Flower arrangements have the ability to convey different messages. And now, it's easier to purchase flower arrangements online.
Flower arrangement is a historical art that has been around for thousands of years. What started as simple garlands in medieval times has grown into many different cultural arrangement styles. The goal of flower arrangement is to create a pleasing, attention-grabbing selection of silk or real flowers.
Typically, arrangements start with what is called a ‘line piece.’ The line piece defines the height of the arrangement and provides a basis to form the arrangement around. From there, the main flowers are inserted. It is at this point that highlight flowers or fauna is inserted. Baby's breath, leaves and various grasses are all commonly used as highlight flowers. In some cases, additional non-plant highlights are added. Materials like ribbons, balloons or statuettes are sometimes included to add to the aesthetic of the arrangement.
Best flower arrangements
To ensure that you pick the best flower arrangements every time you send flowers, you should consider why you are purchasing them. Are your flowers destined for a sweetheart, or will you be sending them to your mother to celebrate Mother's Day? By considering your needs in advance, you give yourself the best shot at picking the best flower arrangements available.
- Certain flower arrangements hold meaning, while others may have elements related to specific holidays. It's common to see Valentine's Day arrangements with chocolate roses or teddy bears embedded in them. Christmas arrangements tend to feature holly and poinsettia flowers. Birthday arrangements tend to be exciting and loaded with bright colours.
- The formation of your flower arrangement also matters. You should ensure that you know where the arrangement will be placed, or what it will be used for. Wreaths are common for memorial services or Christmas celebrations, while garlands frequently adorn church aisles during weddings or funerals. The traditional bouquet is the most commonly used format and can be very large, very small, or somewhere in the middle.
- Also consider the container in which your arrangement is placed. While baskets are appropriate for Easter and spring, they don't work quite as well for Christmas sprays.
Glass vases are an excellent choice for small bouquets, as they add a touch of elegance and help to balance the clean white colour nicely. Bamboo stands make an excellent base for bamboo or other Asian-themed flowers. Arched flower centrepieces can help to dress up a wedding table nicely and draping the base of a vase with delicate white silk can help to soften the look of a vase of roses.
Compare Different flower arrangements:
Best flowers for every occasion
Australian Native Flower Arrangement from Flowers for Everyone
This arrangement is truly made of long-lasting Australian native flowers, making it perfect for sending gifts to your loved ones.This is presented in white ceramic pot, and the flowers come with lush green foliage.View details
Native Flower Basket from Flowers for Everyone
Native flower basket arrangement of long lasting native flowers suitable for all occasions.View details
Types of flowers and their meanings
When choosing your flower arrangement, you should take into consideration the meanings of flowers and their colours. Different flowers hold very different meanings and the colour of a flower can change its meaning entirely. For example, the simple rose can mean friendship, love, passion or family love, depending on what colour rose you send. Standard flower meanings are as follows:
- Bells of Ireland - good luck and fortune
- Bluebells - humility
- Cactus - longevity and endurance
- Carnations - varies with colour from innocence to passion
- Crocus - new beginnings, cheerfulness
- Forget-me-not - long-term love, positive memories
- Iris - steadfast faith, valour in battle, overcoming obstacles
- Daylilies - matronly love, femininity
- Mistletoe - Christmas time, affection, kissing
- Orange blossom - bright affection, marriage
- Peony - happy marriage
- Poppy - good fortune, material wealth, success in life
- White poppy - consolation, comfort, sympathy
- Rosebud - budding love, first love
- Roses - differs depending on colour, may range from passionate romance to innocence
- Violet - demureness and modesty, honesty
Birth flowers are also assigned to each month of the year, just as birthstones are. The following is the typical assignment of flowers for each birth month throughout the year:
- January's flower is carnation, or sometimes the snowdrop
- February's flower is primrose, or sometimes violets
- March's flower can be violets or Jonquil flowers
- April's flower is daisy or sweet pea
- May's flower is Lily of the Valley or Hawthorn
- June's flower is honeysuckle or rose
- July's flower is larkspur or water lily
- August's flower is poppy or gladiolus flower
- September's flower is Aster or morning glory
- October's flower is cosmos, or sometimes the Calendula
- November's flower is chrysanthemum
- December's flower is holly, although poinsettia is also closely associated
Where to shop online for flower arrangements
|The Flower Factory||Flowers For Everyone||ReadyFlowers||Petals|
Current deals and specials
Flower arrangements can also have emotional impacts on those who enjoy them. Research has identified that flowers have several different health benefits. Flowers have been identified as triggering feelings of happiness and pleasure in many individuals. They also have a beneficial effect on social interactions, boosting the desire to interact with others and making people more relaxed. Researchers believe that you can boost your mood on a daily basis just by keeping fresh cut flowers in your home or office.
Of course, these health benefits can be added to celebrations like birthdays and anniversaries. Sending flower arrangements is also a great way to encourage a friend to get well when they are feeling poorly.
Regardless of why you choose to send flowers, you can be sure that your gift will be well-received. To ensure that you provide the best mood-boosting ability possible, you should consider the best flower arrangements for your unique circumstances. The information below will help you to pick the best flower arrangements for any occasion.Back to top
Why shop at finder.com.au for flower arrangements?
finder.com.au has sourced all of the best flower retailers for you, allowing you to shop an incredibly diverse variety of options right from home or the office. With such easy access to the information you need to choose your flowers, you'll have the perfect arrangement for your loved ones in no time. Take the stress out of shopping for fresh, beautiful flower arrangements with finder.com.au.
There's no need to spend hours running from flower shop to flower shop, trying to find the right pre-made arrangement. You can shop hundreds of possible arrangements right here on finder.com.au.
Deals and specials
There's always deals and specials available through the online retailers listed on finder.com.au. Save money and preserve your ability to send the perfect gift by shopping through excellent online retailers.