finder.com.au is seeking a talented Editor-in-chief in their Sydney CBD office to join our fast growing and driven team
Accountabilities & Commitment:
As the finder.com.au editor you will drive the editorial direction of the website to build an audience. You will use human insights of what people actually want to drive the content topics. A finder.com.au ‘Editor’ has a wide range of skills in the areas of content improvement, content ideas generation, editing, writing, content management, SEO, monetisation, internet marketing, and editorial team management. Your work will always differ from day-to-day but your prime responsibility is to drive the editorial of the finder.com.au websites to the highest standard in Australia in personal finance, insurance, telco, shopping & travel and
future markets on the horizon for finder.com.au.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Collaborate with Publishing team - work with our team of publishers on implementing editorial strategy to achieve objectives for each business units
- Content creation and management including: Drive the editorial tone, provide and ensure correct and detailed product information, writing your own content, updating and amending existing content, driving new ideas and overseeing the entire finder.com.au editorial quality.
- Improve content quality - Edit the entire content base to improve the standard to be the best in Australia.
- PR - Assistance in promoting finder.com.au in the media and creating new editorial pieces and concepts to pitch. Promote finder.com.au to build new links and drive traffic to the website.
- Pitching new content concepts and projects for our websites
including: CreditCardFinder.com.au, finder.com.au and SavingsAccountFinder.com.au
- E-mail newsletter Editing - Curating and editing newsletters for each website. Ensuring the content is hitting the core nerves of the user and what they want to read about.
- Recruitment - Hire A player writers and editors
- Managing our existing writing team - setting KPIs, reviewing all work and recruiting new writers to assist in creating amazing content
- Manage freelance writers - when freelance writers are needed your responsibility is to co-ordinate recruiting and managing their work to integrate with our internal systems and processes and ensuring they meet our quality standards
- Content formatting & layout design - manage the design & layout of articles to optimise for readability and
conversion rate optimisation.
- Media creation - helping to produce/co-ordinate video production, images, diagrams & tables to make improve content
- Testing & Experiments - run regular split tests/multivariate tests to determine the best copy, content layouts and configuration to achieve content objectives.
- Advanced Research - extensive research methods to ensure holistic & comprehensive content is produced that is unique & compelling and provides genuine value to finder.com.au users.
- Advanced On-Page SEO - understanding of the latest search engine ranking factors to ensure our content has the best possibility visibility within search engine results pages.
Qualities we are looking for:
- Passion for writing and editorial and the art of creating remarkable website content that is evergreen and helps users make a decision about their financial matters.
- Passion for helping Australians through financial education
- Someone who does not procrastinate, with a bias towards taking action and is proactive
- Strong design aesthetic which will be reflected in the finder.com.au content projects
- Ability to take part in good debate in the interest of improving our content and our user experience across our websites.
- Work effectively with internal and external writers to schedule and publish high-quality content on the site that will not only assist users in making an informed decision on their purchase but also drive revenue and profits for finder.com.au
- Identify low quality content and make it superior to competitors and evergreen
- Optimise content for the web - Improve and rank highly in natural search
- Report and analyse on the performance of content that has been published
- It is expected that you
- Don’t need hand holding
- Are self motivated
- Seek to improve and become dominant
- Be prepared to personally improve your skills and productivity
- Vacuum information, learn from experts and become superior
- Share information and skills with your colleagues and build the Hive.
Essential Requirements of the role:
- Grow and lead the editorial team at finder.com.au
- Set the and drive the editorial tone of the website and bring it through to all writers work
- Leading editorial projects that make money
- An Enterprising Proactive Get it Done attitude
- Resourceful when spending company funds
Other skills which would be useful:
- Knowledge of WordPress
- Experience working with high traffic websites
- Experience within the finance industry
- An understanding of the comparison space
In return for your editorial leadership and skills, we’ll provide you with:
- An opportunity to be part of a rapidly growing company making waves in Australia
- Access to a team of remarkable individuals who are always willing to share their knowledge
- Access to our in-house design & technology team who will assist you with delivering your ideas, projects and improvements.
- A steady stream of engaging, challenging and rewarding projects
- Free lunch everyday, fresh juice Wednesdays and as much soda and energy drinks as you can drink
- Your choice of super-computer (Mac or PC) with as many monitors you can fit on your desk
- A super cool start-up culture and working environment (we love StarCraft 2, OpenTTD, Minecraft, and SimCity)
We strive to achieve in hyper competitive markets and our goal is to be number 1. finder.com.au has high expectations for everyone who joins our crew and we are individually committed to helping you achieve your personal goals.
To apply, please answer the following questions
- Why do you want to work on finder.com.au?
- Do you prefer Monday or Friday deadlines? Why?
- What product comparison should finder.com.au launch?
- What is your super power?
If you think you have the skills and passion necessary to fill this role, please write in confidence to myself, Jeremy Cabral, at email@example.com.
Please do not apply if:
- You don’t LOVE producing remarkable quality content on the Internet
- You're not wanting to be challenged
- You’re a recruitment agency