Find the perfect flower arrangement for any occasion that will help you express what you want to say, while also saving yourself some money in the process.
Flower hampers make great gifts for any reason. But despite online shopping making it easier for us to get the right flowers from any corner of the world, choosing the right flower arrangement can be quite tough. With a little help, however, this can be turned into something simple and less stressful.
Best flower arrangement hampers
Here are a few things to consider as you choose your flower arrangement hamper.
- Personality. The personality of the recipient will help you narrow down your options. This is also important as it will help you give them something more personal and meaningful. It’s also important that you make sure that the recipient is not allergic to the flowers you have chosen.
- Favourite colour. One’s favourite colour will help you in choosing the best flower arrangement. While all colours are sure to have an effect, you are guaranteed to make your recipient smile if you give her flowers of her favourite colour.
- Meaning of flower. As flowers are a way of expressing emotions, it is very crucial that you choose the type of flower very carefully because each has a different meaning. If you are not sure of the flower’s meaning, ask an expert florist for help.
- Budget. As you look through the many flower arrangements available online, you can easily get overwhelmed and not keep tabs on their prices. It is always important to have a budget of how much you are willing to spend in order to help you narrow down your search.
Pink Lizzie from Flowers for Everyone
This arrangement features pink garden roses, pastel gerbera daisies and romantic lisianthus mixed with fresh greenery, placed with a leaf-lined cylindrical leaf-lined vase.View details
The Girly Girl from Flowers for Everyone
This arrangement features pretty pink star-shaped lilies that are blended in a sweet gift box using year round classics such as chrysanthemum daisies, and seasonal lovelies such as roses and hyacinth.View details
Bright Reflection from Bunches Direct
Bright stunning orange roses will surely shine bright and reflect the warmth and commitment of your heart!View details
Rose Paradise Bouquet from ValueFlora
A hand-tied bouquet of various colours of roses with ruscus and beargrass to add some green to the flower arrangement. This flower hamper comes with free glass vase and free chocolates.View details
Paris Pink Roses from Flowers for Everyone
An assortment of pale pink roses that are arranged with some foliage to give contrast to their beautiful colour.View details
Best floral arrangement hampers ideal for any occasion
Different occasions call for different flowers and flower arrangements. We have compiled a few tips to help you find the perfect flower arrangement hamper for various occasions.
- Valentine’s Day. In most cases, a bouquet of red roses or even a single rose is used to mark this day, but in case you are looking for something a little more unique, lilies are also a great choice.
- Anniversary. Check the meaning of the flowers you are choosing as this celebration is important and memorable to you. It might be more helpful if you choose your flower arrangement hamper based on something that bears special meaning to the two of you. For instance, the flowers used at your wedding or the same type of flower that you exchanged during your first Valentine’s or anniversary.
- Mother’s Day. You can choose an assortment of flowers to give as a Mother’s Day gift. Carnations are a popular as it is believed to be a symbol of a mother’s endless love.
- Congratulations. Choose flowers that are bright and cheerful to go with this occasion. You are not limited to any specific type of flower and in fact, you can go with the recipient’s floral favourite.
- Birthday. This is a very personal occasion and with that in mind, you should make a point of putting a personal touch in the hamper you choose. The recipient’s favourite flowers are a good choice. It’s also best to check if the person is allergic as to flowers before you even start selecting a gift.
Whatever the occasion or intention of flower giving, a little research will be very helpful in finding that perfect flower arrangement.
Mother's Day - i heart mum from Flowers for Everyone
Exotic fragrant pink lilies, lime anthuriums and bright purple vanda orchids are a wonderful gift for a mum. These flowers are combined with thriving foliage and placed in a vase..View details
Congratulations - Glorious Gerberas from JustFlowers
An elegant arrangement of red, yellow and orange gerberas in a beautifully crafted box will surely bring smile on the that person's face.View details
Sunflower Bouquet from fineflora
A symbol of happiness and warmth, this bouquet of expertly arranged sunflowers are perfect for cheering and brightening up a room.View details
The significance of flower types and colours
When looking for the perfect flower arrangement you have to keep in mind that different flowers have various meanings and that even the colour of a flower can change its meaning altogether. The meaning of the flower is essential to know as you do not want to find yourself in an awkward position or a huge misunderstanding. Here are a few flowers and their respective meanings to help you in making your choice.
- Calla lily is a symbol of beauty. White calla lilies show purity and innocence making them perfect for weddings.
- Carnations show admiration. A red carnation is a symbol of love, pride and admiration, while white carnations are a symbol of innocence and pure love and pink carnations represent love of a woman or mother.
- Lilies symbolise a refined beauty. A white lily is a sign of modesty, while a tiger lily is a symbol of passion and a yellow lily is a sign of gaiety.
- Hydrangea show heartfelt emotion and gratitude.
- Irises show eloquence. A purple iris means wisdom and compliments and blue iris means faith and hope, while a yellow iris is a sign of passion and a white iris represents purity.
- Daffodils are a sign of new beginnings and should be given in bunches as a single daffodil is a sign of misfortune.
- A rose represents various types of love which depend on the colour and number of roses. A red rose is used to show love, respect, desire and courage, while a pink rose signifies grace and perfect happiness.
- Sunflowers are seen to be a symbol of joy and warmth.
- Freesias symbolise companionship.
- Daisies represent an image of innocence and loyal love.
- Orchids signify an exotic beauty. They are an easy way to express refinement, thoughtfulness, charm and femininity.
Where to shop online for flower arrangement hampers
|Teleflora||Petals Network||Ready flowers|
|Teleflora is a great place to order flowers online. They offer free shipping with all orders and have thousands of partner florists working with them.||Petals Network is committed to creating beautiful floral arrangements and getting them delivered on time. They believe flowers are a great way to express what you feel.||Ready Flowers provides friendly and prompt service along with only the finest floral arrangements.|
|Interflora||Flowers for Everybody||Collins Street Flowers|
|Interflora offers same day and next day delivery. They also have a 7-day freshness guarantee and top-notch customer service.||Flowers for Everybody is an excellent choice for a great variety of flowers and arrangements and they have an arrangement for every occasion.||Collins Street Flowers is a respected florist that has been creating quality arrangements for over 20 years. They have an excellent selection of specialty gifts as well.|
The history of flower arrangements
Flowers and flower arrangements have been a part of human life as early civilisations have used flowers in various occasions to convey messages. The Egyptians used cut flowers that were arranged in a simple stylistic manner and were not put in bunches but set in rows. They also exchanged and carried bouquets of flowers and wore wreaths with water lilies to symbolise the goddess Isis. The Greeks and Romans, on the other hand, did not arrange their flowers. Instead, they scattered them on the ground during festivals and used them to make wreaths and garlands. Wreaths were used as a symbol of honour and allegiance and the type of flower, its fragrance and meaning were of more importance than its colour and beauty. As the Romans experienced more prosperity, their use of flower arrangement increased when they started using roses at dinners and arrangement of flowers in baskets become more common.
By the 320 to 600 A.D., flower arrangements had become accepted in the society and were set apart by height and symmetry. The arrangements were mainly done in a symmetrical and conical shape to resemble trees. The Renaissance Period saw a great emphasis on flower symbolism with flowers arranged in vases or used to decorate walls and ceilings. Flower arrangement then spread to Europe during the Baroque Period and more designs and arrangements were introduced over the years. Presently, flower arrangements are used all over the world and expert florists now make arrangement designs for various occasions.
Current deals and specials
Why shop at finder.com.au for flower arrangement hampers?
finder.com.au is undoubtedly the place to find the right flower arrangement to suit your needs. Here are a few reasons why.
- Money-saving. Using our promo codes, you can save some money without compromising the flower arrangement of your choice. Moreover, you will always be the first to know about current deals and specials that may be offered by any of the top online flower retailers.
- Retailer reviews. We have made your work easier by offering you with a list of well-known flower retailers who have customer reviews and feedbacks. So as you shop, you can be assured of each retailer’s level of service and quality of service.
- Convenience. You no longer have to spend hours looking for the best flower retailer or for the best florist as we have done all the work for you. With a wide range of flower arrangement hampers that suit any occasion and a number of the top online flower retailers, you can now quickly find exactly what you need at finder.com.au.