Online Travel Insurance Domestic Cover is a feature packed policy designed for those holidaying within Australia; optional snow cover pack available.
It’s no secret that we Australians love to travel – just count the number of times you’ve heard that familiar Aussie twang in unexpected locations overseas. However, living in a country often voted as one of the most beautiful in the world, more Australians are now making the most of their surroundings (and their budgets) by exploring destinations closer to home.
Receive quotes for online travel insurance domestic coverBut wait! Before you hop on that big jet plane or jump in your car for your well-deserved break, you may have forgotten to tick off an essential item on your to-pack list: travel insurance.‘But we’re not even leaving the country,’ you say. ‘And we’ve got car insurance and Medicare.’Yes, that’s true; I hear you. But sadly, the dreaded situations don’t discriminate. Whether you’re headed to sunny Bali or Byron Bay, it’s entirely possible that you may have to cancel your trip due to an unexpected illness, have an accident in a hired van or find that your family’s favourite belongings have ‘disappeared’ upon arrival, leaving you stressed and stranded at baggage claim. In such tricky situations, your car insurance or Medicare is unlikely to be of much help.Luckily, thanks to comprehensive domestic travel insurance companies such as Online Travel Insurance, guaranteeing your peace of mind for your exciting trip ahead can be done in just a matter of minutes without even leaving your home.
Who is Online Travel Insurance?
Online Travel Insurance (OTI) is a provider of domestic and international travel insurance and an experienced assistance provider who have been helping regular Australians take their holidays without a fuss for over 10 years. A brand of Allianz Insurance, Online Travel Insurance gives you the added flexibility of choosing a cover for yourself, with your partner or for the whole family, guaranteeing you more bang for your buck. So what exactly does the Online Travel Insurance Domestic Plan cover?
What Does the Online Travel Insurance Domestic Plan Cover?
With the Online Travel Insurance Domestic Plan, you’ll be protected against:
- Cancellation fees and lost deposits: You’d never want to cut your trip short because of unexpected surprises such as sickness, accidents, strikes, collisions, redundancy or natural disasters, but it can happen to the best of us. One less thing to worry about can mean a whole lot more during stressful times.
- Additional travel and accommodation expenses: Feeling crook? Online Travel Insurance will cover additional travel and accommodation expenses if you or your travel buddy fall sick, become injured or are no longer certified fit to travel. If it’s serious and you require hospitalisation, Online Travel Insurance will also cover accommodation and travel expenses for your travel companion or a relative so they can be with you. If you have to return home because you or your travel buddy is sick or injured or a relative was hospitalised or passed away, you guessed it; Online Travel Insurance will have your back on that one too – and quite generously, with up to $10,000 for yourself or $20,000 for the whole family.
- Travel Delay Expenses: While not ideal, it’s not unusual for travel plans to go haywire thanks to delays beyond your control. If you’re still waiting around after 6 hours, Online Travel Insurance will cover up to $1,000 for individuals or $2,000 for your family for reasonable additional meals and accommodation expenses.
- Luggage & Personal Effects: If your luggage or valuables such as spectacles, personal effects or personal computers and cameras are stolen, lost or accidentally damaged during your travels, Online Travel Insurance will pay the repair or replacement cost of up to $10,000 for an individual or $20,000 for a family. The exact amount will depend on the depreciation value from normal wear and tear, and won’t be higher than your original purchase price.
- Luggage & Personal Effects Delay Expenses: More than 12 hours since you were expecting your luggage and personal effects to come through? If they’re delayed, misdirected or misplaced by your carrier, Online Travel Insurance will give you an allowance of up to $500 for individuals or up to $1,000 for the family so you can purchase essential clothing and other personal items in the meantime.
- Rental Vehicle Insurance Excess: If you rent a car during your trip and it’s stolen, damaged, crashed, or you become certified as unfit to return the car, Online Travel Insurance will pay, the liability fee or the cost of repairs – whichever is the lesser.
- Personal liability: If you receive a claim against you for bodily injuries or damage to someone else’s property, Online Travel Insurance will provide up to $1 million to cover for your legal liability to pay compensation, including legal expenses.
- Accidental death: Online Travel Insurance will pay a benefit of $15,000 for individuals and $30,000 for a family if you die because of, and within 12 months of, having an accidental bodily injury during your trip.
Online Travel Insurance Domestic Plan Worldwide Assistance
Because Online Travel Insurance is a brand of Allianz Insurance, as an Online Travel Insurance customer you’ll have access to Allianz Global Assistance for 24/7 emergency assistance, anywhere at anytime. Being the superstar multi-taskers they are, you’ll only have to dial once on 1300 725 154 to get help with medical problems, directions to the nearest medical facilities and embassies or consulates, an evacuation home, or to relay messages to your family or colleagues in the case of an emergency.
Online Travel Insurance Domestic Plan Options
If you’re headed to the snow or live for the thrill of extreme sports, you may find it handy to safeguard yourself by adding one of these packs:
With a Snow Pack, you’ll be covered for up to $2,000 individually or up to $4,000 as a family for:
- Own snow sport equipment
- Snow sport equipment hire
- Snow sport pack
- Piste closure
- Bad weather/avalanche closure
As an experienced assistance provider, Online Travel Insurance already provides automatic cover for your usual adventure activity needs. But if you fancy yourself a more extreme thrill seeker, the Adventure Pack will cover additional activities such as abseiling, outdoor rock climbing and quad biking.
Who Can Apply for the Online Travel Insurance Domestic Policy?
You are eligible to apply for the Online Travel Insurance Domestic policy if you;
- Are a resident of Australia
- Purchase your policy before commencing your journey; and
- Your journey commences and ends in Australia
Cover is available to travellers aged 74 years and under with this age limited applied as at the date of issue. finder.com.au always recommends that you read through the terms and conditions of the policy product disclosure statement prior to taking out cover to ensure you know exactly what you are covered for.