Flowers are an excellent way to add a touch of natural beauty to any environment. Lovely floral bouquets can complement or bring colour to the space they are placed in.
Choosing the right flower arrangement for your needs doesn't need to be difficult. Here at finder.com.au, you'll find many different options at your fingertips. With uniquely chosen bouquets and arrangements to preview, it's easy for you to find a bouquet or arrangement that's beautiful and complementary to your preferred style.
The Best Online Flower Bouquets
Grand Seduction from InterfloraView details
Bianca from Interflora
Bianca is an elegant and fragrant bouquet using a combination of fanes and textures of white and green to create a soft and romantic effect.View details
Perfect Posy from JustFlowers
This bouquet owes its hint of freshness to LA lilies and carnations, which comes along with a generous use of succulents.View details
Where to shop online for the most beautiful bouquets
|Delivered on time or your next gift is FREE||Receive delivery on time or your next gift is free at Edible Blooms. Conditions Apply||
|Same day delivery available||Interflora offer same day delivery as long as you order before 2pm.||
Best flower arrangements
When choosing your flowers, you should choose each bouquet based on a number of different options. You will need to decide what type of flowers to use, what colours you should include with your bouquet or arrangement and how the arrangement should be presented.
Colour is one of the most important variables to consider before you purchase your arrangement. If you are buying for a celebration that has already defined specific colours, it is important that you choose matching flower colours.
The type of flower should also be taken into consideration. It is common for meaning to be assigned to certain flowers - white roses generally signify friendship, while red roses can signify romantic love. Likewise, orchids are considered to signify wisdom, refinement and beauty. Daisies can signify innocence and joy, while crocuses and daffodils tend to be thought of as new, fresh and innocent.
Colour or flower type is not the only variable to consider. Careful consideration should be paid to how the flowers are presented. A simple glass vase can be an excellent choice, but some situations may call for a more complex presentation form. The presentation or base used should always match the flowers and should not be so complex that it competes with your flowers for attention. Review the beautiful flower arrangements below for an overview of several well-thought-out arrangements.
Best bouquets for every occasion
Bouquets can also be chosen to match the occasion for which you are purchasing them. Here at finder.com.au, you'll find flowers for nearly every occasion. Whether it's Christmas, Easter, birthdays, anniversaries or weddings, choosing the right flower bouquet is very important. Make a statement at your next celebration by following these convenient tips when choosing flowers for your occasion.
For weddings, base colours are typically chosen. The base colour itself will depend on which colours the bride has chosen for her wedding. A main flower type is also featured and more commonly, with additional flower types acting as a highlight to the main type itself. Using white roses in combination with smaller coloured flowers can be an excellent way to match bridal colours. Additional pastels can also be added in for extra effect, if desired.
Spring, autumn, summer and winter all have their own colour options. For spring occasions, look for flowers in delicate yellows, greens, blues and whites. Daffodils are an excellent choice for spring, as are crocuses and lilies. Fall colours focus on browns, reds, oranges and yellows. Summer allows for more vibrant pinks, reds and corals, while winter is dominated by white and blue.
Choose traditional red, white and green arrangements to add beauty to Christmas celebrations. Easter bouquets should focus on spring flowers in spring colours, while Valentine's Day can be celebrated with red and pink colours. For Halloween, consider bright orange flowers in a black vase.
Life occasions like birthdays and anniversaries require a different approach. You should always consider the person you are buying for when deciding on a bouquet or arrangement. Choose arrangements in their favourite colours, or stick with the traditionally acceptable multi-coloured arrangement found below. Anniversary flowers should use white, along with other delicate, classy colours.
Types of flowers and their meanings
It is also important to consider the meaning of the specific flowers you choose. Each flower sends a specific message when included within an arrangement. While you should always include favourite flowers, you should also consider the flower type and colour. Both the flower itself and the colours it comes in can create a totally different meaning for your bouquet. Review the information below for an overview of these meanings.
It is mostly flower’s colour that gives meaning to your bouquet or arrangement. There are no hard rules in choosing flowers and you should always consider what colours your loved one would prefer. Generally, colour meanings are as follows:
- Red - represents love, passion, romance or relationships
- Pink - represents sensitivity, playfulness or a blossoming romance
- Orange - represents brightness, joy and adventure
- Yellow - represents friendship, good wishes and sympathy
- Green - represents health, life balance and youth
- Purple - represents the mystical side of life and creativity
- Blue - represents calm, peace and serenity
- White - represents purity, innocence and elegance
- Mixed - represents excitement, celebration or whimsy
Certain flowers have meanings tied to them, in addition to their inherent colour meanings. Typically, the following flowers have these associated meanings:
- Snapdragons - hope for children
- Sunflower - adoration and love
- Tulip - freshness and delight
- Poinsettia - transformation and humble attitudes
- Peony - healing and renewal
- Orchid - strongly associated with intense romance
- Marigold - money, fortune or luck with finances
- Magnolia - dignity, independence and strength
- Lilac - blossoming love
- Larkspur - uniqueness, one-of-a-kind friendship
- Ivy - loyalty and reliability
- Geranium - comfort and care
- Daisy - excitement, joy and happiness
- Freesia - happiness, health and positive thinking
- Daffodil - renewal and lasting friendship
- Baby's Breath - birth, celebration
The history of flowers bouquets
It is thought that the art of arranging flowers dates back to early Egyptian times. Researchers and historians have been able to identify the practice in a variety of cultures. In addition to its inclusion within the Egyptian culture, flower arranging has also been linked to ancient Rome, Greece and China. It is believed that these areas were the first to engage in flower arranging, with the art spreading into Europe by around 1000 CE. In certain areas, flowers served a dual purpose and were eaten in addition to being used as arrangements.
From these early origins, flower arranging spread widely and was adopted by many other cultures. As flower arranging continued to grow, the designs used within it changed with each new cultural adaptation. During the renaissance period, garlands became popular. When the art had spread to the Dutch and Flemish areas, the bouquet became a popular arrangement format. In the French period, flowers became bright and beautiful, with a strong focus on forming arrangements in strong, clean lines. By the time flowers became popular in the Victorian era, they had become fashionable and were an integrated part of many societies.Back to top
Why shop at finder.com.au for bouquets?
- Convenience. Here at finder.com.au, it's easy to see a wide variety of options all in one place. There’s no need to travel from shop to shop to find the perfect flowers, as you can do it all right from your favourite chair or sofa.
- Shop from a distance. Need to order flowers for a friend that's far away? It's possible to send flowers right from the retailer to a loved one. Send get well flowers to a distant hospital, or congratulate a far away friend on the birth of a new child right from your own home.
- Promo codes. There’s a huge range of promo codes available to help you save off your order. Find an eligible discount voucher now to get more value out of your money.
Flowers can allow you to send just about any message you want to a friend, colleague or loved one. With such a variety of meaning attached to flower types, colours and arrangements, it's easy to communicate with flowers. These helpful tips will ensure that you make the right flower choice all the time.