Our mums deserve only the best and by giving them the freshest and most beautiful flowers on any given day, we can make them feel more special.
Special people like mothers deserve great treatment and with days such as Mother’s Day entirely dedicated to them, you cannot hold back on gifts. Flowers are a favourite amongst mothers and you need to ensure that you get the right flowers to put that smile on her face. You can buy your mum flowers for her birthday, on Mother’s Day, her anniversary, or just because you miss her.
Below is a small list of flower gifts that you can send to your mother
Lavender Dreams from 1800 Florals
This dreamy bouquet is presented in a stunning glass vase that brings out the richness of the daisies, roses and alstroemeria.View details
Exotic Grace from Collins Street Flower
This striking potted plant features birds of paradise arranged gracefully with orange bloomsView details
Sunshine Roses from 1800 Florals
Bring the sunshine to your loved ones with this vibrant yellow roses.View details
Snow Sparkle from Petals Network
Snow Sparkle is a gorgeous white bouquet that makes the perfect gift for a mum. This arrangement comes in an elegant glass bowl.View details
- Roses: Roses have a long history of being used as special gifts making them an obvious favourite. Roses come in different colours, including red, yellow, orange and white, just to mention a few. All make a befitting floral gift.
- Lilac: Another flower choice is the lilac. It is commonly known to symbolise new love in weddings. It has another special meaning - the love between a mother and her child. This is why lilac a type of flower that can be given to mothers especially for Mother’s Day.
- Iris: Irises are special floral gifts for mothers. They are used by Christians to symbolise the Virgin Mary and the pure heart of a mother. They come in a multitude of colours, but white and blue are the most commonly patronised irises. They signify the love children have for their mothers.
- Orchids: In countries like China, orchids are a symbol of fertility. They are known to signify refinement and beauty. Any woman who is a mother would wish to own the bouquet of exotic orchids on Mother’s Day.
- Tulips: We cannot forget tulips. These royal flowers are associated with new life, making them appropriate gifts for mother. These flowers are full of beauty and can be suitable for mother’s birthdays, anniversaries and other special occasions.
How to choose the most beautiful flowers for a mum
Most of our mothers will like any gift that we give them. That doesn’t mean that we should close our eyes and simply buy the first flower that pops to mind. Just like any other gift, a lot of thought has to be put into the selection and below are a few things you need to consider.
- Her interests: You know your mum and by now, you have gained a pretty good understanding of her likes and dislikes. Put into consideration her favourite scents, designs and colours when buying flowers.
- Colour: Selecting colours can be easy if you already know her palette of choice. The only problem is that you are flowers and not clothes and flower colours convey different messages. One way of getting around this is by going for a mixed arrangement. This is your cheat sheet and this will eliminate the need to know what different colours mean.
- Longevity: Consider choosing a potted flower instead of a cut flower. Such a gift will need to be cared for and may linger for longer. Most mothers at an old age will concentrate on the meaning of the occasion and the gifts brought. They will want to preserve the gift for a longer time. Cut flowers tend to wither faster so it is advisable that you gift a potted flower like a tulip or an orchid.
Wisely choose where you would like to buy the flower. Online florists are not just convenient - they also offer variety and the opportunity to find flowers that are rare or not found locally. Look for quality and compare it with price. Then look at the delivery mode involved. How much time will it take? The faster your flower is delivered, the longer it stays fresh.
When choosing flowers for a mum, look for flowers that can be customised. This is because the card will last longer than the flower and it will always remind her of your special flower gift.
Best flowers for mum
Lovely Lilies from Collins Street Flower
These lovely lilies are a heartfelt expression of love, respect and admiration. The arrangement features soft pink roses and white lilies coupled with some green foliage.View details
Fay from Ready flowers
Fay, which means "fairy", consists of white and yellow Asiatic lilies. These lilies are long- lasting.View details
Flower Arrangement from Serenata Flowers
This floral arrangement is a lovely gift for a mum and can be placed in an office space or at home.View details
Bright Box Arrangement from Flowers for Everyone
This bright box arrangement is a lovely gift for a mum and can be placed in an office space or at home.View details
Current deals and specials
25% off on Christmas Plants & Send Christmas Wishes from the Heart
Save 25% on Christmas Plants & Send Christmas Wishes from the Heart with the code at 1800Flowers.com. Conditions Apply
Show code & visit site25****After the store tab opens, come back to copy the code
Show code & visit siteTS****After the store tab opens, come back to copy the code
Why do we buy flowers for our mothers?
There are many reasons why we should buy flowers for our mothers. One of the major reasons is because they are special people to us. Because of this, we need not have a reason for giving them flowers. That means they could be random ‘just because’ flowers. We live such hectic lives that rarely do we have the time to visit our parents. Sending flowers is a nice way to let our mother know that she is in your thoughts. It is always a moment of joy when a mother is visited by a bouquet of fresh flowers especially when the child is in a different state or country. Flowers with messages of appreciation are much adored by mums. They are a sweet gesture that lets her know you have not forgotten her sacrifices. Flowers make mothers feel as though they are part of their children despite already having their own lives and families.
Sending flower to our mothers symbolises love and respect. Men, for instance, can and should take advantage of the fact that women are impressed by floral gestures. When you buy flowers for your girlfriend’s or wife’s mother, it makes your life so much easier. It is a sign of early appreciation and it can help improve your relationship with your current or potential in-laws. However, do not go overboard and make sure that you have the right flowers. The last thing you want to do is make the wrong impression on your mother-in-law with a bouquet of flowers that does not depict your intended message.
Where to shop online for the best flowers for a mum
|Ready Flowers||The Flower Factory||FineFlora||Serenata Flowers|
Why shop at finder.com.au for flowers?
Promo codes and discounts are easy to find at finder.com.au and with a few clicks, you are able to visit florists from all over the world and make your purchase. The site offers you a convenient shopping avenue, where a wide range of florists are available for your to choose from.Back to top