While men may not shout it out loud, they appreciate receiving a nice bouquet of flowers once in a while. Let us help you shop gorgeous flowers for your man.
Men are visual creatures, so it should not come as a surprise that they love flowers. Although flowers are traditionally thought of as a gift for women, it’s no longer unusual to see men buying flowers for themselves. This should tell you one thing: they wouldn’t mind receiving a nice floral arrangement on Valentine’s Day or on their birthday. It’s exciting to see the mixed reaction of a man receiving flowers.The expression of excitement covered by a macho look is one worth seeing firsthand and you can enjoy this by buying the special man in your life flowers. Summer Mix is a collection of limonium, lisianthus, white gerberas, chrysanthemums and some greenery giving the arrangement its edge. These elegant cream and purple roses are ideal for a special man in your life or spouse. Unique arrangements may be used. Rising Sun is made up of yellow roses and cymbidium orchids. This bouquet can be sent as a get well soon bouquet.
Summer Mix from FloraQueen
Flower Arrangement from Serenata Flowers
Rising Sun from Petals Network
Summer Mix is a collection of limonium, lisianthus, white gerberas, chrysanthemums and some greenery giving the arrangement its edge.View details
These elegant cream and purple roses are ideal for a special man in your life or spouse. Unique arrangements may be used.View details
Rising Sun is made up of yellow roses and cymbidium orchids. This bouquet can be sent as a get well soon bouquet.View details
Best flowers for men
Bright Days from Arena Flowers
Men are into bright flowers and this arrangement is befitting with roses and sunflowers.View details
Lemon N' Lime from Collins Street Flower
This is a great floral gift from mother to son as it produces that cottage home feel Suitable for all occasions.View details
Current deals and specials
Contrary to what many think, men are not just interested in blue and dark flowers. Interestingly, men love bright flowers, especially yellows, whites and even the reds. While pink may be pushing your luck, a few mixed arrangements wouldn’t hurt. The rules of buying flowers for a man are similar to all floral gifting rules. For one thing, you must ensure that the flowers are right for the occasion and the relationship you have with the recipient. The flowers you buy for your husband are not the same ones you will buy for a colleague or a friend. These bouquets are intended to tell different messages so choose the ones that would most aptly relay your intention. It’s also important to consider the colour of the flowers and as mentioned, men are not necessarily going to go for blue all the time. But there’s nothing wrong with incorporating some darker shades into your bouquet to make the flowers less feminine.
There are many advantages that come with sending flowers to your husband or a male colleague. For starters, flowers are less expensive gifts. They also hold sentimental value. Last but not the least, they are unique gifts as the culture of giving men flowers has not really been exploited.
Why do we buy flowers for men?
Flowers are viewed as gifts from the heart and we buy them because they are more personal than other popular gifts. They tend to linger on one's memory for longer, making them more special and thoughtful. You can buy flowers for any man in your life and that includes your boyfriend, spouse, professor, colleague, boss, neighbour, friend, dad and granddad. There are no rules and it’s not inappropriate to buy male colleagues flowers.
However, the type of flowers you choose to buy will determine whether or not the flowers you have bought are appropriate. This is because there are rules with flowers and each flower has a deeper meaning. For example, red roses symbolise deep love while white roses symbolise peace. Colours are also important - while blue symbolises inspiration or loyalty, purple symbolises respect. Still not sure what to buy for a man? Here are a couple of occasions and some ideas on what flowers to buy for him.
- Reward: Flowers can be used to say ‘well done’. Congratulatory flowers honour special achievements and there are plenty of flowers you can buy for such occasions.
- Get well soon: You can also buy flowers for a special man or friend who is not feeling well. A bouquet of flowers can brighten up his day and even rejuvenate his energy.
You don’t need a special reason to buy a man flowers. You can even give flowers ‘just because’ for your dad or spouse. Don’t limit yourself.
How to choose the most beautiful flowers for him
Choosing flowers for men is not as complicated as you may assume. However, it does require some tact since you don’t want them to appear feminine. If you are still in doubt of whether or not men like floral gifts, it would help to know that the Society of American Florists conducted a survey which found out that more than 60% of men like to receive Valentine’s Day flowers. These results probably don’t have much to do with the flowers but the sentiments behind the flowers. We all want to feel special and flowers have a way of making us feel that way. That said, you need to make the right selection to make your man feel special. Below are a few tips to follow when choosing flowers for him.
- The first consideration is the occasion. As a general rule of thumb, let the colour rule the occasion. For example, for apology or condolence flowers, the flowers need to be subdued in design and colour. However, you can go all cheery and bright with congratulations, birthdays and romantic flowers.
- When it comes to selecting the colour, you don’t have to go with subdued colours. Men love bright colours such as orange, red, yellow, purple and blue. Excellent choices for such colours would be roses, sunflowers, irises and gerbera daisies. Neutral colours like green are also great and these can be found in carnations, orchids and foliage in arrangements. Pastel colours are more suitable for women.
- The floral designs matter a great deal. Men will most likely go for flowers that have natural or linear structures as opposed to the fluffy ones. You can incorporate a fun element into the floral design by having the flowers in a car-designed vase or even in a boxed vase.
- Men smell flowers too. Men like masculine scents that are musky and earthy, such as lupine, tulips and roses, bluebells, carnations and delphiniums. Heavily scented flowers like hyacinth and stargazer lily may not be too appealing. However, you can add some eucalyptus, pine, cedar and sprig of balsam to create that masculine scent.
- It’s important to work with a florist when selecting flowers for men. Florists have the experience and expertise to identify suitable flowers and arrange them.
- Consider the man’s favourite flower. If this information is available, then choosing the right flower becomes a hundredfold easier.
Why shop at finder.com.au for flowers?
finder.com.au simplifies your search for the perfect flowers for him. Here, you have a vast number of florists who can help you get the best floral gift for the man. The site also makes it easy for shoppers to gain discounts using finder.com.au promo codes and you can also find free shipping deals with these florists.
The entire site is dedicated to convenient shopping and you have all these wonderful resources that will give you an easier time as you enjoy the comforts of online shopping. Whether you are looking for a specific type of flower or running short of ideas of what flowers to buy, finder.com.au will has what you are looking for.