The R15 boasts solid build quality with a heavy emphasis on style.
- Stylish design
- Powerful and capable camera
- Big and bold display
- Less powerful than your average premium smartphone
- No water resistance
- ColorOS continues to deliver a love-it-or-hate-it experience
The Oppo R15 offers a large display and a touch of class at a price around half that of most flagship smartphones.
Oppo’s line of Android phones has slowly been winning over the world with its mid-tier phones, often with features that mirror those found in premium handsets.
The Oppo R15 looks set to continue that tradition with a high-style design that lacks the high price tag of the big-name flagships.
We recently went hands-on with the Oppo R15 in Oppo’s hometown of Shenzen in China. Based on our brief time with the phone, here's how it shook out.
- Colourful and stylish designs stand out from the pack.
- The improved ColorOS is nice, but probably won't win over naysayers.
- High-powered lenses deliver some of the sharpest shots on the smartphone market.
- Plenty of beautification and AI processing techniques to further improve your photos.
- As fast and responsive as you'd expect a premium smartphone to be.
- 6GB of RAM provides plenty of capacity for multi-tasking.
- Should have no issue getting you through a full day on a single charge.
- VOOC flash charging makes topping up quick and easy.
- A top-quality flagship smartphone that won't break the bank.
Pricing and availability
High style at a low price
The Oppo R15 continues Oppo's approach of delivering top-of-the-line features for hundreds of dollars less than your typical premium smartphone.
- The Oppo R15 is available both online and in-store, and you can find where the best deals are by comparing prices on the Oppo R15 from Australian retailers.
- You can also grab the Oppo R15 on contract through Woolworths Mobile and Telechoice.
Oppo R15 specs
|Display size (inches)||6.28|
|Display resolution (pixels)||2280 x 1080|
|Pixels per inch (PPI)||401|
|Battery size (mAh)||3,450|
|Rear camera (1) resolution||16|
|Rear camera (1) aperture||f/1.7|
|Rear camera (2) resolution||5|
|Rear camera (2) aperture||f/2.2|
|Rear camera (3) resolution|
|Rear camera (3) aperture|
|Front camera (1) resolution||20|
|Front camera (1) aperture||f/2.0|
|Front camera (2) resolution|
|Front camera (2) aperture|
|Network category speed||Category 16|
Compare SIM-only plans for the Oppo R15
Latest Oppo news
Oppo's upcoming Oppo Reno 5G phone will connect to super-fast networks and feature the world's first 10x optical zoom lens camera. Read more…
Oppo's revealed images of its foldable phone prototype, and it's remarkably similar visually to Huawei's Mate X. Read more…
Oppo reveals specifications for its 10x optical zoom lens module, which it says will be in a consumer phone before mid-2019. Read more…