Online Travel Insurance Comprehensive is a no expense spared total protection solution for those travelling overseas
Online Travel Insurance has been operating in Australia since 2002, and its policies are underwritten by Allianz Insurance Group. Online Travel Insurance Comprehensive includes unlimited cover for overseas medical assistance and emergency medical and hospital expenses, a $25,000 cancellation benefit, a $5,000 benefit for your lost luggage, and a range of included activities so you can enjoy your trip without looking over your shoulder or pouring over fine print.
Find Out More Information About Online Travel Insurance Comprehensive
If you want to pull out all the stops on your next holiday, you’ll also want to go all the way to the top of the travel insurance coverage, with the Comprehensive policy from Online Travel Insurance. The Online Travel Insurance Comprehensive policy can cover just you, or can be extended to cover your partner and family as well. The policy provides cover for anyone 74 years or under. When you travel with comprehensive cover, you’ll be protected with:
- unlimited cover for overseas emergency medical assistance
- unlimited cover for overseas emergency medical and hospital expenses
- up to $1,000 cover for emergency dental expenses per person
- up to $25,000 cover on a single policy and $50,000 cover on a family policy, for cancellation fees and lost deposits
- up to $5,000 benefit for luggage and personal effects on a single policy, and $10,000 on a family policy
- a $250 benefit if your luggage is delayed under the single policy and up to $500 on the family policy
- a $3,000 benefit for your rental vehicle excess on a single policy and up to $6,000 on a family policy
- a $25,000 accidental death benefit on the single policy and up to $50,000 for family cover
- up to $25,000 permanent disability benefit for singles cover, and up to $50,000 on a family policy
- benefit of $10,400 on a single policy and up to $20,800 on a family policy for loss of income
- cash allowance if you are hospitalised, up to a total of $5,000 on a single policy and $10,000 for families
- if your plans are disrupted or delayed, you can claim for up to $50,000 of additional expenses and $2,000 of travel delay expenses on a single policy. For families you can claim $100,000 of additional expenses and $4,000 of travel delay expenses
- alternative transport expenses if you have to get to a special event and your planned transfer is delayed, providing up to $5,000 for singles and $10,000 for families
- cover for lost travel documents, passports, traveller’s cheques and transaction cards, up to $2,000 on a single policy and $4,000 on a family policy
- personal liability insurance up to $2.5 million if you are held liable for injuring another person, or damaging their property.
Online Travel Insurance policy is backed by the Allianz Insurance Group, which means policyholders can benefit from Allianz Global Assistance. If you have a question about your cover, you need help in the event of a medical emergency, loss or theft, or you need to make a claim, you can call Allianz Global Assistance 24 hours a day, from wherever you are in the world. Their team of medical and insurance experts offer a friendly voice when you’re far from home, and relevant advice and contacts to resolve any issue which might arise.Back to top
If you wanted to increase the cover of your Comprehensive plan even further, you can add any of these extra features, for an additional premium:
- Snow pack cover. Adding the Snow Pack to your Comprehensive travel insurance from Online Travel Insurance provides you with specialised cover if you are planning a snow holiday, to protect you in case of the increased medical and health dangers for an additional $500 excess, offer you increased insurance for your expensive snow gear and lost fees and deposits in case of bad weather.
- Bicycle pack cover. You can add extra insurance for your bicycle if, it is less than three years old, valued at more than $1,500 and is free of defects. You can insure any individual bike for up to $5,000 and the maximum Online Travel Insurance will pay for bicycles covered is $15,000. The bicycle pack does not include cover for any accessories such as pumps, lights or helmets.
- Adventure pack cover. You are already covered for a range of sports and activities under your Comprehensive travel insurance, however, if you are planning any of the following activities you’ll need to add the Adventure Pack:
- supervised animal conservation and handling
- cave or river tubing
- caving or potholing
- contact sports such as rugby, Australian Rules or American football
- deep sea fishing
- underwater diving with a breathing apparatus at no more than 30 metres, with an open water diving license
- the Kokoda Track or Trail
- flying fox or zip lining
- hiking at between 3,000 and 6,000 metre without specialist equipment required
- martial arts, not including martial arts training
- rock climbing outdoors
- riding quad bikes
- shooting moving targets such as clay pigeons
- water activities in rivers or rapids
- tandem parachuting, skydiving, hang gliding or paragliding
- using a motorcycle with an engine greater than 200cc
- Rental vehicle excess. You can increase the amount payable to cover damage or your rental vehicle excess in the event of an accident or theft.
- Policy excess. You can also choose to increase the excess amount you pay in the event of a claim on your Comprehensive travel insurance, as the higher your excess amount, the lower your premiums. However, this is more money you need to find to process a claim in an emergency.
Your health, safety and wellbeing are not things you want to compromise on, whether you are at home, or travelling around the world. Therefore, when you are planning an overseas trip, take care to compare the best travel insurance policies and inclusions, to create the most comprehensive package of benefits for you and your family.
A comprehensive policy is the highest tier of cover you can buy, and as a result, it will protect you with high, and often unlimited, benefit levels for:
- cancellation benefits in case you become ill or injured or cannot travel
- cover for emergency medical and dental assistance and treatment overseas including evacuation and repatriation
- replacement or reimbursement of lost, stolen or damaged luggage and personal items
- additional expenses incurred because of delays, including purchasing essential items if your luggage is delayed, or making alternative accommodation or travel arrangements if flights or transfers are delayed
- personal liability cover in case of litigation against you for the injury or death of another person, or damage to property
- accidental death, loss of income and permanent disability benefits in case of an accident or injury you suffer while travelling
- on call assistance 24 hours a day, from anywhere in the world when you need help, have a question, medical emergency or loss.