Shape-shifting animals and kung fu combat come together in the open-world RPG BioMutant
Jet skis, air balloons and giant mechs are just some of the toys you'll have to play with in this stylish RPG.
After teasing as much a few weeks back, THQ Nordic has dropped the first trailer along with some tantalising details for its upcoming kung fu RPG BioMutant.
The flashy cinematic trailer doesn't give away a whole lot on its own, other than the adorable Rocket-Racoon-looking protagonist and hints at a similar brand of humour to that found in Guardians of the Galaxy.
Outside of the trailer, THQ Nordic also revealed that the game will focus on an agile style of combat influenced by the Chinese martial art of Wushu. However, melee fighting won't be your only means of defence as the titular bio-contamination plaguing BioMutant's world will allow you to shapeshift into different deadly forms, unlocking new physical abilities and psychic powers like telekinesis and levitation.
To help you fight the mutated monstrosities you'll encounter in BioMutant, you'll be able to craft all manner of weapons and tools ranging from massive swords and double-barrelled shotguns to jetpacks and a bionic hang-glider. If your foes are too tough, though, you can always jump in your mech, jet ski or air balloon and set off across the game's vibrant open world.
- Battle Royale: Treyarch says it will “do it best and better than” Fortnite, PUBG
- Rick and Morty Virtual Rick-ality Review: Show Me What You Got (in VR)
- Dragon’s Crown Pro Review: The pinnacle of 2D visuals
- Command the Australian Centurion in World Of Tanks
- Four Australian FIFA 18 players will compete for a ticket to the Global Series Playoffs tonight