.
Oppo R15 Pro specs
|Display size (inches)||6.28|
|Display resolution (pixels)||2280 x 1080|
|Pixels per inch (PPI)||401|
|Battery size (mAh)||3,430|
|Rear camera (1) resolution||16|
|Rear camera (1) aperture||f/1.7|
|Rear camera (2) resolution||20|
|Rear camera (2) aperture||f/1.7|
|Rear camera (3) resolution|
|Rear camera (3) aperture|
|Front camera (1) resolution||20|
|Front camera (1) aperture||f/2.0|
|Front camera (2) resolution|
|Front camera (2) aperture|
|Network category speed||Category 6|
Compare Oppo R15 Pro plans
Latest Oppo news
Oppo's upcoming Oppo Reno 5G phone will connect to super-fast networks and feature the world's first 10x optical zoom lens camera. Read more…
Oppo's revealed images of its foldable phone prototype, and it's remarkably similar visually to Huawei's Mate X. Read more…
Oppo reveals specifications for its 10x optical zoom lens module, which it says will be in a consumer phone before mid-2019. Read more…