The Oppo Find X has an attractive design and clever pop-up camera mechanism, making it one of the most innovative smartphones we've seen in years.
- Gorgeous design
- All-screen display
- Camera works well
- Premium performance
- No NFC
- No water resistance
- No expandable storage
- Many capable competitors at the same price
The Oppo Find X features innovative design and excellent battery life, but it's a weird mix of some very good features and some annoying omissions.
Oppo has long been known as a manufacturer of mostly iPhone-like Android handsets at very attractive price points. It's a strategy that has allowed the Chinese phone maker to take a significant chunk of the mid-range phone market in Australia.
However, the Oppo Find X is something different. It's Oppo's first take on a truly "premium" handset, with cutting edge specifications, an entirely new design idea and a price point to match. Where once Oppo could be criticised for copying design ideas, there's no doubt that the Oppo Find X is an entirely new and innovative phone, but it's also one with incredibly mixed performance.
- True all-screen design
- No headphone jack
- Camera module gathers dust easily
- Swipe-up camera is slow to start
- Very wide in the hand due to pop-up camera module
- Good quality camera with plenty of options
- Snapdragon 845 delivers predictably good results
- ColorOS has been toned down
- Lacks NFC
- Lacks water resistance
- No expandable memory and lower storage than international versions
- Great battery life
- USB C charging
- Lacks wireless charging
- A unique take on a premium smartphone held back by its lack of core features like NFC and water resistance
Pricing and availability
Oppo Find X
A premium smartphone with a unique Oppo spin
Oppo's first stab at a truly premium smartphone is unlike any other handset currently on the market.
- The Oppo Find X is available from JB Hi-Fi and Mobileciti.
- You can ensure you get the best deal by comparing prices on the Oppo Find X from Australian retailers.
Oppo Find X specs
|Display size (inches)||6.4|
|Display resolution (pixels)||2340 x 1080|
|Pixels per inch (PPI)||401|
|Battery size (mAh)||3,730|
|Rear camera (1) resolution||16|
|Rear camera (1) aperture||f/2.0|
|Rear camera (2) resolution||20|
|Rear camera (2) aperture||f/2.0|
|Rear camera (3) resolution|
|Rear camera (3) aperture|
|Front camera (1) resolution||25|
|Front camera (1) aperture||f/2.0|
|Front camera (2) resolution|
|Front camera (2) aperture|
|Network category speed||Category 16|
Compare SIM-only plans for the Oppo Find X
Latest Oppo news
Oppo's upcoming Oppo Reno 5G phone will connect to super-fast networks and feature the world's first 10x optical zoom lens camera. Read more…
Oppo's revealed images of its foldable phone prototype, and it's remarkably similar visually to Huawei's Mate X. Read more…
Oppo reveals specifications for its 10x optical zoom lens module, which it says will be in a consumer phone before mid-2019. Read more…