Online Travel Insurance Basic is a budget friendly policy that covers you for the most common mishaps encountered while overseas
You invest a lot of time and money when you go on holiday. However, no matter how full proof your plans may be, there is a multitude of situations that can negatively impact your trip including:
- you could become ill or injured before you leave and have to cancel your trip, losing all deposits and money you’ve already paid, and being charged cancellation fees on top of that
- your luggage could be delayed, leaving you without the essentials and comforts of home, to start settling into your new adventure
- you could become ill or injured while you’re away, stopping you enjoying the tours and sights you’d planned
- your credit cards could be stolen and being used fraudulently and you don’t know how to explain this to the international branch.
Receive quotes for online travel insurance basic coverWith Online Travel Insurance Basic you have cover for:
- reimbursement of deposits and cancellation fees so you can travel again when the time is right.
- a benefit amount to allow you to purchase essential personal effects until your luggage arrives
- a benefit to cover additional accommodation and travel to have a family member accompany you home, and resumption of journey benefit so you can pick up your travels when you can
- 24 hour phone line and a team of dedicated medical and insurance experts to help answer your questions, process reports and contact all the right people for you.
Online Travel Insurance, which is underwritten by Allianz, and has been looking after Australians travelling overseas for over 10 years. Online Travel Insurance offers a range of policies to suit your travel plans and your budget, and even the Basic policy will look after you in case of medical emergencies and protect you with personal liability cover.
Online Travel Insurance created their Basic plan so you can afford to take the world class protection of the Allianz Group with you, anywhere in the world.
The Basic Plan from Online Travel Insurance features:
- Unlimited cover for overseas emergency medical assistance
- Unlimited cover for overseas medical and hospital bills
- Emergency dental expenses up to $1,000 per person
- An accidental death benefit of $25,000 on the single policy and $50,000 on the family policy
- Personal liability cover for up to $2.5 million.
When you work with Online Travel Insurance to tailor the most affordable and inclusive policy you can, you are enjoying the global strength and security of the Allianz Group. This not only means you are getting products created from decades of knowledge and worldwide experience, you are also instantly connected to the Allianz Global Assistance line in case of an emergency, a claim or a question.
Allianz Global Assistance connects you to a team of medical and insurance experts who can offer medical advice, pay your hospital bills, check on your progress, and will be there to offer support and advice when you feel so far from home.
If you do want to enhance your Basic policy from Online Travel Insurance, there are a number of options you can add, according to your travel plans and circumstances. For example, for an increased premium for each, you can add:
- The snow pack. You can add the snow pack option if you are planning a skiing trip, to offer you increased medical benefits, as well as specialised cover for your equipment and additional cover if you are unable to travel, use your passes or return home because of bad weather.
- Bicycle pack. Bicycles are not covered by the standard travel insurance policy from Online Travel Insurance. Instead, you can add this as a specified item, provided the bicycle is less than three years old, valued at more than $1,500 and is free of damage. The maximum amount Online Travel Insurance will pay for a bicycle is $5,000. This feature does not include cover for any bicycle accessories.
- Adventure pack. Add the adventure pack to your travel insurance if you are planning:
- animal conservation and handling
- battle re-enactments not including firearms
- caving or potholing
- contact sports such as rugby, Australian Rules or American Football
- deep sea fishing
- diving using an artificial breathing apparatus, provided you hold an open water diving license
- flying fox or zip lining
- river tubing.
With Online Travel Insurance you are working with its experienced, worldwide network of claims assistants provided by the Allianz Group. To ensure your claim is handled quickly:
- Immediately notifying the Allianz Global Assistance line
- Downloading the claims form from the Allianz website
- Providing all relevant information and documentation with your claim form
- If you think you need to cancel or shorten your journey notify Allianz right away so they can process this change
- Not admitting fault or liability, or promising to pay money or become involved in legal action without the approval of Allianz
- Providing all claims documents within 30 days of returning to Australia
- Allianz Global Assistance will return to you in 10 business days with an assessment of your claim
- Allianz will source any additional information required in writing.
There are some expectations on your part to remain protected by your Online Travel Insurance policy, and there are some limitations to cover you need to be aware of before you travel, including:
- you will not be covered if you act intentionally recklessly to put yourself at risk
- you must do everything you can to reduce a loss you have experienced
- you cannot claim for change of plans due to a disagreement with your travelling companion
- you must be honest in your application about your health and circumstances
- you cannot claim for loss which can be recovered through workers compensation, transport accident laws or other medical benefits scheme
- you cannot claim for an incident arising from engaging in manual work
- you cannot claim for any errors which result from your mistakes in booking arrangements
- you are not covered for the insolvency of any company or travel services provider
- you cannot claim for acts which are illegal or breach government regulations
- you must be properly licensed to be eligible to claim for motor vehicle, moped or scooter accidents
- claims cannot be processed for areas where a government warning has been issued.
Travel can be equal parts daunting and exciting, and it is important that you don’t get swept away by the excitement, and forget to prepare for the real dangers which can easily ruin your carefully laid and anticipated plans.Back to top