Brighten up a loved one’s day with a beautiful floral arrangement under $150. We have a few suggestions to make your online shopping a lot more convenient.
Flowers have always been a part of social customs and gift giving. Europeans kept the tradition strong historically, and even in modern day social situations, as admirers present bouquets of flowers to the Queen and the Royal Family during royal visits.
Brides carry flowers to signify life and fertility on their wedding day, and flowers are laid on the graves of the dead to commemorate their life and spirit. In modern ideals, flowers are associated with peace and love, and the giving of flowers has extended beyond the traditional exchange between a man and a woman it has become quite normal that a woman can give a bouquet to a man if she so chooses.
Best flower assortment under $150
Paris Pink Roses from Flowers for Everyone
Lovely pink roses perfect as a birthday or anniversary gift to a lovely lady. The delicate flowers are soft and feminine, and the unique 'Paris' pot can be used even after the flowers have wilted.View details
Wild - Flower Bouquet from Macarthur Baskets
This basket, prominently features brilliantly coloured native Australian flowers, is sure to brighten the day of any recipient for any celebratory occasion.View details
Ms Pink from Sun Flower Gallery
This delicate, beautiful arrangement is the perfect gift for a baby shower or to celebrate the arrival of a bouncing baby girl. Roses are timeless and elegant, and their bright pink colour delightfully pleases the eye.View details
A34 Glorious Gerberas from JustFlowers
This beautiful, bright flower box is perfect for a male or female recipient, and is a gorgeous addition to a kitchen or dining room table.View details
Top 10 online florists
Flowers for Everyone from Flowers for Everyone
Flowers for Everyone prides itself in providing flowers that will suit any occasion and any recipient. If you order before 2pm AEST, Flowers for Everyone guarantees same-day, Australia-wide delivery.View details
Macarthur Baskets from Macarthur Baskets
Macarthur Baskets is an Australian company that creates unique, original gift baskets that can be given at any event. The company ships its baskets Australia-wide and offers same-day delivery for some regions.View details
Sun Flower Gallery from Sun Flower Gallery
SunFlower Gallery is an American company offering shipping to various countries around the world, while still maintaining the freshness of their flowers.View details
JustFlowers from JustFlowers
Just Flowers proudly proclaims themselves as Australia's online florist' with many beautiful bouquets and arrangements. All prices include delivery costs and taxes, and Just Flowers ships Australia-wide.View details
Flowers.com.au from Flowers.com.au
flowers.com.au is an established online flower retailer in Australia. In fact, they are said to be the leading retailer of flowers online in the country.View details
Collins Street Flowers from Collins Street Flower
Located on its namesake street, Collins Street Flowers has been operating for over 20 years and provides top-quality floral arrangements, along with stuffed toys and other accompaniments.View details
How to pick beautiful flowers online
There are a few things to consider while buying flowers online. The following points are important to keep in mind while making the purchase:
- Check first with the floral company, or do your own research, to find out which flowers will be in season. Flowers that are in season are generally less expensive than exotic flowers or blooms that are not in season. This is much like purchasing exotic fruits or produce that are out of season.
- Research what the flower and the desired colour of the flower mean. Hydrangeas, for example, signify friendship and devotion and often come in a deep blue colour, which commonly symbolises friendship, trust, and peace.
- Ask the person, or their family and friends, what their favourite flower is. Many people have a preference for a specific kind of flower so there is always a chance that the type of bloom that you choose may not be a favourite of the recipient.
- Buying flowers online also gives you the opportunity to set a specific day for the bouquet to be delivered. If the flowers are to be delivered for the recipient’s birthday in a few weeks, you can set the delivery date to that particular day. This way, you will not have to worry about having time to drive to the floral shop on the recipient’s special day.
- Check the florist’s recommendations. The shop’s website will often indicate certain bouquets, arrangements, or flowers for specific occasions. Some florists will allow you to create custom arrangements online by picking a certain design and specific flower types.
- Make sure that the recipient is not allergic to any of the flowers! Sometimes, some people have sensitivities to pollen. If you don’t want to give your gift idea away, ask the recipient’s family or friends about any possible allergies.
- Compare retail and shipping prices. Check a few different florists’ websites and check prices for the same flowers or similar arrangements. Compare shipping costs from different companies, too. Some companies include complimentary vases or floral blocks to extend the life of the bouquet or arrangement. Check delivery policies from these companies as well and ask how you can confirm that your purchase was safely delivered to the recipient.
The history of flowers
The historic connotations of giving flowers can be traced back to ancient times. Roman goddesses often wore flowers in their hair. The coming of Spring flowers was often associated with Venus, the goddess of fertility. During the Middle Ages and the Victorian era, when expressing sentiments in words was considered socially unacceptable, bouquets of flowers were exchanged to express these sentiments.
The presentation of such bouquets, like those of red roses, mattered greatly. Giving an upside down bouquet signified anger, whereas presenting them right-side up signified love. Meanwhile, different flowers in various colours held different meanings Yellow daisies were whimsical and inexpensive, and represented friendship. White flowers, often roses, were used during wedding ceremonies to symbolise purity and youth, and pink roses indicated femininity.
Consequently, books were written about the proper presentation and selection of flowers. Though these books would seem antiquated now, selecting the proper bouquet is crucial and largely dependent on the recipient. Fortunately, online florists make choosing the right type of flower to make your loved one smile convenient and easy, allowing you to select the perfect arrangement or bouquet, and then have it delivered right to the recipient’s door.
Current deals and specials
15% off orders over £30
Simply use the code to get 15% off on orders over £30 at Flowercard.
Show code & visit site15****After the store tab opens, come back to copy the code
20% off for new customers only
Simply use the code to get 20% off your orders at Flowercard. Valid for new customers only.
Show code & visit siteFL****After the store tab opens, come back to copy the code
10% off all orders
Save 10% on all orders at Bunches.co.uk.
Show code & visit siteBU****After the store tab opens, come back to copy the code
Why shop at finder.com.au for flowers under $150?
Shopping for flowers online through finder.com.au has many benefits, including the wide selection of retailers with top-quality floral products for sale. This comes with the added benefit of finding promotional vouchers and discounts to ensure that you can afford that perfect arrangement.
Here are only some reasons to shop online at finder.com.au for floral arrangements, bouquets, and other flowers:
- Coupons and vouchers. Offering exclusive coupons and vouchers for coveted retailers, the prices make buying the brightest and most beautiful floral gifts affordable.
- Convenient online shopping. Conveniently bringing a large range of florists and their work into your home through the online realm, finder.com.au allows you to shop at your leisure, any time from the comfort of your home.
- Free shipping available. Adding to the convenience of shopping at home, many of our retailers offer free shipping when you spend more than a pre-set amount on flowers. Some even include the shipping costs within the cost of their arrangements. Be sure to check the shipping guide to become familiar with which retailers participate in this feature.