Oppo's budget-range AX5 has a distinct style and some serious battery stamina.
Oppo's market position in Australia has been built on the back of numerous budget-priced handsets that offer more than you might expect at their price points. The Oppo AX5's key selling points are its surprisingly appealing design and the inclusion of a very large battery for such a moderately priced handset.
- 6.2-inch display
- Glass back
- No fingerprint sensor
- Dual 13/2MP rear cameras
- Front 8MP camera
- Snapdragon 450 fits the mid-range bill nicely
- Oppo's ColorOS gives its phones a very iPhone-like feel
- 4,230mAh battery should give great battery life
- No fast or wireless charging
Pricing and availability
An affordable phone with a big battery
The Oppo AX5 provides plenty of battery life in a range of colours
- The Oppo AX5 retails for around $379 outright. It's available from JB Hi-Fi, The Good Guys, TeleChoice, Officeworks, RetraVision, Woolworths and MobileCiti.
- It's also available as a prepaid handset through Telstra for $299.
Oppo AX5 specs
Power, storage and battery
|Display size||6.2 inches|
|Resolution||720 x 1520|
|Rear camera megapixels||13MP + 2MP|
|Rear camera aperture size||2.2 + 2.4|
|Front camera megapixels||8MP|
|Front camera aperture size||2.2|
|Dimensions||156.2mm x 75.6mm x 8.2mm|
|Network category speed||N/A|
|Operating system||Android 8|
|External storage support||Up to 256GB|
Compare SIM-only plans for the Oppo AX5
Latest Oppo news
The Oppo Reno Z retains the premium look and features of other Reno smartphones while clocking in at a more budget-friendly price. Read more…