The R15 boasts solid build quality with a heavy emphasis on style.
- Stylish design
- Powerful and capable camera
- Big and bold display
- Less powerful than your average premium smartphone
- No water resistance
- ColorOS continues to deliver a love-it-or-hate-it experience
The Oppo R15 offers a large display and a touch of class at a price around half that of most flagship smartphones.
Oppo’s line of Android phones has slowly been winning over the world with its mid-tier phones, often with features that mirror those found in premium handsets.
The Oppo R15 looks set to continue that tradition with a high-style design that lacks the high price tag of the big-name flagships.
We recently went hands-on with the Oppo R15 in Oppo’s hometown of Shenzen in China. Based on our brief time with the phone, here's how it shook out.
- Colourful and stylish designs stand out from the pack.
- The improved ColorOS is nice, but probably won't win over naysayers.
- High-powered lenses deliver some of the sharpest shots on the smartphone market.
- Plenty of beautification and AI processing techniques to further improve your photos.
- As fast and responsive as you'd expect a premium smartphone to be.
- 6GB of RAM provides plenty of capacity for multi-tasking.
- Should have no issue getting you through a full day on a single charge.
- VOOC flash charging makes topping up quick and easy.
- A top-quality flagship smartphone that won't break the bank.
Pricing and availability
High style at a low price
The Oppo R15 continues Oppo's approach of delivering top-of-the-line features for hundreds of dollars less than your typical premium smartphone.
- The Oppo R15 is available online from retailers like Amazon and Catch as well as physical stores like JB Hi-Fi.
- You can also grab the Oppo R15 on contract through Woolworths Mobile and Telechoice.
|Display size (inches)||6.28|
|Display resolution (pixels)||2280 x 1080|
|Pixels per inch (PPI)||401|
|Battery size (mAh)||3,450|
|Rear camera (1) resolution||16|
|Rear camera (1) aperture||f/1.7|
|Rear camera (2) resolution||5|
|Rear camera (2) aperture||f/2.2|
|Rear camera (3) resolution|
|Rear camera (3) aperture|
|Front camera (1) resolution||20|
|Front camera (1) aperture||f/2.0|
|Front camera (2) resolution|
|Front camera (2) aperture|
|Network category speed||Category 16|
Latest Oppo news
Packing a dual-lens camera, a 6.2-inch notched display and an enormous 4,230mAh battery, the Oppo A3s sets a new bar for what to expect from a budget smartphone. Read more…
Between its in-screen fingerprint reader, its Snapdragon 670 processor and its 6GB of RAM, the Oppo R17 has a whole lot to offer at a very reasonable price. Read more…
The Oppo Find X features innovative design and excellent battery life, but it's a weird mix of some very good features and some annoying omissions. Read more…