If you're finding it hard to find flower arrangement baskets online, you’ve done the right thing by coming to finder.com.au.
Before choosing any flower arrangement, you’ll need to consider who you’re giving it to. If it’s just for yourself to display at home, then you have a huge range of choices. But if you’re gifting the flowers to somebody, you’ll think to think about how its going to be delivered and what style of flowers the recipient will like.
Why gift flowers?
- Many people have appreciated the value of flower arrangements because of its longer lifespan. This is due to the fact that water can be supplied to its vase and further prolong the life of the flowers.
- Flower arrangement basket is easier to receive when delivered because the recipient does not have a problem of finding an appropriate container, and can immediately display it in the table or in any other flat surface.
- Flower arrangement basket is a suitable way of preserving the freshness of flowers which will convey the feeling of thoughtfulness of the sender.
- Flower arrangement basket has the feature of a multi-purpose decoration because it can be transferred to a location that the recipient pleases.
Favourite flower arrangements that can be bought online
Always a Lady from Collins Street Flower
A lovely gift given in a special occasion is always appreciated. This stunning combination of Roses and Lilies perfectly arranged in a clear vase makes a wonderful and long lasting memory.View details
Fruit Dreams from Petals Network
Flowers in bloom and fruits in season are awesomely arranged in a basket which will give your family a gift of lovely decor and a healthy option.View details
How do I choose the right flowers for the right occasion?
Today with the number of florists which are continuously increasing, you’ll find also several flowers with different meanings for different occasions. So how do you know that you’re sending the correct flowers for the occasion?
Here are some few suggested ideas of flowers most fitting for the occasions.
- Wedding day. Generally, Orchids are likely to be the favourite choices because of their strong relevance to love.
- Valentine’s Day. For this occasion, the best and the most suitable flowers that you’ can give are Roses of any colour, but the most popular is red. This symbolises of a great love.
- Birthday. Some people have chosen bright and colourful flowers like Gerberas as a symbol of a bright life of the celebrant.
- Easter. Lilies can be the best choice because these flowers give a memorable and symbolic meaning of our creator.
- Get well soon. Gerberas can be the flower which is best suited for the occasion as it gives brightness and positive perspective to the recipient.
- Any anniversary. Roses and Daisies are perfect for the occasion because these give the symbol to the endurance of the relation.
Anniversary Love's Divine flower arrangement consists of lovely red and white Roses placed in a stunning clear glass vase. This beautiful arrangement is an endless gift for your loved one.
Love's Divine from Petals Network
Love's Divine flower arrangement consists of lovely red and white Roses placed in a stunning clear glass vase. This beautiful arrangement is an endless gift for your loved one.View details
Thank you This arrangement strikingly combines tropical flowers with greens and placed in an amazing cube. This is the best way of saying "Thank You".
Island Daydreams from Collins Street Flower
This arrangement strikingly combines tropical flowers with greens and placed in an amazing cube. This is the best way of saying "Thank You".View details
I'm Sorry This floral arrangement consists of White Lilies and delicate blue iris dance gracefully with Roses and Alstroemeria will appeal to those with an immense sense of style.
Graceful Beauty from Petals Network
This floral arrangement consists of White Lilies and delicate blue iris dance gracefully with Roses and Alstroemeria will appeal to those with an immense sense of style.View details
Flowers have been recognised by many people as a way of communicating emotions as well as showing gratitude, concern, sympathy and love with one another of various ages. History showed that the language of flowers started in Turkey in the 17th century. The use of flowers to convey emotions frequently was noticed particularly among romantic lovers.
The acceptance on the use of flower language continued to increase during the Victorian period. And up to the present time many of us have been embracing this practice of giving flowers to demonstrate our emotions practically on every special occasion.
Depending on culture, tradition and country, flowers showed different meanings to different people. There must be a way to consolidate these different flower meanings in order that there will be correct understanding between the sender and receiver. And this resulted to the development of a science called Floriography.
Floriography is an actual science on the language of flowers. It is also a means of cryptological communication through the utilisation of flower or flower arrangements. History revealed that Floriography came from the coded messages of the Victorian period which enabled the exchange of feelings among those who were not allowed to verbally express their emotions.
Top four finder.com.au flower retailers
The history of flowers
Since ancient times flower arrangements have been used as a form of art during prehistoric Egypt to enhance the beauty of the occasions. In several periods and in various countries flower arrangements differ in style but they all have significance and purpose. Here is the brief history of flower arrangements in terms of period of times in several countries.
- Ancient Egypt (2800-28 BC). During this period Egyptians were already using flower arrangements in many religious rituals, tomb adornments, home decorations, etc. Egyptian’s flower arrangements were known to be modest and have elements of replications.
- Ancient Greece (600-150 BC). The favourite decorations of Greeks were flowers. Wreaths, garlands and flower arrangements were always present in festivities such as weddings, birthdays, victory parties, etc.
- Ancient Rome (28-325 AD). It was the tradition of the Romans to make their garlands, wreaths and crowns elegant. The wreaths symbolise military victory, and flowers were occasionally arranged in baskets and were commonly fragrant and brightly coloured.
- Byzantine Period (320-600 AD). In this era Greek and Roman practices continued, but the only difference was fruits were added in the flower arrangements. In addition more leaves and tiny flowers were used in garlands which gave them a distinct appearance.
- Ancient China (500 BC -100 AD). Generally flower arrangements were used by Chinese in religious rituals, and were found in their temples and altars of their homes. Chinese was the first people who designed baskets for holding flowers.
- Ancient Japan (794-1192). It was the Buddhist monks who brought flower arrangements to Japan. The flower arrangements were not only used for religious purposes but these became the Japanese art of flower arranging called ‘Ikebana’.
- Medieval Period (476-1400). The only information from the 14th century Persian paintings revealed of heavy Oriental influence. This also showed that there were many kinds of flowers contained in a vase used for religious ceremonies.
- The Renaissance Period (1400-1600 AD). It was in Italy that flower design and arrangements were started and spread throughout Europe. Flowers and foliage were woven into garlands to decorate walls and vaulted ceilings.
- Victorian Period (1837-1901). Flower arrangements were more extravagant which utilised containers such as flared vases, silver and porcelain urns. Most popular arrangements were triangular and circular and used roses, tulips, lilies, dahlias, and asters.
Why shop at finder.com.au for all your flower needs?
- Convenience. By shopping online through finder.com.au you have no problem on parking, intermingling with the crowd, and to whom you’ll leave your children while buying. You can shop at the comfort of your home and with the convenience of your computer after doing your household chores.
- May qualify for free shipping. Some of our featured retailers provide shipping for free if your purchases reach a required amount, so you’re getting great value of your money. Our shipping guide also helps in explaining how to get the best from this great feature.
- Great prices for everyone. We have a wide range of special deals and coupons from all your preferred retailers, so those eye-catching prices will help you get more value of your shopping. Always remember to look for products with a promo code.